- Connect wirelessly to your whole music collection via Bluetooth and NFC
- Feel the bass drop on your favorite tracks using Bass Boost
- Make and take calls conveniently with the integrated microphone
- Listen in comfort with the wireless around-the-ear design
MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones with Extra Bass
Wireless freedom, sleek comfort, and unmistakable bass response add-up to an unforgettable audio experience. Connect via Bluetooth®2 with NFC and let your music loose for up to 20 hours (battery life) anytime anywhere. 40mm drivers with electronic bass boost will add punch to your favorite tracks.
Enjoy high quality Bluetooth® audio streaming and simplified connectivity with Near Field Communications (NFC) technology. Simply align your compatible devices and touch the NFC logos to activate or deactivate pairing. For the ultimate wireless audio streaming experience, aptX® & AAC codec support ensure maximum signal quality, or listen to your favorite playlist conventionally, in passive mode, without relying on the battery.
Broad frequency response
Large, 40mm driver units deliver broad, dynamic, and balanced sound for an exceptional listening experience. You can enjoy 20 - 20,000 Hz frequency response when streaming audio wirelessly or even broader frequency response, from 3 – 28,000 Hz when using the supplied audio cable.
Electronic Bass Boost
For impressive low-end bass response, a simple press of the Bass Boost button delivers! A Digital Signal Processor produces club-like enhanced low-frequencies for music that you can feel!
Lush, wrap around ear cushions provide a comprehensive, acoustic seal-for an intimate listening experience, in long-lasting comfort. And when it’s time to roll, the swiveling ear cups fold flat for enhanced portability.
Make and take calls on the go
Enjoy the convenience of hands-free calling thanks to the integrated microphone and Bluetooth® profile connectivity. Once your phone is paired, simply press the phone button on the earpiece to accept incoming calls then press again to terminate the call. Music playback will automatically resume once the call is completed.
Enjoy long battery life
The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 20 hours of continuous, wireless music playback. For hands-free calling, you can speak freely for up to 20 hours or up to 200 hours on stand-by. When your battery runs low, passive mode, using the supplied cable, allows for continued listening in a conventional fashion.
Ready to go!
A Micro-USB charging cable and conventional 1.2 m audio cable are included, perfect for plugging into your digital music player or computer when your battery runs low.
- Bluetooth® audio streaming with AAC and apt-X® support
- Electronic Bass Boost circuitry for added bass emphasis
- Passive mode for normal, corded operation without battery
- Comfortable around-the-ear design
- 40mm drivers for wide frequency response (3 - 28 kHz, with cord)
In The Box
- Micro-USB Cable (1)
- Stereo Connecting Cable (1)
- Reference Guide (1)
- Quick Start Guide (1)
- Audio Format(s) Supported: SBC, AAC, and aptX® codec support
- Driver Unit: 40 mm, dome type
- Frequency Response: 3 - 28,000 Hz (using supplied cord)
Effective range via Bluetooth mode: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity (db): 102 dB/mW (using supplied cord)
- Design: Headband Headset
- Headband: Wide, Adjustable
- Noise Level: ON/OFF switch on ear-cup
- Plug: Gold-plated stereo mini plug
- Type of Use: Bluetooth/Passive
- Cord: Detachable stereo connecting cord
Micro-USB charging cable
- Microphone: Omni directional, electret condenser
Effective frequency range: 100 Hz - 4,000 Hz
- Remote Control: Via Bluetooth® AVRCP: Play, Pause, FF, FR, Volume +/-, Bass Boost on/off
- Battery Charging (Approx): Appox. 4 hours from empty to full
- Battery Life (Approx): Continuous music playback: up to 20 hours
- Battery Life (Approx): Continuous communications: up to 20 hours
- Battery Life (Approx): Standby time: up to 200 hours
- Battery Type: Built-in Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Power Consumption (in Operation): 1.5 W
- Power Handling Capacity: 1000 mW (using supplied cord)
- Impedance: 24 ohms at 1 kHz (using supplied cable)
- Type: Closed, dynamic
Weights and Measurements
- Cord Length (Approx.): Headphone cable: 47 1/4 in. (1.2 m) micro-USB cable: 19 3/4 in. (50 cm)
- Weight (Approx.): 10 oz. (280 g) without cord
- Bluetooth® Technology: Bluetooth specification Version 3.0
2.4 GHz band (2.4000 GHz-2.4835 GHz)
- NFC: One-touch Listening with NFC (Near Field Communications)
- Network Transport Protocol: A2DP (Sampling frequency 44.1 kHz)
Transmission Range: 20-20,000 Hz
Line of sight approx.30 ft (10 m)