Sony PS-HX500 Digital USB Turntable with High-Resolution Recording Overview
The Sony PS-HX500 Digital USB Turntable with High-Resolution Recording is your next go-to device for playing records as well as converting songs into portable, high-resolution audio that can go anywhere with you. Get ready to discover ultra-high quality analog sound while listening or connect the turntable to your PC to easily convert the music for an on-the-go listening experience on compatible high-resolution audio devices. Discover all the fine audio details and sounds of your favorite vinyl records thanks to cutting-edge audio technologies that provide optimal analog playback. Create your own analog works with Hi-Res audio up to direct stream digital (DSD) quality. Simply connect the PS-HX500 Digital USB Turntable to your PC via USB, play a record and digitally archive the music from your favorite vinyl recordings in high-resolution.
- Semi-automatic operation capacity
- Two operating speeds: 33 1/3 RMP and 45 RMP
- Black 5g MM cartridge
- Built-in phono EQ supports both phono and line output
- Internal A/D converter and USB output
- High-resolution audio technology for optimal analog sound
- Features a new tonearm design for improved durability and stability
- High-quality aluminum die cast platter for strength and mass
- Stable belt drive system to achieve a natural sound reproduction
- Durable 0.2" rubber mat minimizes unnecessary resonance
- Turntable features an acoustic-grade cabinet design for best-in-class sound reproduction
- Product Dimensions: 16.92" W x 4.09" H x 14.4 D
- Product Weight: 11.9 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Sony PS-HX500 Digital USB Turntable Specifications:
- ARM Pipe Material: Aluminum Alloy Component
- Arm shape: Straight ARM
- Cartridge Type: MM
- Cartridge body color: Black
- Cartridge weight: 5 g
- Head Shell Material: Aluminum Diecast Alloy Component
- Tracking Force: 3 g
- Earth Terminal: Yes
- Line Out (PHONO EQ): Yes
- Line Out Level: 190mV at 1KHz
- Phono Output: Yes
- Phono Output Level: 3mV (at1kHz)
- RCA Terminal or Cables: RCA Terminal (Gold)
- Drive system: Belt Drive
- Motor: DC motor
- Wow and flutter: 0.25% or less
- AC Adaptor: Yes
- Power Consumption: 3W
- Power Efficiency: Class 6
- Power Requirement: AC100-240V 50/60Hz
- System Update (Internet/USB/PC): PC
- USB Speed: USB2.0
- USB connector: B type
- Platter: φ296 mm, Aluminum Diecast Alloy Component
- Speed: 33 1/3 r/min, 45 r/min
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): Unit: 16 7/8 x 4 1/8 x 14 3/8" (430 x 104 x 366 mm) (W x H x D) Carton: 20 3/64 x 7 9/16 x 16 57/64" (509 x 192 x 429) (W x H x D)
- Weight (Approx.): Unit: 11.9 lbs. (5.4 kg) Carton weight: 15.4 lbs. (7 kg)
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- Adapter for 45 rpm.
- USB cable (6.56 ft)
- Phone Cables (4.92 ft, Red/White with Earth Lug terminal)
Customer Reviews for Sony PS-HX500 Digital USB Turntable With High-Resolution Recording
If anyone is getting "sub par" performance of the turntable, either they aren't adjusting the arm to the correct pressure or they need some better cans (headphones for you non audiophile folk) to listen to. Make sure you set the weight to 3 if overall sound listening (2.5 for Bass or electronic type music, 3.5-4 for critical listening with Jazz or Classical). Make sure the vinyl is cleaned properly as well.
The turntable has a good warmth to it, Dylan's Blonde on Blonde really comes through as does Alan Parson's IRobot. However, for John Coltrane's A Love Supreme, I had to move my stylus pressure to 4...then OMG sweet sounds. I would think a better stylus would remedy that, but I'm just being nit picky at this point.
Recording is very easy with the software download. Make sure you adjust your settings depending on the type of Genre you are recording. 16bit, 48k is fine for most things in PCM. However, for Jazz, Classical or really good albums, you may want to use either DSD or 24bit/96k. The Rolling Stones song Angie from Goats Head Soup really sounds GREAT in the higher format. (You can actually hear the strings reverb on the digital recording, you can't hear this on native CD format and only on Vinyl usually).
Well done Sony! Well done indeed!