- Keep the tunes playing for anywhere between 33-60 hours on a single charge
- Listen wirelessly with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth streaming
- Control your music and more with the LCD touchscreen and Android OS
- Re-imagine your favorite track's soundstage with Sony's DSEE HX upscaling
The all-new ZX2 Walkman® digital music player delivers impressive, on the go audio performance. Start with a precision, gold-plated, copper chassis and add high-power circuitry paired to a S-Master® HX digital amplifier and high-output battery, and you can count on sweet, soothing, and natural sound.
- 128GBWalkman Hi-Res Audio Digital Music Player
- Compatible with DSD, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, WMA and more
- Enjoy up to 60-hours MP3, and 33-hours Hi-Res playback on a single charge
- Bluetooth with LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming
- Built-in, dual-band Wi-Fi, allows users to enjoy music stored on other DLNA enabled devices
- The all-new ZX2 Walkman delivers impressive, on the go audio performance. Start with a precision, gold-plated, copper chassis, add high-power circuitry paired with an S-Master HX digital amplifier and high-output battery, and you can count on sweet, soothing, natural sound.
- Begin with a highly-efficient and rigid gold-plated, copper chassis. Add a sophisticated DAC and robust S-Master HX digital amplifier. Finish it off with Google Android OS, a vivid touchscreen LCD, and a solid aluminum chassis. It all adds up to sweet, soothing, and natural sound that will take you back…
Elements to awaken every note
- Inside the ZX2, it’s all about the details. A high-efficiency, thick-film, copper foil Printed Circuit Board affords stable power supply and an ultra-low noise-floor. Add dual dedicated clock circuits to ensure proper synchronization and S-Master HX digital amplification circuitry for superior noise and distortion-free audio reproduction.
Your favorite tracks, in Hi-Res and even in DSD!
- The ZX2 can make the most of your current and future music collection, broadly supporting the playback of digital music file formats including: DSD (up to 5.6MHz), and PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz, including, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, Apple lossless (ALAC), WMA lossless, AAC, WMA, and MP3.
Stream to your hearts delight
- Enjoy convenient , high-quality wireless audio streaming . Easily pair other Bluetooth devices with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology. Or wirelessly connect the ZX2, to your PC, Mac, or other compatible DLNA device, via dual-band Wi-Fi, to enjoy your favorite music streaming services or music stored on your network.
Sony technologies for enhanced audio streaming
- DSEE HX offers natural, spacious sound by revitalizing the audio signal and restoring the high frequency sounds lost in the audio compression process to near hi-resolution sound quality. With LDAC, a new Sony audio technology offering enhanced (up to 3x) data transmission capability, high-quality wireless Bluetooth audio streaming is now a reality.
- The vivid 4.0” FWVGA TRILUMINOS touchscreen LCD with OptiContrast allows for convenient, smartphone-style control and access to more on-screen information than ever before. You can also continue enjoying the moment, when stowing the ZX2 in a jacket pocket or when using the supplied leather carrying case, with convenient, side-mounted control buttons.
- Because it’s based on the Google Android operating system and comes with built-in dual-band Wi-Fi, you can use the ZX2 to download and install apps from Google Play, check email, keep a calendar, play games, view photos, watch movies, and much more.
- A built-in, high-capacity 1880 mAh, lithium-ion battery not only contributes to both better sound quality, but also enhanced battery life: up to 33 hours (FLAC 192/24-bit) / up to 60 hours of audio playback (MP3) per charge.
That’s quite a music collection…
- 128 GB of built-in flash memory allows for up to 2700 Hi-Res tracks (LPCM 1411kbps @ 4 minutes/song). When your collection starts to burst at the seams, you can easily expand memory capacity further with the addition of a 128GB microSD card (up to 256 GB).
Drag and Drop
- With a Walkman you are never tied to just one music service. Just drag and drop files from iTunes (for Mac or Windows) or any other music service and enjoy. Multi-format playback not only lets you play all types of Hi- Resolution files, along with MP3, WMA, AAC and more; now that’s freedom.
Dual clock oscillators
- As is the case with our line of Hi-Res headphone DAC/Amplifiers, dual dedicated clock circuits allow for switching between 44.1kHz (44.1/88.2/176.4kHz, CD/DSD) and 48kHz (48/96/192kHz), depending on music file sampling frequency. The benefit of reducing DA conversion timing inaccuracies is enhanced sound stage integrity and audio response, for superior noise and distortion-free audio reproduction.
- DSEE HX offers natural sound with a spacious feel by revitalizing the audio signal and also restoring the high frequency sounds stripped by the audio compression process to near hi-resolution sound quality.
Drag, drop and go
- With a Walkman player, you are never tied to just one music service. Easily drag and drop files from either iTunes or Windows Media and enjoy.
USB Digital output
- When used with a compatible device, such as a PHA-3 Headphone DAC/Amplifier, pairing the two using the USB Digital output can result in lossless interconnectivity and a purer listening experience.
- Audio Power Output : 15 + 15 mW
- Frequency Response : 20 to 40,000 Hz (when playing data file, single signal measurement)
- Audio Format(s) Supported :
- MP3: 32-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- WMA: 5-384 kbps (incl. VBR) at 8-48 kHz
- FLAC: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- L-PCM: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AAC: 16-320 kbps (incl. VBR) at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- HE-AAC: 32-144 kbps at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and 48 kHz
- ALAC: 16/24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- AIFF: 16/24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- DSD: 1-bit at 2.8224 or 5.6448 Mhz
- Sound Mode : ClearAudio+ (On/Off); Equalizer; Clear Bass; Surround Sound; DSEE HX (On/Off); Dynamixc Normalizer (On/Off)
- Play Mode : Normal / Repeat / Shuffle / Shuffle & Repeat / Repeat 1 Song / SensMe channels
Bluetooth Feature & Device Bluetooth Audio
- Audio Codec : LDAC and SBC codecs
- Display Technology : TFT display with white-LED backlight
- Screen Size : 4.0 inch (10.2 cm) FWVGA (854x480 pixels)
- Color : Black
- Music Storage Capacity (Approx.) : 128 GB (expandable via optional microSD)
- Display : 4.0 in. FWVGA TFT display (854 x 480 pixels)
- System Requirements : IBM PC/AT compatible computer preinstalled with the following Windows operating systems:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environment
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6 or later
- Not supported by OSs other than above.
- CPU: 1 GHz processor (2.6 GHz recommended for video playback)
- RAM: 1 GB or more (2 GB RAM required for Windows 8 64-bit)
- Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive: 600 MB or more of available space
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Internet connection (for Gracenote MusicID service, podcast features, Store access, or online help).
- We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the above System Requirements.
- Not supported by the following environments
- Interface : Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant)
Inputs and Outputs
- Digital Audio Input(s) : WM-Port (22 pin)
- USB Port(s) : High-speed USB 2.0 compliant
- Headphone Output : Stereo mini-jack
- User Memory Capacity (Approx.) : microSD (up to 2 GB) microSDHC (up to 32 GB) microSDXC (64 GB and more)
- Memory Size : 128 GB, Actual available memory for media contents 113 GB (121,269,354,496 bytes)
- Power Type : Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Battery Life (Approx.) :
- MP3 @ 128 kbps = 60 Hrs.;
- Linear PCM @ 1411 kbps = 61 Hrs.;
- FLAC @ 96 kHz/24 bit = 43 Hrs. ;
- FLAC @ 192 kHz/24 bit = 33 Hrs. ;
- DSD @ 2.8224 Mhz/1 bit - 22 Hrs.;
- DSD @ 5.6448 Mhz/1 bit - 16 Hrs.;
- MPEG-4 @ 384 kbps = 9 Hrs.
- Battery Indicator : LED Battery Life Indicator (Green/Orange/Red)
- Battery Charging (Approx.) : USB-based: 4.5 Hrs (full charge)
- Video Format(s) Supported :
- AVCHD: 10 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- MPEG4: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- WMV9: 6 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 720 x 480 max
- JPEG Playback : JPG: Max. image size 6,048 x 4,032 pixels PNG: Max. Image size 2,048 x 2,048 pixels
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 64.7 x 130.4 x 16.2 mm (2 5/8 x 5 1/4 x 21/32 in) Projecting parts not included. 65.1 x 131.2 x 18.5 mm (2 5/8 x 5 1/4 x 3/4 in)
- Weight (Approx.) : 235 g (8.3 oz)
- Frequency Band : Bluetooth spec 3.0 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- Maximum Range : Line of sight approx.30 ft (10 m)
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- Quick Start Guide
- User Guide
- USB Cable (1)
- Leather Case (1)
- Spacer (1)
The advised BEST!
After numerous purchases and returns of the very best and expensive media players this is so far from what was heard from all the others.|The much less expensive Walkman was good - but had to have more.|The Astell-Kerns 240 was good but heavy and no where near what this Walkman can produce.|The Cowan was actually quite acceptable but it also just didn't quite satisfy.|Then the NW-ZX2 finally was