Questions? We're here to help.
Meet the turntable that plays records and lets you convert tracks to portable, Hi-Res Audio for the authentic sound of vinyl that goes with you. Sit back and enjoy superior quality analog sound or plug it into your PC to digitally capture the music at its best for personal listening on compatible Hi-Res Audio players. It’s vinyl reborn.
Sony PS-HX500 Digital USB Turntable Features:
The Way The Artists Truly Intended
- Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.
Turntable for playing vinyl and recording in High-Resolution
- Breathe new life into analog masterpieces with DSD. Just hook up the PS-HX500 turntable to your PC via USB, play a record, and capture every aspect of the vinyl with DSD 5.6 MHz native conversion. Convert your precious vinyl collection into High-Resolution Audio, take it out for a walk with your Walkman®, or just sit back and enjoy playing your vinyl originals.
USB Digital Output
- Connect the turntable to a PC to rip your favorite tracks to music files.
Built-in Phono EQ
- Supports both phono and line output so you can play through integrated amp or external phono EQ.
Convert your records to high quality digital music files
- The PS-HX500 is equipped with a high-quality A/D converter. So just connect it to your PC with a USB cable and record your vinyl as High-Resolution Audio tracks. This is a great way to backup your precious vinyl collection, or even take tracks outdoors with you on your Walkman®.
The goodness of vinyl, without the bulk
- The authentic sound of vinyl, with all its warmth and smoothness, can be enjoyed anytime and anywhere with digital convenience—at home, outdoors, and in your car.
DSD files you’ve ripped can be transferred to…
- Compatible Walkman® to be enjoyed outdoors. Carry that authentic analog sound with you anytime, anywhere.
- A USB memory device. Just plug it into your car audio system and listen to your vinyl favorites on the road.
- An HDD player. Enjoy the sound of vinyls at home with convenient access and less bulk.
Advanced features do the heavy lifting
- Simply connect the PS-HX500 to a PC’s USB port and convert your vinyl tracks into high quality digital ones. The supplied PC application lets you rip, edit and store tracks from your vinyl records.
DSD Native AD converter
- The internal A/D converter supports native conversion from analog to DSD 2.8 MHz or 5.6 MHz digital.
"Hi-Res Audio Recorder" free app for PC
- Editing app for Windows and Mac OS X® lets you easily cut unwanted parts of the recording and split tracks.
Integrate it into your high-quality audio system
- Connecting the PS-HX500 with a high-quality audio component system enables you to enjoy all your vinyl with all the raw realism they can offer.
Newly designed integrated shell type straight tonearm
- The integrated shell improves durability and stabilizes the cartridge for superior focusing and dimensionality of sound, while its lightweight structure improves traceability.
Turntable—stability in motion
- The turntable uses the latest techniques to deliver extremely stable rotation for optimal and natural delivery of your music.
- Highly stable belt drive system - The optimized spindle-bearing construction stabilizes the belt drive to achieve natural sound reproduction.
- High quality 0.20-inch rubber mat - Excellent adherence to the record’s surface minimizes unnecessary resonance for clean sound
- Aluminum die cast platter - The high-inertia aluminum die cast platter offers superb balance between strength and mass.
Acoustic-grade MDF cabinet
- The 1.18-inch thick MDF cabinet has excellent sonic characteristics for accurate soundstage reproduction.
- Thoroughly insulated including rubber dampers to eliminate vibration from racks and other peripherals.
Glass epoxy circuit board
- Using glass epoxy resin for the circuit board helps to provide better sound quality and stability.
Sony PS-HX500 Digital USB Turntable Specifications:
- ARM Pipe Material: Aluminum Alloy Component
- Arm shape: Straight ARM
- Cartridge Type: MM
- Cartridge body color: Black
- Cartridge weight: 5 g
- Head Shell Material: Aluminum Diecast Alloy Component
- Tracking Force: 3 g
- Earth Terminal: Yes
- Line Out (PHONO EQ): Yes
- Line Out Level: 190mV at 1KHz
- Phono Output: Yes
- Phono Output Level: 3mV (at1kHz)
- RCA Terminal or Cables: RCA Terminal (Gold)
- Drive system: Belt Drive
- Motor: DC motor
- Wow and flutter: 0.25% or less
- AC Adaptor: Yes
- Power Consumption: 3W
- Power Efficiency: Class 6
- Power Requirement: AC100-240V 50/60Hz
- System Update (Internet/USB/PC): PC
- USB Speed: USB2.0
- USB connector: B type
- Platter: φ296 mm, Aluminum Diecast Alloy Component
- Speed: 33 1/3 r/min, 45 r/min
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): Unit: 16 7/8 x 4 1/8 x 14 3/8" (430 x 104 x 366 mm) (W x H x D) Carton: 20 3/64 x 7 9/16 x 16 57/64" (509 x 192 x 429) (W x H x D)
- Weight (Approx.): Unit: 11.9 lbs. (5.4 kg) Carton weight: 15.4 lbs. (7 kg)
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- Adapter for 45 rpm.
- USB cable (6.56 ft)
- Phone Cables (4.92 ft, Red/White with Earth Lug terminal)