Sony NW-WM1A High-Resolution Walkman with Bluetooth Overview
This Sony Signature Series Sony NW-WM1A High-Resolution Walkman with Bluetooth delivers ultimate studio-quality sound that brings music to life. The mp3 music player provides high-resolution audio in maximum quality with the S-Master HX amplifier and Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE HX). It also supports Native Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio files that retain every detail from the original recording for pure, powerful sound. Bluetooth technology allows you to connect seamlessly to Near Field Communication (NFC) devices for quick, contactless communication. A balanced standard plug at the top of the portable audio player reduces excess noise to produce a precise, dynamic sound. The personal music player's stable aluminum alloy frame also resists electrical noise and interference to increase quality of sound. Elegant in style, it's made to fit your on-the-go lifestyle with its lightweight and compact design and high-quality, touch-sensitive screen. More than 30 hours of audio playback on one charge and the ability to play a wide range of music types makes this digital music player a versatile and popular choice.
- Large, high-quality 4" touch-sensitive screen with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels
- 128 GB of built-in memory; expandable with Micro SD card (sold separately)
- Bluetooth with Near Field Communication (NFC) one-touch connection;
- LDAC function for enhanced wireless listening
- USB 2.0 compliant with a has a 22 pin WM-Port to connect to most audio sources
- Supports native Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio files for authentic playback
- Features high-resolution audio for exceptional listening quality
- S-Master HX amplifier reduces distortion and noise for pure digital sound
- Up to 30 hours of continuous high-resolution audio playback (FLAC 96 kHz/24 bit) and 33 hours of MP3 (128 kbps)
- Convenient compact and lightweight design
- Dimensions: 2.87” W x 4.89” H x 0.78” D
- Product weight: 9.42 oz.
- Warranty: 2 Years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
- Audio format(s) supported: MP3 (MPEG-1 Layer3): 32 to 320kbps (Supports variable bit rate (VBR)) at 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz, WMA: ASF file format, 32-192 kbps (Supports variable bit rate (VBR)) at 44.1 kHz, FLAC: 16, 24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz, 352.8, 384 kHz, Linear PCM: Wave-Riff file format, wav file extension, 16, 24, 32 (Float/Integer) at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz
AAC: MP4, mp4,.m4a,.3gp file extension, 16 to 320 kbps ((Supports variable bit rate (VBR)) at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz, HE-AAC: MP4, mp4,.m4a,.3gp file extension, 32 to 144 kbps at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1 and 48kHz, Apple Lossless: MP4, m4a, .mp4 file extension, 16 to 24 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz, AIFF: 16-24-32 bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz, DSD: 1 bit at 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448, 11.2896 MHz
- Frequency response: 20 to 40,000Hz (when playing data file, single signal measurement)
- Audio power output: Stereo mini-jack : 60mW + 60mW(non CEW, High Gain) 1.6~4.2mW (CEW) Balanced standard-jack : 250mW + 250mW(non CEW, High Gain) 1.6~4.2mW (CEW)
- Play mode: Normal / Repeat / Shuffle / Shuffle & repeat / Repeat 1 song playback range (All range / Selected range)
- Frequency range: 2.4GHz band (2.4000GHz - 2.4835GHz)
- Modulation Method: FHSS
- Multiple language display: German/ English/ Spanish/ French/ Italian/ Polish/ Portuguese/ Russian/Turkish/ Japanese/ Korean/ Simplified Chinese/ Traditional Chinese
- Display technology: TFT color display with white LED-backlight, capacitive touch screen
- Screen size: 4.0" (10.2 cm) / FWVGA (854 x 480 Pixels)
- Interface: Stereo mini-jack, Balanced standard-jack Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant) WM-PORT (multiple connecting terminal): 22 pins
- Memory size: 128 GB
- User memory capacity (Approx.): 122,573,127,680 byte (114.15 GB)
- Operating temperature: 41 'F to 95 'F (5 'C to 35 'C)
- Power type: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery USB power (from a computer via a USB connector of the player)
- Video format(s) supported: AVC(H.264/AVC): MP4 file format, 20 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 1920x1080 max, MPEG4: 20 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 1920x1080 max, WMV9: ASF file format, 20 Mbps bitrate, 30 fps frame rate, 1920x1080 max
- Dimensions (Approx.): 2.58" x 4.86" x 0.79"
- Weight (Approx.): 9.5 oz.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- NW-WM1A High-Resolution Walkman
- USB cable
- Wrist strap
- Startup guide
- Instruction manual
*Headphones and microSD card not included
Customer Reviews for Sony NW-WM1A High-Resolution Walkman with Bluetooth (Black)
I was considering Sony WM1A and ZX507 players to upgrade from my good old A17. I first bought ZX507 but returned it later due to poor battery (my A17 still can beat that battery in 2020), and unnecessary android mess. Then I bought WM1A and I was never so happy with my music.
Here is my opinion:
Feels premium with leather back, gold colour walkman logo and metal like NFC logo. The entire aluminium block feels good in hand. It is a delight to look at the screen, which is big enough (4”) to satisfy most music listeners. This big player devotes its aluminium chassis and components for one main purpose, to reproduce quality sound. Battery is solid lasts me a 2-3 days without worrying to charge.
Sony has come a long way to improve its already fantastic Walkman OS and WM1A reconfirms the fact by being glitch free and seamless. The OS is a breeze to work with and comes with Equalizer, Tone control, DSEE HX, DC Phase Linearizer, Dynamic Normalizer, and Vinyl processor. I enjoy on-screen time more on WM1A tweaking the sound using all technologies. Digital peak metre, spectrum analyzer, and analog level metre are fantastic addition. This is where WM1A felt more of a Walkman than ZX507.
If I have to describe in short, the Sony WM1A sounds more natural and original to music creator’s intent. It still has the magic Sony sound signature but with enhanced clarity and realism. I have pushed the limits on volume but never find the player to be struggling neither leaving bass behind nor the treble went irritating for my ears. The sound stage is expansive and instruments could be easily distinguished. If I identify any shortfall, I tweak the sound to my personal liking using equalizer and tone control, however they both are mutually exclusive. I have little to complaint in the sound category. I heard people saying it might not have enough bass for bass lovers, this made me a bit nervous before buying, but I have no complaints with bass its plenty and precise. Paired with logic 7 in car audio, it redefines music at each note. It is a genuine Walkman that holds its ground well in 2020.
With my CA Solaris and EA Cleopatra cable this WM1A is audio nirvana....
Because I haven't received the 1TB microSD card I had ordered, I only loaded my Bob Marley albums on the device to try it out. CD quality for Uprising and HD for Kaya
The sound is already very good but I have a feeling it will improve as the device gets broken in. I've tried it with: Bose QE35 Bluetooth, Sony WH-1000XM3 and last but not least, balanced Ultrasone Edition 10.
The best results are with the Ultrasone of course. The Bose sound better than the Sony (which sound better than the Bose on my iphone).