- HD and 4K Ultra-HD capable
- Fully Dolby Atmos-enabled
- 9.2-channel surround-sound
- 130 watts/channel power output
- Sony Music Connect slaves device to wireless audio receivers
- Gold-plated speaker output
- 6 HDCP-2.2 HDMI inputs
- AVR GUI for total software control
- Includes USB port and Ihiji cloud connectivity
- 60 AM/FM presets
- Remote included
- Dimensions: 17” W x 6.875” H x 17.8125 D”
- Weight: 37.75 lbs
- Warranty: factory five-year limited
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Bring Your Whole Home Theater Together
Have a beautiful flatscreen and several excellent speakers? Ready to connect them all and create a proper home theater? Take a look at our bestselling Sony STR-ZA5000ES 9.2-Channel 4K A/V Receiver with Dolby Atmos. Bringing Dolby’s superior Atmos surround-sound technology to Sony’s award-winning Z-line of receivers, it includes a 9.2-channel 130 watt/channel amplifier and comes with easy setup with full Internet functionality, as well Sony’s brand-new Music Connect feature set.
What Does an A/V Receiver Do?
A critical part of any stereo or home theater system, an audio/video (A/V) receiver, well, receives signals from your various input devices -- your DVD and Blu-Ray players, for example, or your cable box or satellite dish. It runs these signals through its built-in amplifier and sends the output signal to the relevant device: your TV or projector for video, and your soundbar or speaker system for audio. Without a receiver, your home theater’s fancy stereo setup might as well not even exist!
Truly Ultra-HD Ready
With six fully HDCP2.2-compliant HDMI inputs, the STR-ZA5000ES is fully 4K-compliant, both for any individual component and for pass-through. Enjoy the very latest in Ultra HD video from your Blu-Ray to your projector without having to worry about a dud screen.
… And Any Other HD Technology, Too
Outfitted with both x.v.Color and Deep Color technologies, the STR-ZA5000ES ensures that your entire HDMI library looks its best, from the source to the output. It’s the perfect receiver for playing your entire HD library!
The Receiver that Rocks
Your receiver’s amplifier is a critical part of the entire stereo system, and the STR-ZA5000ES delivers with its incredible built-in Linear Wide Band 9.2 channel amplifier -- that’s a whopping nine channels of surround sound -- pumping out sounds at 130 watts per channel! Hook this beast up to your speaker system or soundbar and feel your favorite movies and albums truly wash over you.
Dolby Atmos™ Sound Quality
Atmos is Dolby Laboratories’ latest surround-sound technology. Where previous surround-sound technologies only enabled surround sound in two dimensions, Atmos adds a third one -- height -- to the party. Now you can enjoy more than just directed and ambient effects -- Atmos gives you effects as disparate as the pitter-patter of rain or the roar of jet planes in their full, fully three-dimensional glory. Only a Sony Atmos receiver can deliver this type of audio performance at an enviable price point.
Welcome to the Music Connect Future
Welcome to the future with Sony’s new Music Connect. With an integrated connection to the HAP-Z1ES audio player (or any other networked music player), connect your wireless music system to your new ES-grade multichannel sound system. With Music Connect, you have another output for your receiver: your wireless speakers.
Built for Customization
Redesigned with a better back panel for easier rack wiring, the STR-ZA5000ES is built from the ground up with customization and integration in mind. Its best-in-class AVR GUI makes controlling your entire home theater easy with its easy front-panel display. Plus, it even has its own built-in web browser.
With a front USB input, back the STR-ZA5000ES just like any other computer. In addition, monitor your system from anywhere with cloud access, courtesy Ihiji. Make sure it doesn’t overheat -- or that your kids aren’t watching anything they shouldn’t.
Audio and video are just the tip of the STR-ZA5000ES’s iceberg. With a bit of help from your authorized ES dealer, harness your receiver as a full home automation. Lights, shades, security, appliances … anything is possible with the full power of Sony home automation. Support of just about any spec imaginable and a dedicated ping button makes it easy.
- 2 Ch. A/V Receiver (100W+100W @ 6 ohms, 20-20kHz, 0.09% THD)
- Optimized chassis and internal circuitry
- HDMI with HDCP 2.2 support (6 in/2 out: 1-main, 1-2nd zone)1
- Analog Audio to HDMI Output (A to D)/Digital Audio to Analog Output (D to A)
- In-ceiling mode
- Advanced Digital Cinema Audio Calibration
- Supports Digital Cinema Surround/Dolby/dts Digital Surround Audio/Neo:6 Codecs
- Supports 4K upscaling and pass-through
- Supports 3D
- Supports Deep Color & x.v.Color™ technology
- 8 HD Inputs (6 HDMI, 2 component)
- 8-port Giga Ethernet Hub with PoE (2) for convenient network connectivity3
- 2 HDMI outputs
- Control over IP, RS-232C or IR