Sony NW-WM1A High-Resolution Walkman with Bluetooth Overview
This Sony Signature Series Sony NW-WM1A High-Resolution Walkman with Bluetooth delivers ultimate studio-quality sound that brings music to life. The mp3 music player provides high-resolution audio in maximum quality with the S-Master HX amplifier and Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE HX). It also supports Native Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio files that retain every detail from the original recording for pure, powerful sound. Bluetooth technology allows you to connect seamlessly to Near Field Communication (NFC) devices for quick, contactless communication. A balanced standard plug at the top of the portable audio player reduces excess noise to produce a precise, dynamic sound. The personal music player's stable aluminum alloy frame also resists electrical noise and interference to increase quality of sound. Elegant in style, it's made to fit your on-the-go lifestyle with its lightweight and compact design and high-quality, touch-sensitive screen. More than 30 hours of audio playback on one charge and the ability to play a wide range of music types makes this digital music player a versatile and popular choice.
- Large, high-quality 4" touch-sensitive screen with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels
- 128 GB of built-in memory; expandable with Micro SD card (sold separately)
- Bluetooth with Near Field Communication (NFC) one-touch connection;
- LDAC function for enhanced wireless listening
- USB 2.0 compliant with a has a 22 pin WM-Port to connect to most audio sources
- Supports native Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio files for authentic playback
- Features high-resolution audio for exceptional listening quality
- S-Master HX amplifier reduces distortion and noise for pure digital sound
- Up to 30 hours of continuous high-resolution audio playback (FLAC 96 kHz/24 bit) and 33 hours of MP3 (128 kbps)
- Convenient compact and lightweight design
- Dimensions: 2.87” W x 4.89” H x 0.78” D
- Product weight: 9.42 oz.
- Warranty: 2 Years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
- Audio format(s) supported: MP3 (MPEG-1 Layer3): 32 to 320kbps (Supports variable bit rate (VBR)) at 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz, WMA: ASF file format, 32-192 kbps (Supports variable bit rate (VBR)) at 44.1 kHz, FLAC: 16, 24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz, 352.8, 384 kHz, Linear PCM: Wave-Riff file format, wav file extension, 16, 24, 32 (Float/Integer) at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz
AAC: MP4, mp4,.m4a,.3gp file extension, 16 to 320 kbps ((Supports variable bit rate (VBR)) at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz, HE-AAC: MP4, mp4,.m4a,.3gp file extension, 32 to 144 kbps at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1 and 48kHz, Apple Lossless: MP4, m4a, .mp4 file extension, 16 to 24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz, AIFF: 16-24-32 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz, DSD: 1 bit at 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448, 11.2896 MHz
- Frequency response: 20 to 40,000Hz (when playing data file, single signal measurement)
- Audio power output: Stereo mini-jack : 60mW + 60mW(non CEW, High Gain) 1.6~4.2mW (CEW) Balanced standard-jack : 250mW + 250mW(non CEW, High Gain) 1.6~4.2mW (CEW)
- Play mode: Normal / Repeat / Shuffle / Shuffle & repeat / Repeat 1 song playback range (All range / Selected range)
- Frequency range: 2.4GHz band (2.4000GHz - 2.4835GHz)
- Modulation Method: FHSS
- Multiple language display: German/ English/ Spanish/ French/ Italian/ Polish/ Portuguese/ Russian/Turkish/ Japanese/ Korean/ Simplified Chinese/ Traditional Chinese
- Display technology: TFT color display with white LED-backlight, capacitive touch screen
- Screen size: 4.0" (10.2 cm) / FWVGA (854 x 480 Pixels)
- Interface: Stereo mini-jack, Balanced standard-jack Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant) WM-PORT (multiple connecting terminal): 22 pins
- Memory size: 128 GB
- User memory capacity (Approx.): 122,573,127,680 byte (114.15 GB)
- Operating temperature: 41 'F to 95 'F (5 'C to 35 'C)
- Power type: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery USB power (from a computer via a USB connector of the player)
- Video format(s) supported: AVC(H.264/AVC): MP4 file format, 20 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 1920x1080 max, MPEG4: 20 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 1920x1080 max, WMV9: ASF file format, 20 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 1920x1080 max
- Dimensions (Approx.): 2.58" x 4.86" x 0.79"
- Weight (Approx.): 9.5 oz.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- NW-WM1A High-Resolution Walkman
- USB cable
- Wrist strap
- Startup guide
- Instruction manual
*Headphones and microSD card not included
Customer Reviews for Sony NW-WM1A High-Resolution Walkman with Bluetooth (Black)
Why this player is so bulky? Some might ask. Cause it probably have AMP built-in so it have proper power in the sounds and able to drive more power hungry IEM/Headphones.
For 3.5mm port the output is 60mw+60mw.
For 4.4mm balanced port output is 240mw+240mw.
As expected from SONY, the interface is easy to use, have some nice added functions and longer battery life than most or all of the same grade players on the market.
Some might think this player is expensive, but comparing to top of the line players, this player sound is comparable or even better than most. One of the most value for money and longest battery life around.
Sound resolution and reproduction Excellent...
You won't be disappointed in getting this piece.
Burning in the new Walkman for more than a week was a painful wait, but worth it in the end. After 200 hours, the bass tightened up, punches with poise and precision, and the decay is just right, not too boomy. Mids are, as reported, sweeter and sounds natural. Timbre is accurate, with focus on musicality rather than detail and dryness. Best part is the treble tizz is completely gone. Amazing detail and smoothness, typical Sony house sound. The headstage is quite expansive, and imaging is precise. The more I listened to it the more immersed I was with the music.
In short it's an amazing Walkman worthy of Sony. Remember to burn it in to let the capacitors settle to their intended sound. Makes a world of difference!
My only request to sony is to bring out another update with a USB DAC function like the ZX300 has, and make the UI a bit more streamlined when showing album art for files that are not 'Hi-Res'. Added to my 24bit FLAC and DSF collection, I have a large collection of lossless WAV format files and it would be easier to navigate to them if the UI allowed album art for these files to show as well.
So, if you're in the Sony team, buy it; if not, the wm1 could still blow you mind if you think the ZX1/2 series are the "ceiling" of Hi-fi DAP. Otherwise, you got more choices than you think you have.