STR-DN860 7.2 Ch. Wi-Fi receiver with Bluetooth, AirPlay , Google Cast
Enjoy incredible performance and flexibility with 7.2 channels and 150 watts of power, in addition to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Google Cast for Audio, and AirPlay. Solid construction with specially developed components add-up to outstanding sound quality. Enjoy stress-free setup and use via the advanced on-screen GUI, streamlined remote, and SongPal support.
- 7.2 Channel 1050W A/V Receiver (150W x 7 @ 6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.9%)
- Optimized components and circuitry for fine-tuned audio response
- Built-in Wi-Fi with DLNA and Airplay capability1
- Enhanced usability via rich GUI and streamlined remote
- Supports high-resolution file playback via HDMI
7.2 Ch. of power.
- Packing 150W per channel, this powerhouse envelopes you in a new level of sound performance (150W x 7 @ 6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD). Added amplifier functionality allows for configuration flexibility including: speakers A or B, speakers A and B, in addition to Bi-Amp.
Built for superb sound.
- Employing construction and circuitry design cues from our ES line, it all begins with a rigid chassis based on the legendary frame and beam concept. To this structure, we then mount the various components: a high capacity power transformer, custom heat sink, and other specially designed and selected audio-grade components that add up to class-leading sound quality.
Easily connect to your devices with 8 High Definition inputs.
- Flexible HD connectivity with 5 assignable inputs. HDCP 2.2 compliant (1 in/1 out), this receiver also supports simple connectivity and full-playback of “4K Premium Content” with maximum visual and multi-channel sound quality. Eliminate unnecessary cables. With ARC, TV audio signal can be sent back to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV.
Access your music library.
- Wirelessly connect to your home network and access music stored on: your computer, network storage device, smartphone, or built-in music services, such as AirPlay and Spotify Connect. Also AirPlay compatible, you can easily stream your music and music apps from your iPhone/iPod Touch, iPad or iTunes.
Stream from your favorite apps with Google Cast.
- Google Cast for Audio lets you listen to your favorite music apps, online radio stations, and podcasts from your smartphone, tablet, or PC on your AVR. With Google Cast for Audio, your phone, tablet, or PC is your remote control. Listening to music is as easy as the press of the cast icon. Search, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the apps you know and love.
- Easily expand and control your music across multiple, compatible speakers in separate rooms with powerful multi-room capability and intuitive SongPAL Link app functionality.
Stream music from receiver to wireless headphones.
- Stream your favorite music from the receiver directly to a pair of compatible Bluetooth headphones, a great solution when the rest of the house is asleep.
High-Resolution Audio playback.
- Convenient DLNA (Wi-Fi) and USB connectivity supports high bit rate 192k/24-bit WAV/FLAC audio playback, and even DSD. Additional file formats supported include: MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV192k, FLAC 192k, ALAC, AIFF and DSD (2.8MHz). Simply connect the compatible device to the receiver and enjoy. And with Sony proprietary D.L.L. (Digital Legato Linear) technology, you can enjoy your favorite digital audio files in high-quality brilliance.
Intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
- Quickly and easily maximize your in-home theater experience via the newly improved Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration feature and supplied microphone. Using the intuitive, graphical user interface, you can easily adjust settings, change inputs, and confirm volume levels on-screen.
Turn your smartphone into a remote control.
- Download the free SongPal app from iTunes or the Google Play Store and use your iPhone or Android devices with the SongPal app to control receiver functionality including volume and input selection.
Enhanced wireless listening.
- LDAC, a new Sony audio technology, allows for high quality wireless Bluetooth audio streaming. With 3x the data transmission capability, LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
Restored high frequency sound lost in audio compression.
- DSEE HX offers natural sound with a spacious feel by revitalizing the audio signal and also restoring the high frequency sounds stripped by the audio compression process to near hi-resolution sound quality.
Preserved sound clarity.
- Pure Direct mode preserves signal clarity and detail by switching off unnecessary signal processing circuitry to provide the cleanest possible signal path with minimized electronic interference.
Smartphone connectivity via MHL.
- Directly connect your smartphone via an MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) certified HDMI cable and let your favorite personal video clips, music, and more loose on the big screen complete with big sound. MHL also supports the charging of connected devices.
Standby Audio/Video signal pass-through.
- Enjoy convenient access to all of your HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver. When the mood calls for it, simply wake the receiver from Standby by depressing the play button.
Great sound quality at any volume.
- Stop missing out on dynamic movie sound effects when you need to keep the volume at low levels. Sound Optimizer delivers optimized sound effect reproduction while maintaining the intended sound stage at high or low volume levels.
- Listen to music and watch video stored on your iPod or iPhone while charging your device through the front USB input. Easily connect compatible, portable devices including: Android smartphones, iPod/iPhones, digital music players, and even USB thumb drives or hard drives.
HD Digital Cinema Sound with front-high speakers.
- Optimize your receiver settings to mimic movie theater sound characteristics. Front Height mode enables vocal height and 3D effects for improved effects positioning and added depth. Imagine as a helicopter descends from above and lands right in front of you – you’ll hear the change in height as the effect unfolds on-screen.
Sony Sound field technology.
- Enjoy the moving experience of your favorite live performances performed in your living room when you embrace legendary Sony engineering expertise.
BRAVIA Sync Capable (HDMI CEC).
- Conveniently operate and control select Sony BRAVIA Sync devices with one remote including: Sony Blu-ray Disc Players, BRAVIA HDTVs, Sony home theater products.
Seamless IP Integration.
- With help from your authorized dealer/installer a Sony AV receiver can be easily integrated into a home automation network to provide multi-zone audio, while working alongside lighting, shade, and security systems, appliances and almost anything else you can imagine. Capable of supporting Control4 and AMX Beacon systems, The STR-DN1060 also features a 12-volt trigger and IR (in/out), for added installation flexibility.
Upscale everything you watch to 4K quality.
- The STR-DN1060 allows full, native 4K video content pass-through to 4K capable televisions and projectors, and even up-scales high definition movies and TV shows to 4K quality. Watch Blu-ray Disc movies in their native frame rate (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p compatible HDTV and playback device like a Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation gaming console via HDMI cable.
- MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) Front/Rear: 1 Rear Input Supported MHL version Incorporates MHL 2 Maximum current 900 mA
- Advanced Auto Volume: Yes
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bi-AMP: Common with Surround Back
- Digital Legato Linear: Yes
- Number of Amp channels: 7ch
- OP processing: Yes
- Sound Optimizer: Yes
- Speaker Impedance: 6-16 ohms
- Speaker Selector: A / B / A+B / Off
- Speaker Terminal: Screw (Ni)
- Sub Woofer X' Over: 17 points (40 - 200 Hz)
- (6Ohms, 1kHz, 1ch driven) THD: 0.9%
- (6Ohms, 1kHz, 2ch driven) THD: 1%
- 6Ohms, 1kHz, 1ch driven: 150 W
- 6Ohms, 1kHz, 2ch driven: 110 W + 110 W
- 6ohms, 20-20kHz, 2ch driven: 95 W + 95 W (0.09%)
- Automatic Phase Matching: Yes
- Band: 6
- DCAC: Advanced D.C.A.C.
- Mic: Mono
- CIS IP Control: Yes
- DLNA Party Streaming: Singer/Listener
- Internet Music Service: Yes (Spotify Connected/Tunein/Pandora/Music Unlimited)
- Mobile Application: SongPal/TVSideview
- Music Decoding Format for Network Client: Supported formats: MP3 (MPEG 1 Audio Layer-3): 32 kbps – 320 kbps, VBR AAC: 16 kbps – 320 kbps, CBR, VBR WMA9 Standard: 40 kbps – 320 kbps, CBR, VBR WAV: 32 kHz – 192 kHz, 16 bit PCM 32 kHz – 192 kHz, 24 bit PCM FLAC: 44.1 kHz – 192 kHz, 16 bit FLAC 44.1 kHz – 192 kHz, 24 bit FLAC AIFF: 32 kHz – 192 kHz, 16 bit PCM 32 kHz – 192 kHz, 24 bit PCM ALAC: 32 kHz – 96 kHz, 16 bit ALAC 32 kHz – 96 kHz, 24 bit ALAC
- Network Client: Yes (Music)
- Network Renderer: Music/Video/Photo
- Sony Entertainment Network: Yes
- 192kHz/24bit: Yes
- 96kHz/24bit: Yes
- DTS / DTS-ES (Matrix6.1 / Discrete6.1): Yes/Yes
- DTS 96/24/ DTS Neo:6: DTS 96/24
- DTS HD MA/ DTS HD HR: Yes/Yes
- Dolby Digital EX/ Dolby Digital: Yes/Yes
- Dolby Dual Mono: Yes
- Dolby Prologic/II /IIx /IIz: Yes/Yes/Yes/-
- Dolby TruHD/Dolby Digital +: Yes/Yes
- 2ch: Yes
- A.F.D. Auto: Yes
- Analog Direct: Yes
- Concert Hall: Concert Hall B
- HD-D.C.S.: Yes
- Headphone 2ch: Yes
- Headphone Direct: Yes
- Jazz Club: Yes
- Live Concert: Live House
- Multi Stereo: Yes
- Neo:6 Cinema: Yes
- Neo:6 Music: Yes
- PLII Movie: Yes
- PLII Music: Yes
- PLIIx Movie: Yes
- PLIIx Music: Yes
- Portable Audio Enhancer: Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes
- Sound Field Link: Yes
- Sports: Yes
- Stadium: Yes
- True Concert Mapping: Concertgebouw/Musikverein: Yes
- Auto Tuning: Yes (GUI)
- Direct Tuning: Yes (GUI)
- Preset Channel (FM/AM): 30 FM, 30 AM
- Station Name: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-300 msec)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Google Cast: Yes
- Spotify Connect: Yes
- Certification (AMX/Crestron/Control 4): Yes
- Assignable Component Video In: Yes
- Auto Standby: Yes
- Digital Input Assign: Component/Optical/Coax
- Display: 10-digit, dot matrix
- Easy Automation: Yes, Custom Preset Input Assign: Optical/Coax
- GUI: Yes w/GUI Blending
- GUI Language: English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese
- Pin Jack: Nickel
- Power Consumption: 240W
- Power Consumption (Power Stand By): 0.3W
- Power Requirement: 120 V 60 Hz
- Sleep Timer: Up to 2 hours
- Update Capability: Internet and USB
- iPod Browsing with System (via USB): Supports music on: iPhone 5s iPhone 5c iPhone 5 iPhone 4S iPhone 4 iPhone 3GS iPhone 3G iPod classic iPod Touch (5th, 4th, and 3rd gen.) iPod (2nd gen.) iPod nano (7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, and 3rd gen.).
- Analog Audio In: 4 (not including AV in) Sensitivity: 500 mV/50 kilohms S/N3): 105 dB (A, 500 mV4))
- Coaxial: 1 Digital (Coaxial) Impedance: 75 ohms S/N: 100 dB (A, 20 kHz LPF)
- Optical In: 2 Digital (Optical) S/N: 100 dB (A, 20 kHz LPF)
- Headphone Out: Yes (Gold)
- Pre Out (Subwoofer): 2 Subwoofer Voltage: 2 V/1 kilohm
Other Inputs and Outputs
- Bluetooth: Yes (Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR Profile: A2DP, AVRCP Ver1.3 Codec: SBC/aptX/AAC) with NFC
- Ethernet (Switching HUB): 1
- USB: 2 supporting: MP3, AAC/HE, WMA, LPCM, FLAC, Dolby Digital, DSF, DSDIFF, AIFF, and ALAC
- Center: Yes
- Center (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Center Speaker Lift Up: Yes
- Front (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Front A (L/R): Yes
- Front B (L/R): Yes (Common with Surround Back)
- Front High (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Front High (L/R): Yes (Common with Surround Back)
- Surround (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Surround (L/R): Yes
- Surround Back (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Surround Back (L/R): Yes
- AV In: Including Front AV: 2
- HDMI In: 5 (1 rear w/ HDCP 2.2 support)
- Composite Video Out: Inc. Monitor Out: 1 Composite Video: 1 Vp-p, 75 ohms
- HDMI Out: 1
- Wireless: Yes
A/V Sync Features
- A/V SYNC: Variable
- A/V Sync Sampling Frequency: 192 kHz
- A/V Sync Time (msec): 0-300 msec
- A/V Sync auto mode: Yes
- 3D over HDMI: Yes
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Audio Widget: Yes
- BRAVIA SYNC (CEC Control): One-Touch Play, System Audio Control, System Power Off
- DSD: Yes (HDMI / DLNA / USB Mass Storage)
- HDMI Version: 2.0
- HDMI video output capability: 4K/60p, 1080p, 1080/24p Deep Color (up to 36 bit), TRILUMINOS Color (xvYCC)
- Power Off Pass Through: Yes
- S-Select: Yes
Weight and Measurements
- Carton Dimensions (WxHxD mm): 498 x 227 x 398 mm 19.6 x 8.9 x 15.7 inches
- Carton Weight (kg): 11 kgs. (24 lbs.)
- Receiver Dimension (WxHxD inches): 430 x 156 x 329.3 mm 17 x 6 1/4 x 13 inches
- Receiver Weight (pound): 8.3 kgs. (17 lbs. 11 oz.)
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- Remote Control (1)
- R03 (Size AAA batteries) (2)
- Optimizer Microphone (1)
- FM Wire Antenna (1)
- Quick Start Guide (1)
- Reference Guide (1)
- Software Update Guide (1)