Powerful, Hi-Res audio playback meets flexible memory capacity (up to 192GB), ultra-long 50-hour (MP3) battery life, an intuitive user-interface, and cordless Bluetooth® audio streaming convenience for a powerful personal audio experience that will breathe new life into your favorite digital music tracks.
- 64GB Hi-Res Walkman Portable Music Player
- Supports Hi-Res audio playback of: WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, and more
- Up to 50 hours MP3 playback and 30-hours Hi-Res playback
- Stream music wirelessly with Bluetooth & NFC connections
- Compact, slim design with microSD slot for up to 192GB memory
- Packing audiophile performance into a pocket-sized player, the A17 Hi-Res Audio Digital Music Player sets an exciting new benchmark in sound and style. And with 64 GB of built-in memory, microSD memory card slot, and up to 50-hours of music playback on a single charge, you've got studio quality sound in your pocket wherever you go.
Treat your ears!
- Capable of handling a variety of digital audio formats, ranging from standard CD-ripped tunes, to 192kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio, the A17 delivers sound that is up to 6-times the resolution when compared to a standard CD, providing support MP3, WMA, WMA lossless, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, and ALAC, for a sublime audio experience.
- An aluminum die-cast frame and redesigned circuitry form the core of the NWZ-A17SLV. Borrowing a few tricks from our accomplished ES home audio lineup, the low-impedance circuit board using Sony high-purity lead-free solder ensures efficient, spacious, and natural sound.
Two features driving quality sound
- S-Master HX digital amplification, uniquely developed for high resolution audio playback, delivers faithful, detailed wide-frequency audio reproduction. DSEE HX works in two ways to delivers natural, spacious sound. First, it restores the high frequency signals stripped by the audio compression process. Second, it can accurately expand audio signal bit-depth, in real-time, to near hi-resolution sound quality.
Exceptional battery life
- A built-in lithium ion battery paired with thick, low-resistance cable ensures that power is on-tap for demanding musical passages while aslo providing up to 50 hours of audio playback (MP3)/ up to 30 hours (Hi-Res) per charge.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
- Communications (NFC) technology. And with built-in AAC and aptX codec support, you will enjoy maximized signal quality when streaming your music wirelessly.
Room for your tunes!
- With 64 GB of internal memory, the A17 has enough storage for about 200 high-resolution tracks, but thanks to the built-in memory card slot, serious users with large music collections can add an additional 128GB, bringing the total memory capacity up to 192 GB, or enough storage for about 600 high-resolution tracks.
Drag and Drop
- With a Walkman player, you are never tied to just one music service. Just drag and drop files from iTunes for Mac or Windows and enjoy. Multi-format playback also lets you play MP3, WMA, AAC or L-PCM music files; now that’s freedom.
Easily Navigate Your Tracks
- While the 2.25” QVGA anti-reflective TFT LCD display reveals album artwork, photos, and even videos in rich, clear brilliance, the multi-function directional keys makes searching for the right song a breeze. Spend more time listening than fumbling through your music.
- Audio Modes : ClearAudio+/DSEE HX/5-band EQ/VPT/Dynamic Normalizer/DPC
- Station Preset(s) : Up to 30
- Audio Power Output : 10 + 10 mW
- Tuner : FM Tuner
- Tuner Frequency Range : 87.5 - 108.0 mHz
- Frequency Response : 20 to 40,000 Hz (when playing data file, single signal measurement)
- Audio Format(s) Supported :
- MP3: 32-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- WMA: 32-192 kbps (incl. VBR) at 44.1 kHz
- FLAC: at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- L-PCM: at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AAC: 16-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- HE-AAC: 32-144 kbps at 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- ALAC: 16-24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AIFF: 16-24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- Play Mode : Normal / Repeat / Shuffle / Shuffle & Repeat / Repeat 1 Song / SensMe channels
Bluetooth Feature & Device Bluetooth Audio
- Audio Codec : SBC, aptX codecs
- Color : Silver
- Display Technology : TFT display with white-LED backlight
- Screen Size : 2.2 inch (5.6 cm) QVGA (320x240 pixels) 262,144 colors
- Backlit Color : White
- Music Storage Capacity (Approx.) : 64 GB (expandable via optional microSD to 192 GB)
- Display : 2.2 in. QVGA TFT display (320 x 240 pixels) 262,144 colors
- System Requirements : IBM PC/AT compatible computer preinstalled with the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Not supported by OSs other than above.
- CPU: 1 GHz processor (2.6 GHz recommended for video playback)
- RAM: 1 GB or more (2 GB RAM required for Windows 8 64-bit)
- Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive: 600 MB or more of available space
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection (for Gracenote MusicID service, podcast features, Store access, or online help).
- We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the above System Requirements.
- Not supported by the following environments
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environment
- Interface : Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant)
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s) : WM-Port (22 pin)
- USB Port(s) : High-speed USB 2.0 compliant
- Headphone Output : Stereo mini-jack
- User Memory Capacity (Approx.) : microSD (up to 2 GB) microSDHC (up to 32 GB) microSDXC (64 GB and more up to 128 GB)
- Memory Size : 64 GB
- Power Type : Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (weight 20 g separately)
- Battery Life (Approx) :
- MP3 @ 128 kbps = 50 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 23 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON);
- Linear PCM @ 1411 kbps = 51 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 23 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON);
- FLAC @ 96 kHz/24 bit = 40 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 16 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON);
- FLAC @ 192 kHz/24 bit = 30 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 11 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON);
- MPEG-4 @ 384 kbps = 14 Hrs. (Bluetooth OFF), 10 Hrs. (Bluetooth ON);
- Radio = Approx. 22 Hrs.
- Battery Indicator : LED Battery Life Indicator (Green/Orange/Red)
- Battery Charging (Approx.) : USB-based: 4 Hrs (full charge)
- Battery Capacity : 960 mA/h
- Output Power : 10 + 10 mW
- Recharging Time : Approx. 4 hours
- Video Format(s) Supported :
- AVCHD: 10 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- MPEG4: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- WMV9: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- JPEG Playback : JPG: Max image size 4,096 x 4,096 pixels
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 44.4 x 109.1 x 9.1 mm (1-3/4 X 4-3/8 x 3/8 in)
- Weight (Approx.) : 66 g (2.4 oz)
- Frequency Band : Bluetooth spec 2.1 + EDR 2.4 GHz band (2.4000 GHz-2.4835 GHz)
- Modulation Method : FHSS
- Maximum Range : Line of sight approx. 30 ft (10 m)