Your living room cinema just arrived.
The Sony VPL-HW45ES home cinema projector puts Sony's Reality Creation engine to use, creating a picture that will bring your favorite films to life. Vibrant and crystal clear, this projector creates a stunning experience that simply can't be replicated elsewhere.
Sony VPL-HW45ES Highlights
- High-definition home-theater projector
- 16:9 aspect ratio (can also play 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Reduced lag for more responsive gaming
- 3 SXRD chips -- one each for red, blue, and green
- 3D-ready with active RF emitter
- Reality Creation super resolution processing
- Long-lasting, energy-efficient lamp
- Front-loaded USB 2.0 jack for streaming digital content
- 1,800 ANSI lumen brightness
- Dynamic lamp control improves 3D brightness
16.2” W x 17.2” H x 18.3” D
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Warranty: 3-year limited
- World Wide Stereo’s 60-day guarantee
The Home Theater Revolution, Sony Style
Thinking about upgrading to a projector for your home theater? With its perfect balance of price and quality, our Sony VPL-HW45ES Full SXRD Home Cinema Projector is just the right system for your needs. Featuring Sony’s vaunted SXRD technology and fully 3D ready, it’s an outstanding example of Sony quality -- at an affordable price point.
Movie Theater Fidelity, Right at Home
Sony isn’t just an electronics company. They also own a movie studio, and the understanding of what real projectors need to be successful this entails shows at every turn in the VPL-HW45ES. It’s outfitted with three of their top-of-the-line professional-grade SXRD color chips -- one each for red, green, and blue -- for deep, rich, and accurate colors. Only the Sony VPL series can provide this type of legendary performance.
The Best Picture, Period
Make any signal an HD signal with Sony’s fabled Reality Creation engine. And with its included Motionflow technology, you’ll never need to worry again about your refresh rate not matching up with your movies’ and TV shows’ frame rates. It’s the perfect two-part cinema tech combo, and one that gives the VPL-HW45ES the best picture of any projector in its class.
Vibrant, Cinematic Brightness
This dynamic lamp technology works together with rechargeable 3D glasses, too. With vibrant, truly cinematic brightness, your 3D library has never looked better. It’s also fully RF 3D compatible, so your favorite movies will look great with any pair of 3D glasses you (or your friends) happen to own.
No Extraneous Noise
Don’t let the projector itself ruin your home theater experience! With its whisper-quiet, 22 dB front-facing fan for superior cooling and throw distance -- without needing to worry about wall clearance -- you’ll hardly even remember it’s there. Just enjoy the sensation of watching movies in your home theater the way they were meant to be watched.
User-Friendly and Customizable
With nine amazing presets -- including special modes for 2D, 3D, and black and white movies, your gaming console, and watching your slideshows straight out of the box, the VPL-HW45ES is a cinch to set up and use. And true home theater buffs will love the incredible flexibility the deep 1.6x zoom ratio and lens shift offers. Perfect for any user in any situation.
- Screen Size: 40” to 300” (1,016 mm to 7,624 mm)
- LCD Panel: SXRD panel, 0.61” x 3 effective display area size, 6,220,800 (1920 x 1080 x 3) pixels
- Lens: 1.6x Manual Zoom; Manual Shift: V:+/-71% / H:+/-25%
- Acceptable Computer Signals: fH: 19 to 72 kHz, fV: 48 to 92 Hz
- Lamp Replacement Time (Recommended): 6000 H (Lamp mode: Low)
Inputs and Outputs
- HDMI™ Connection(s): HDMI1 / HDMI 2: Digital (RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr)
- IR Input(s): Yes (mini jack)
- RS-232C Input(s): Yes (D-sub 9-pin (female))
- USB: DC 5V, Max. 500 mA
- Focus: Yes (Manual)
- Shift: Yes (Manual)
- Shift Range: V: +/- 0.71V; H: +/- 0.25H
- Ultra Low Fan Noise: 22 dB
- Zoom: Yes (Manual) 1.6x
- Operating Humidity: 35 to 85% (no condensation)
- Operating Temperature: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
- Storage Humidity: 10 to 90% (no condensation)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max.: AC 100 V to 120 V: 310 W AC 220 V to 240 V: 310 W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): Standby Mode: AC 100 V to 120 V: 0.4 W (when "Remote Start" is set to "Off") AC 220 V to 240 V: 0.4 W (when "Remote Start" is set to "Off") Networked Standby Mode: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V: 1.0 W (LAN) (when "Remote Start" is set to "On") Networked Standby Mode Activated: After about 10 Minutes
- Power Requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 3.1 A to 1.3 A,50/60 Hz
- Brightness: Light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High) *2 *2 The values are estimate.
- Acceptable Video Signals: Computer signal input: 1920 x 1080 dots (HDMI Input only) (Max. display resolution) Video signal input: 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/60p (HDMIinput only), 1080/50p (HDMI inputonly), 1080/24p (HDMI input only)
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 16 1/8 x 7 1/8 x 18 3/8 in (407.4 x 179.2 x 463.9 mm) (W x H x D) (without protrusions)
- Weight (Approx.): 20 lbs. ( 9 kg)
- Environmental Notice: Lamp in this product contains mercury. Disposal of these materials may be regulated due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities.
What's in the Box
What's in the box:
- RM-PJ28 Remote Commander (1)
- Size AA (R6) Manganese Batteries (2)
- AC Power Cord (1)
- Lens Cap (1)
- Operating Instructions (CD-ROM) (1)
- Quick Reference Manual (1)
Customer Reviews for Sony VPL-HW45ES Full HD SXRD Home Cinema Projector
So what's missing? No motorized lens cover. Focus, zoom, image positioning are all manual. No keystone correction. None of this matters. They are set-and-forget. Don't need keystone correction. Looks to me like Sony put the money saved on these unnecessary features into image quality.
A couple of caveats... If you access a lot of content with different formats you might miss having zoom on the remote. Maximum brightness is not as high as the competition. If you intend viewing in a bright room that might be an issue. In my darkened room its plenty bright enough on Low lamp setting and about mid-range intensity setting. Absence of keystone adjustment means this unit is best ceiling mounted.
Tip: A projector will always yield a sharper, more evenly illuminated image at long throw. Try to mount well back from the screen. I'm using 20 ft. for a 10 ft. diagonal screen and it looks great.