- 64GB Hi-Res Walkman Portable Music Player
- Supports Hi-Res audio playback of: WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, and more
- Up to 50 hours MP3 playback and 30-hours Hi-Res playback
- Stream music wirelessly with Bluetooth & NFC connections
- Compact, slim design with microSD slot for up to 192GB memory
- Built-in FM tuner
- USB 2.0 input port
- Minijack output port
- Dimensions: 1.75” x 4.36” x 0.36”
- Weight: 2.4 oz
- Warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- World Wide Stereo’s 60-day guarantee and expert product support
This Isn't Your Dad's Walkman
Ready to kick your portable music player game up a notch? Our Sony NWZ-A17 64 GB Hi-Res Walkman with Bluetooth is just what you’re looking for. With three decades of digital music playback experience behind it, this is Sony’s best Walkman yet. Play hi-res tracks the way the artist intended. Plus, with Bluetooth, connect to everything wirelessly.
Great Sound + Big Time Storage
Put studio-quality sound in your pocket, no matter where you go. With 50 hours of music playback on a single charge, 64 gigs of onboard memory storage, and a microSD memory slot, the NWZ-A17 sets a new benchmark in both sound and style. Truly, by packing audiophile-level performance into a handheld player, it redefines what the Walkman is capable of.
Sony ES Performance
Ever thought you could hold Sony’s ES-quality circuitry in your hand? Now you can. Get more out of your sound, courtesy a die-cast aluminum frame coddling a low-impedance circuit board. Plus, it handles just about every file format on the planet. Treat your ears to the kind of deep, rich, and powerful sound only a Sony digital music player can deliver.
Make All Your Music Hi-Res
Hear the difference Sony’s Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) makes. Turn your MP3s into high-resolution tunes with the ability to restore high-frequency signals stripped by audio compression and accurate real-time audio bit-depth signal expansion. Plus, with the S-Master HX digital amplification, experience high-resolution audio playback with detailed, faithful wide-frequency audio production.
A Battery that Lasts and Lasts
Experience truly exceptional battery life. The NWZ-A17’s built-in lithium-ion battery provides up to 50 hours of audio playback on standard MP3s, and 30 hours on high-resolution files per charge. Only a Sony Walkman can accompany you on even the longest car rides without tapping out once!
Easy Bluetooth Setup
Stream wirelessly to any Bluetooth speaker or headphone. It’s a cinch with Sony’s Near-Field Connectivity (NFC) technology. Just tap the NWZ-A17’s NFC logo onto your favorite Bluetooth devices and enjoy effortless wireless streaming.
Expansive Memory Space
Shuffle on. The NWZ-A17 can hold about 200 hi-res tracks in its 64 GB internal memory. Plus, with that microSD slot, serious audiophiles can add another 400 tracks on the card. Get lost in a world of tunes you know by heart -- that won’t repeat.
Supports Any File Under the Sun
Enjoy the freedom of not being bound to any music service. Drag and drop your iTunes tracks on Windows or Mac and enjoy. Plus, play MP3, WMA, AAC, and L-PCM files to your heart’s content. Never worry about your music tracks not being supported by your NWZ-A17 -- now, that’s freedom.
Easily navigate your tracks with a gorgeous 2.25” anti-reflective display. Album art, photos, and even videos shine in the clarity of Sony-quality LCD. Plus, make searching for the right song a breeze with multi-function directional keys. Don’t fumble through your music -- listen to it!
- Audio Modes : ClearAudio+/DSEE HX/5-band EQ/VPT/Dynamic Normalizer/DPC
- Station Preset(s) : Up to 30
- Audio Power Output : 10 + 10 mW
- Tuner : FM Tuner
- Tuner Frequency Range : 87.5 - 108.0 mHz
- Frequency Response : 20 to 40,000 Hz (when playing data file, single signal measurement)
- Audio Format(s) Supported :
- MP3: 32-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- WMA: 32-192 kbps (incl. VBR) at 44.1 kHz
- FLAC: at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- L-PCM: at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AAC: 16-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- HE-AAC: 32-144 kbps at 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- ALAC: 16-24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AIFF: 16-24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- Play Mode : Normal / Repeat / Shuffle / Shuffle & Repeat / Repeat 1 Song / SensMe channels
Bluetooth Feature & Device Bluetooth Audio
- Audio Codec : SBC, aptX codecs
- Color : Silver
- Display Technology : TFT display with white-LED backlight
- Screen Size : 2.2 inch (5.6 cm) QVGA (320x240 pixels) 262,144 colors
- Backlit Color : White
- Music Storage Capacity (Approx.) : 64 GB (expandable via optional microSD to 192 GB)
- Display : 2.2 in. QVGA TFT display (320 x 240 pixels) 262,144 colors
- System Requirements : IBM PC/AT compatible computer preinstalled with the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Not supported by OSs other than above.
- CPU: 1 GHz processor (2.6 GHz recommended for video playback)
- RAM: 1 GB or more (2 GB RAM required for Windows 8 64-bit)
- Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive: 600 MB or more of available space
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection (for Gracenote MusicID service, podcast features, Store access, or online help).
- We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the above System Requirements.
- Not supported by the following environments
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environment
- Interface : Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant)
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s) : WM-Port (22 pin)
- USB Port(s) : High-speed USB 2.0 compliant
- Headphone Output : Stereo mini-jack
- User Memory Capacity (Approx.) : microSD (up to 2 GB) microSDHC (up to 32 GB) microSDXC (64 GB and more up to 128 GB)
- Memory Size : 64 GB
- Power Type : Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (weight 20 g separately)
- Battery Life (Approx) :
- MP3 @ 128 kbps = 50 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 23 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON);
- Linear PCM @ 1411 kbps = 51 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 23 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON);
- FLAC @ 96 kHz/24 bit = 40 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 16 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON);
- FLAC @ 192 kHz/24 bit = 30 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 11 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON);
- MPEG-4 @ 384 kbps = 14 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 10 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON);
- Radio = Approx. 22 Hrs.
- Battery Indicator : LED Battery Life Indicator (Green/Orange/Red)
- Battery Charging (Approx.) : USB-based: 4 Hrs (full charge)
- Battery Capacity : 960 mA/h
- Output Power : 10 + 10 mW
- Recharging Time : Approx. 4 hours
- Video Format(s) Supported :
- AVCHD: 10 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- MPEG4: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- WMV9: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- JPEG Playback : JPG: Max image size 4,096 x 4,096 pixels
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 44.4 x 109.1 x 9.1 mm (1-3/4 X 4-3/8 x 3/8 in)
- Weight (Approx.) : 66 g (2.4 oz)
- Frequency Band : Bluetooth spec 2.1 + EDR 2.4 GHz band (2.4000 GHz-2.4835 GHz)
- Modulation Method : FHSS
- Maximum Range : Line of sight approx. 30 ft (10 m)