Optimized for Integration. Designed for Installation
Enjoy flexible connectivity, powerful configurability, and renowned ES quality in this 7.2 channel 4K AV receiver with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-based surround sound. Add in full 4K HDR compatibility and easy IP integration with leading control systems and you have the total package of installation-friendly features and audio/video performance.
- 7.2 Channel A/V Receiver (100W @ 8ohms, 1KHz, 0.9%, 2CH)
- Supports Dolby ATMOS and DTS:X decoding plus two phantom rear surround channels.
- 4K HDR compatibility 5-in/2-out HDMI flexibility with HDCP 2.2 support
- Optimized especially for custom in-home integration, and system configuration - Seamless IP Control integration with the leading control systems
- Music connect allows integrators to combine the power of an ES-grade multichannel sound system with the flexibility of today’s wireless multi-zone music systems.
- Web browser configurable set-up (programming)
- Remote monitoring through Ihiji
- Digital Cinema Audio Calibration EX with speaker relocation technology
- Firmware updates via network connection
- Optimized chassis and internal circuitry for incredible audio performance
Premium Audio Quality
With 100W per channel, the STR-ZA1100ES delivers cinema-like surround sound and crystal clear music reproduction (100W @ 8 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.9%). For special installations, the amplifier can be configured to support: 2 pairs of speakers either independently (A or B) or simultaneously (A and B), in addition to Bi-Amp fashion.
Supports Dolby Atmos, and DTS:X Object-Based Surround
You'll feel like you're inside the action as the sounds of people, music, and objects move all around you in three-dimensional space. Can’t fit seven channel surround in your room? Phantom surround back channels will transform your five channel system into a seven channel system.
4K HDR, 5 HDMI Inputs for System Flexibility
Flexible connectivity with 5 assignable HDMI inputs and 2 outputs supporting HDR and HDCP 2.2. In addition, the ZA1100ES allows full, native 4K video content pass-through to 4K capable televisions and projectors, and even up-scales high definition movies and TV shows to 4K quality.
Optimized for Custom In-Home Integration
Designed with the integrator in mind, Sony ES engineers took the class-leading AVR GUI and tailored it for fluid integration into leading control systems using the front panel display or even web browser functionality. Sony has also redesigned the back panel layout to make wiring in a rack easier. Whether it’s including an Install manual with a product manual or discrete IR codes in the remote, Sony has focused on helping you exceed your customers’ expectations.
Sony’s unique Music Connect feature allows Z-series AV receivers to slave to the HAP-Z1ES Hi Res Audio player and other networked music players. This allows integrators to combine the power of an ES-grade multichannel sound system with the flexibility of today’s wireless multi-zone music systems.
Web Browser Configurable
View, program, and edit receiver settings via your Web Browser, computer, smartphone, or tablet. Enter the following into your web browser*: "http://[receiver’s ip-address]/". *Most modern web browsers are supported.
Remote Monitoring Through Ihiji
The STR-ZA1100ES allows cloud-based monitoring of power status, temperature, and product status through Ihiji, allowing integrators to remotely monitor the health of the product.
Digital Cinema Auto Calibration EX with Speaker Relocation Technology
D.C.A.C. EX with stereo mic is Sony’s unique auto calibration technology. This technology balances output to closely simulate sound as would be produced by optimally positioned and angled speakers. The results are nothing short of breathtaking, with the entire sound field seamlessly integrated for outstanding surround sound.
Firmware Updates via Network Connection
Perform firmware updates quickly and easily over a network connection.
Built for Sound
Every detail from the removable aluminum faceplate, to electronic component selection, special 2nd generation ES solder, structural/chassis elements, and even screw placement has been scrutinized and tuned in the higher interest of reliably consistent sound performance. The STR-ZA1100ES offers improved structural stability for better sound via the analogue signal path. This circuit is located on a glass epoxy board, in order to achieve higher speed and power.
Three DSPs to Reduce Unwanted Electrical Noise
Dispersing the load between three DSPs allow the realization of clarity and realistic ambience by reducing noise.
USB Front Input
Using the front mounted USB, you can easily apply system updates and during setup, save all receiver settings to a flash drive for backing up and porting over to another unit to replicate settings.
With help from your authorized ES dealer/installer, the full power of an ES receiver can easily be integrated into expanded home automation systems with all major third-party control partners, simplified IP access via the front panel ‘Ping’ button, A/V zone distribution, and simplified setup including built-in test patterns and access to easily used setup features.
In-Ceiling Speaker Mode
Developed especially for use with in-ceiling speakers and easily configured during setup, In-Ceiling Speaker Mode virtually relocates the Front and Center in-ceiling speaker sound images to better coincide with the screen. Dialog and music will sound as if coming from the screen instead of the ceiling.
- A/V sync: Yes (Variable)
- A/V sync time/sampling frequency: 0 - 300msec/192kHz
- Center speaker lift Up: Yes
- Digital legato linear: Yes
- In-ceiling speaker mode: Yes
- OP processing: Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes
- Sound optimizer: Yes
- Speaker selector: A/B/A+B/OFF
- Speaker terminal type: Screw (Ni)
- Subwoofer crossover frequency: 17 points (40-200Hz)
- Analog audio in: 4
- Coax.: 1
- Pre out (Subwoofer): 2
- Automatic phase matching: Yes
- D.C.A.C. EX / Advanced D.C.A.C. / D.C.A.C.: D.C.A.C. EX
- EQ for D.C.A.C: 31band GEQ
- Calibration mic: Stereo
- Speaker relocation: Yes
- Ethernet: Ethernet port (Power over Ethernet) : 1 (0)
- USB front(ver) / Rear(ver): Yes (2.0)
- Center: 100W (8ohms, 1kHz, 1ch, THD 0.9%)
- Frequency characteristics: 10Hz - 100kHz ± 3dB
- Front: 100W + 100W (8ohms, 1kHz, 2ch, THD 0.9%)
- Number of amp. channels: 7ch
- Speaker impedance: 6ohms - 16ohms
- Surround: 100W + 100W (8ohms, 1kHz, 2ch, THD 0.9%)
- Surround back: 100W + 100W(8ohms, 1kHz, 2ch, THD 0.9%)
- 2ch: Yes (2ch Stereo)
- Direct: Yes
- Dolby Surround: Yes
- Front Surround: Yes
- Headphone 2ch: Yes
- Neural:X: Yes
- Center: Yes
- Front A: Yes
- Surround: Yes
- Center (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Front (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Surround (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Surround back (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Auto tuning: Yes
- Direct tuning: Yes
- FM/AM: Yes (FM only)
- Preset channel (FM/AM): TTL60 (30/30)
- Station name: Yes
- Composite (Front): 2 (0)
- Component video: 2 (Assignable)
- Composite monitor out: 1
- HDCP2.2: HDMI input supporting (Front): 5 HDMI output supporting: 2 (1:Assignable)
- DSD: Yes (Up to 2.8MHz 5.1ch)
- DTS / DTS-ES (Matrix6.1 / Discrete6.1): Yes/Yes
- DTS 96/24: Yes
- DTS HD MA / DTS HD HR: Yes/Yes
- DTS:X: Yes
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby Dual Mono: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus: Yes/Yes
- LPCM: Yes (Up to 192kHz/24bit 7.1ch)
- 3D over HDMI: Yes
- 4K 60p 4:4:4 Support: Yes
- HDR: Yes
- CIS IP control: Yes
- IR repeat (In/Out): Yes (1/1)
- 12V trigger: 1
- 2nd A: Speaker (Variable) / Line (Variable, Fixed)
- 2nd V: HDMI/Composite
- 3rd A: Line (Variable/Fixed)
- Multi zone line out level control (Zone2/Zone3): Yes (Yes/-)
- Multi zone volume control (Zone2/Zone3): Yes (Yes/-)
- RS-232C for control: Yes
- Video upscaler and converter (1080i)/GUI for Zone 2: Yes
- Easy setup wizard: Yes
- GUI: YES (Only through HDMI)
- GUI language: English, French, Spanish
- Custom preset (Easy automation): Yes
- Input assign (HDMI/Component/Opt/Coax): Yes (Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes)
- Sleep timer: Yes (up to 2 hours)
- Auto standby: Yes
- Detachable AC: Yes
- Pin jack: Nickel
- Power consumption: 290W
- Power consumption(Power Stand By): 0.3W
- Power requirement: 120V 60Hz
- Remote commander: RMT-AA320U
- System update (Internet/USB/PC): Yes (Yes/Yes/-)
- Dimension (W x H x D): 17" x 6 7/8" x 16 1/4"
- Weight: 27 lbs. 13 oz.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- STR-ZA1100ES 7.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver
- Calibration microphone
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- AC power cord
- Remote control
- R03 AAA batteries
- Front cover