The NW-ZX2 Isn't Your Daddy's Walkman
- 128GB Hi-Res Walkman Portable Music Player
- Included noise-canceling in-ear headphones
- Supports Hi-Res audio playback of: WAV, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, and more
- Up to 60 hours of music playback (33 with hi-res files)
- Stream music wirelessly with Bluetooth & NFC connections
- Full wifi functionality
- Stream music and use your favorite apps with Android
- Compact, slim design with microSD slot for up to 192GB memory
- Built-in FM tuner
- USB 2.0 input port
- Minijack output port
- Dimensions: 2.63” x 5.25” x 0.66”
- Weight: 8.3 oz
- Warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Not Your Daddy's Walkman
Ready to upgrade your digital music experience to another level? Look no further than our Sony Walkman NW-ZX2 128 GB Hi-Res Digital Music Player. With three decades of experience in audio engineering, Sony has made the best Walkman ever. Stream on -- and on -- with its incredible 128 gigs of memory and 60 hours of battery life. Plus, stream all of your favorite apps with full wifi functionality and onboard Android system. Lose yourself in the music with its included noise-cancelling in-ear headphones.
Portable Tech, Redefined
Put studio-quality sound in your pocket, no matter where you go. With 60 hours of music playback on a single charge, 128 gigs of onboard memory storage, and a microSD memory slot, the NW-ZX2 sets a new benchmark in both sound and style. Packing audiophile-level performance into a handheld player, it redefines what the Walkman is capable of.
Great Sound Performance
Ever thought you could hold Sony’s ES-quality circuitry in your hand? Now you can. Get more out of your sound, courtesy of a die-cast aluminum frame coddling a low-impedance circuit board. Plus, it handles just about every file format on the planet. Treat your ears to the kind of deep, rich, and powerful sound only Sony can deliver.
Make All Your Music Hi-Res
Hear the difference Sony’s Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) makes. Allow the NW-ZX2 to turn your MP3s into high-resolution tunes with its ability to restore high-frequency signals stripped by audio compression and accurate real-time audio bit-depth signal expansion. Plus, with the S-Master HX digital amplification, experience high-resolution audio playback with detailed, faithful wide-frequency audio production.
Battery That Lasts and Lasts
Experience truly exceptional battery life. The NW-ZX2’s built-in lithium-ion battery provides up to 70 hours of audio playback on standard MP3s, and 33 hours of high-resolution files per charge.
Easy Bluetooth Connectivity
Stream wirelessly to any Bluetooth speaker or headphone. It’s a cinch with Sony’s Near-Field Connectivity (NFC) technology. Just tap the NW-ZX2’s NFC logo onto your favorite Bluetooth devices and enjoy effortless wireless streaming -- all at higher resolution and fidelity than ever before, thanks to its built-in LDAC technology. Only a Sony Bluetooth Walkman can give you this type of versatility!
Expansive Memory Space
Shuffle on. The NW-ZX2 can hold about 2700 hi-res tracks in its 128 GB internal memory. Plus, with that microSD slot, serious audiophiles can add another 400 tracks on the card. Get lost in a world of tunes you know by heart -- that won’t repeat.
Supports Any File Under the Sun
Enjoy the freedom of not being bound to any music service. Drag and drop your iTunes tracks on Windows or Mac and enjoy. Plus, play MP3, WMA, AAC, and L-PCM files to your heart’s content. Never worry about your music tracks not being supported by your NW-ZX2 -- now, that’s freedom.
Your Own Miniature Tablet
Enjoy a truly customizable Android interface. Not only does the NW-ZX2 have a stunning LCD screen for album art and videos, and easy forward, back, shuffle, and playback functionality, but connect to the Google Play store to install apps for streaming your favorite music services, like Spotify, Pandora, and Youtube, or checking your email or anything else you want. Connect to Wifi and enjoy a your own miniaturized tablet.
- Audio Power Output : 15 + 15 mW
- Frequency Response : 20 to 40,000 Hz (when playing data file, single signal measurement)
- Audio Format(s) Supported :
- MP3: 32-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- WMA: 5-384 kbps (incl. VBR) at 8-48 kHz
- FLAC: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- L-PCM: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AAC: 16-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- HE-AAC: 32-144 kbps at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- ALAC: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AIFF: 16/24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- DSD: 1-bit at 2.8224 or 5.6448 Mhz
- Sound Mode : ClearAudio+ (On/Off); Equalizer; Clear Bass; Surround Sound; DSEE HX (On/Off); Dynamixc Normalizer (On/Off)
- Play Mode : Normal / Repeat / Shuffle / Shuffle & Repeat / Repeat 1 Song / SensMe channels
Bluetooth Feature & Device Bluetooth Audio
- Audio Codec : LDAC and SBC codecs
- Display Technology : TFT display with white-LED backlight
- Screen Size : 4.0 inch (10.2 cm) FWVGA (854x480 pixels)
- Color : Black
- Music Storage Capacity (Approx.) : 128 GB (expandable via optional microSD)
- Display : 4.0 in. FWVGA TFT display (854 x 480 pixels)
- System Requirements : IBM PC/AT compatible computer preinstalled with the following Windows operating systems:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environment
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Not supported by OSs other than above.
- CPU: 1 GHz processor (2.6 GHz recommended for video playback)
- RAM: 1 GB or more (2 GB RAM required for Windows 8 64-bit)
- Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive: 600 MB or more of available space
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection (for Gracenote MusicID service, podcast features, Store access, or online help).
- We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the above System Requirements.
- Not supported by the following environments
- Interface : Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant)
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s) : WM-Port (22 pin)
- USB Port(s) : High-speed USB 2.0 compliant
- Headphone Output : Stereo mini-jack
- User Memory Capacity (Approx.) : microSD (up to 2 GB) microSDHC (up to 32 GB) microSDXC (64 GB and more)
- Memory Size : 128 GB, Actual available memory for media contents 113 GB (121,269,354,496 bytes)
- Power Type : Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Battery Life (Approx.) :
- MP3 @ 128 kbps = 60 Hrs.;
- Linear PCM @ 1411 kbps = 61 Hrs.;
- FLAC @ 96 kHz/24 bit = 43 Hrs. ;
- FLAC @ 192 kHz/24 bit = 33 Hrs. ;
- DSD @ 2.8224 Mhz/1 bit - 22 Hrs.;
- DSD @ 5.6448 Mhz/1 bit - 16 Hrs.;
- MPEG-4 @ 384 kbps = 9 Hrs.
- Battery Indicator : LED Battery Life Indicator (Green/Orange/Red)
- Battery Charging (Approx.) : USB-based: 4.5 Hrs (full charge)
- Video Format(s) Supported :
- AVCHD: 10 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- MPEG4: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- WMV9: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- JPEG Playback : JPG: Max. image size 6,048 x 4,032 pixels PNG: Max. Image size 2,048 x 2,048 pixels
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 64.7 x 130.4 x 16.2 mm (2 5/8 x 5 1/4 x 21/32 in) Projecting parts not included. 65.1 x 131.2 x 18.5 mm (2 5/8 x 5 1/4 x 3/4 in)
- Weight (Approx.) : 235 g (8.3 oz)
- Frequency Band : Bluetooth spec 3.0 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- Maximum Range : Line of sight approx.30 ft (10 m)
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- Quick Start Guide
- User Guide
- USB Cable (1)
- Leather Case (1)
- Spacer (1)
The advised BEST!
After numerous purchases and returns of the very best and expensive media players this is so far from what was heard from all the others.|The much less expensive Walkman was good - but had to have more.|The Astell-Kerns 240 was good but heavy and no where near what this Walkman can produce.|The Cowan was actually quite acceptable but it also just didn't quite satisfy.|Then the NW-ZX2 finally was