Create a spectacular cinematic experience in your own home. The VPL-HW45ES is packed with technology developed for Sony's professional Digital Cinema projectors, including SXRD panels and Advanced Reality Creation upscaling technology for fabulously detailed Full HD images. With 1,800 lumen brightness and a compact design, it’s the perfect choice for unforgettable home entertainment.
- Full HD resolution 3-chip imaging system
- 1,800 ANSI lumen brightness
- Reality Creation super resolution processing
- MotionFlow™ Technology to reduce image blur in fast moving scenes
- 6,000 hour rated lamp life
- RF-type industry-standard active 3D emitter built in
- Nine customizable picture modes
- Dynamic lamp control technology improves 3D brightness
- Whisper-quiet fan at only 22db emitted
- Three-year limited warranty
- Input lag reduction mode for more responsive gaming
Spectacular Full HD pictures with Advanced Reality Creation
Advanced SXRD® panel technology is teamed with Advanced Reality Creation - Sony's Super Resolution processing technology that refines subtle details, colors and textures. You'll see the difference with crisp, sharp Full HD pictures that take you closer than ever to the original 1080p source.
High brightness and high contrast ratio
With an impressive 1,800 lumens brightness and high contrast ratio, Full HD images are clear and with bright highlights and rich, deep blacks – even in well-lit rooms.
Smooth, fluid on-screen action
Coupled with the panel's super-fast response rate, Motionflow™ technology means you’ll see every detail with minimal blur - no matter how fast the action.
Up to 6000 hour rated lamp operating life (in Low mode) means simpler maintenance, with fewer lamp swaps and reduced running costs.
Flexible home installation with wide zoom and shift lens
The manual zoom lens with a 1.6x zoom ratio and wide lens shift range gives greater installation flexibility in any room size, even with high ceilings.
Industry standard RF 3D compatible
The projector's built-in RF transmitter synchronizes with compatible Sony and 3rd party RF 3D glasses for wider coverage and greater stability, so there’s no need for an external transmitter.
Cinema-like 3D brightness
Sony’s dynamic lamp control technology and rechargeable 3D glasses work together perfectly to establish vibrant, cinema-quality brightness levels on your favorite 3D movies and shows.
Forget that the projector is even in the room due to the advanced air discharge system. Sony’s whisper-quiet fan emits only 22db during show time.
Powerful picture calibration features
Quickly calibrate your picture to the type of content you’re enjoying with nine unique modes including a variety of cinema, gaming, photo and user customizable pre-sets.
You're always up to date with the latest features and firmware updates via the projector's USB port.
Three-year limited warranty
All Sony Elevated Standard (ES) projectors enjoy three-year limited warranties.
With the fan exhaust positioned at the front of the projector, you don’t need to worry about wall clearance and room for air intake/exhaust when installing. This helps maximize throw distance, for the biggest possible projected images.
- Screen Size: 40” to 300” (1,016 mm to 7,624 mm)
- LCD Panel: SXRD panel, 0.61” x 3 effective display area size, 6,220,800 (1920 x 1080 x 3) pixels
- Lens: 1.6x Manual Zoom; Manual Shift: V:+/-71% / H:+/-25%
- Acceptable Computer Signals: fH: 19 to 72 kHz, fV: 48 to 92 Hz
- Lamp Replacement Time (Recommended): 6000 H (Lamp mode: Low)
Inputs and Outputs
- HDMI™ Connection(s): HDMI1 / HDMI 2: Digital (RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr)
- IR Input(s): Yes (mini jack)
- RS-232C Input(s): Yes (D-sub 9-pin (female))
- USB: DC 5V, Max. 500 mA
- Focus: Yes (Manual)
- Shift: Yes (Manual)
- Shift Range: V: +/- 0.71V; H: +/- 0.25H
- Ultra Low Fan Noise: 22 dB
- Zoom: Yes (Manual) 1.6x
- Operating Humidity: 35 to 85% (no condensation)
- Operating Temperature: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
- Storage Humidity: 10 to 90% (no condensation)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max.: AC 100 V to 120 V: 310 W AC 220 V to 240 V: 310 W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): Standby Mode: AC 100 V to 120 V: 0.4 W (when "Remote Start" is set to "Off") AC 220 V to 240 V: 0.4 W (when "Remote Start" is set to "Off") Networked Standby Mode: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V: 1.0 W (LAN) (when "Remote Start" is set to "On") Networked Standby Mode Activated: After about 10 Minutes
- Power Requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 3.1 A to 1.3 A,50/60 Hz
- Brightness: Light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High) *2 *2 The values are estimate.
- Acceptable Video Signals: Computer signal input: 1920 x 1080 dots (HDMI Input only) (Max. display resolution) Video signal input: 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/60p (HDMIinput only), 1080/50p (HDMI inputonly), 1080/24p (HDMI input only)
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 16 1/8 x 7 1/8 x 18 3/8 in (407.4 x 179.2 x 463.9 mm) (W x H x D) (without protrusions)
- Weight (Approx.): 20 lbs. ( 9 kg)
- Environmental Notice: Lamp in this product contains mercury. Disposal of these materials may be regulated due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities.
What's in the Box
What's in the box:
- RM-PJ28 Remote Commander (1)
- Size AA (R6) Manganese Batteries (2)
- AC Power Cord (1)
- Lens Cap (1)
- Operating Instructions (CD-ROM) (1)
- Quick Reference Manual (1)