- LDAC-enabled Bluetooth for true high-res audio
- Fully wifi enabled, along with Google Cast and Spotify app
- Dual passive radiators for unprecedented bass
- HDMI connection for your TV and
- Near-Field Connectivity (NFC) connection with Android devices
- DSEE HX and ClearAudio+ restores compressed audio
- SongPal app enabled for home music management
16.94” W x 5.29” H x 4.94” D
- Weight: 10.4 lbs
- Warranty: 1-year limited
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The Modern Hifi Speaker
Need a speaker you can quickly and easily connect all your devices to, wirelessly? In the market for a Bluetooth speaker? Take a look at our Sony SRS-X99 Premium Hi-Res Bluetooth Speaker. The absolute best in Sony’s SRSX wireless speaker line, this beauty comes with the perfect comes with the perfect balance of superior audio engineering and Sony’s amazing sound technology.
Driving Hi-Res Audio
The part of the speaker that makes sound is called a driver. Every speaker -- the speakers in your headphones, your earbuds, and your favorite devices -- is equipped with these. Most speakers use full-range drivers, but these tend to muddy subtle, complex, and layered sounds. True high-fidelity speakers, like the SRS-X99, make up for this by using three different types of drivers for specific kinds of sounds: tweeters for high ranges, squawkers for the middle ranges, and woofers for bass.
Looking for crisp, clear highs? With four ¾” tweeters, the SRS-X99 won’t disappoint. Plus, with half of them front-firing and half of them top-firing, your trebles are truly two-way. It’s also augmented with a pair of front-loaded 2” squawkers to cover your midrange with that richly mellifluous Sony sound.
Small Footprint, Big Bass
The heart of the SRS-X99 system, however, is the 3¾” woofer, mounted front and center. Coupled to a passive radiator on either side, this is a bass response that rocks -- powerful, thumping, and subtle. The SRS-X99 is widely regarded as one of the best Bluetooth speakers on the market, and when you start out with superior drivers, it’s not hard to see why.
Better Bluetooth, Better Sound
With Near-Field Connectivity (NFC), listening to your speaker is easier than ever -- just hold your device’s NFC logo next to the speaker’s to directly connect effortlessly, wirelessly. Plus, listen to even your high-resolution audio library via Bluetooth, with Sony’s LDAC transmission technology -- it transmits three times more data in the signal than does a standard Bluetooth connection.
All Your Music in Hi-Res
Enrich your current audio library with the Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE HX). It takes even compressed audio files, such as your MP3 library, and upscales them to match your high-resolution audio library’s quality. And with ClearAudio+, the SRS-X99 will always select the best sound settings for listening to any given track.
Wireless in Google Style
Not content with your Bluetooth system? Have too many cross-interfering Bluetooth feeds in your home? Problem solved! With its built-in GoogleCast, you can automatically stream from your favorite Google-enabled device -- your smartphone, tablet, Chromebook, and so on -- to the SRS-X99. It works perfectly every time.
Not Just a Wireless Speaker
Can’t connect your device wirelessly? No problem! With its built in USB Types A and B ports, this speaker will take sound signal from just about any device. It even has an HDMI port for connecting your high-definition equipment -- such as your HDTV or PS3 -- to this beauty.
Your Sony SongPal
Take control of your music with SongPal. With this app, specially designed by Sony labs, unify your entire music library in your own personal cloud. Run your PC’s MP3s on your phone, or your phone’s Pandora stream on your tablet. Plus, link all your Sony speakers on SongPal -- and enjoy the sensation of your music following you from room to room.
- Antenna System : Retracting WiFi Antenna
- Frequency Response : 45-40,000 Hz
- Total (Reference) : Super Tweeter (Top): 2W x 2 (at less than 10% harmonic distortion, 20 kHz) Super Tweeter (Front): 25W x 2 (at less than 10% harmonic distortion, 10 kHz) Full-range speaker: 25W x 2 (at less than 10% harmonic distortion, 1 kHz) Subwoofer: 25W (at less than 10% harmonic distortion, 100 kHz)
- Power On/Off : LED Operating Indicator
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s) : USB-A/USB-B 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX (auto polarity)
- Audio In : Audio In jack (3.5 mm stereo minijack)
- Power Requirements : AC 120 V, 60 Hz power supply
- Power Consumption (in Standby) : Less than 0.5 W Less than 6 W (during Bluetooth or Network standby)
- Power Consumption : 50 W
- Power Back-up : USB DC Out for charging smartphones (5 V, Max 2.1 A)
- Sound Enhancer : DSEE, ClearAudio+, and EQ via SongPAL App
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : Approximately 16.9 inches x 5.23 inches x 4.9 inches (430 mm x 133 mm x 125 mm (w/h/d))
- Weight (Approx.) : Approximately 10.4 lb. (4.6 kg)
- Ethernet Protocol : IEEE 802.3
- Bluetooth Technology : Bluetooth Ver 3.0 Profile Support: A2DP, AVRCP CODEC support: SBC, AAC, LDAC
- Wi-Fi : IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Security : WEP 64-bit, WEP 128-bit, WPA/WPA2-PSK (AES), WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP)
- NFC : One-touch Listening with NFC (Near Field Communications)
- Wi-Fi Compatibility : DLNA, AirPlay