Industry-Leading Noise-Cancelling Performance
Hear what matters with industry-leading, adaptive, noise-cancelling, wireless headphones that let you focus on music in its purest form. Listen and talk without taking them off with the easy touch-control shells, while the SENSE engine adapts to your environment and eliminates ambient noise in all conditions. All with up 20 hours of battery life. Noise-cancelling headphones have never been this advanced – or sounded this good.
- Isolate yourself from external noise with industry-leading noise cancelation
- Enjoy Bluetooth wireless connectivity and Hi-Fi quality audio
- Listen to ambient sounds quickly and clearly with Quick Attention
- Hear music at its best with Hi-Res Audio
- Listen longer with up to 20 hours of battery life
- Control everything by touch with Easy Touch control
- Catch important sounds with Ambient Sound Mode
- Listen to music without missing announcements
- Easily take calls wirelessly
- Hard carrying case included
Industry-Leading Noise Cancelation
Industry-leading, noise-cancelling performance features a personal noise-cancelling optimizer that adapts to your environment and eliminates noise in all conditions.
Enjoy Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity and Hi-Fi Quality Audio
Connect easily to your favorite devices via Bluetooth with NFC and enjoy a near Hi-Res experience when wirelessly streaming your music with built-in LDAC enhanced codec support.
Listen to Ambient Sounds Quickly and Clearly
The Quick Attention function let you instantly hear conversations and your surroundings by simply cupping your hand over the right earcup of the headphones.
The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 20 hours of continuous, wireless music playback.
Control Everything By Touch
Intuitive, easy-to-use touch controls allow for easy Play/Stop, track control, and volume adjust via the touch sensor control panel mounted on the housing of the right ear cup of the headphones.
Catch Important Sounds with Ambient Sound Mode
Ambient sound mode (Normal Mode) makes it possible to hear essential everyday sounds, such as traffic, while still listening to music in the background.
Listen to Music Without Missing Announcements
Ambient Sound Mode (Voice Mode) lets you to listen to your music without distraction, while still catching important announcements.
Easily Take Calls Wirelessly
Enjoy noise and hands-free calling thanks to the integrated microphone and Bluetooth profile connectivity. When receiving a call, just tap on the right earcup of the headphones to answer your call and tap again to hang up.
Hard Carrying Case Included
Included hard carrying case makes it easy to safely bring your headphones with you, wherever you go.
- Bluetooth technology: Version 4.1
- Effective range: Approximately 30 feet
- Frequency range: 2.4GHz band (2.4000GHz - 2.4835GHz)
- Frequency range (A2DP): 20Hz - 20,000Hz (44.1kHz sampling) / 20Hz - 40,000Hz (LDAC 96kHz sampling, 990kbps)
- Interface: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Modulation method: FHSS
- NFC: Yes
- Power output: Bluetooth power class 2
- Supported audio format(s): SBC, AAC, aptX, LDAC
- Supported content protection: SCMS-T
- Cable type: Single-sided (detachable)
- Cable length: Headphone cable (approximately 1.5m, silver-coated OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug)
- Diaphragm: Aluminum coated LCP
- Driver unit: 40mm, dome type (CCAW Voice Coil)
- Frequency response: 4Hz - 40,000Hz
- Headphone type: Closed, dynamic
- Impedance: 46 ohm (1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on)
- Impedance: 16 ohm (1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Plug: Gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plug
- Sensitivity: 103dB/mW (1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on)
- Sensitivity: 98dB/mW (1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Weight: 275g
- Batteries: DC3.7V built-in litium-ion rechargeable battery
- Battery charge method: USB
- Battery charge time: Approximately 4 hours
- Battery indicator (charge indication): Red LED
- Battery indicator (working indication): Blue LED, Red LED, Green LED, Yellow LED
- Battery life (waiting time): Max. 34 hours (NC ON) Max. 120 hours (NC OFF)
- Battery life (continuous communication time): Max. 24 hours (NC ON) Max. 26 hours (NC OFF)
- Battery life (continuous music playback time): Max. 20 hours (NC ON) Max. 22 hours (NC OFF)
- Frequency response: 4Hz - 40,000Hz
- Input(s): Micro USB, stereo minijack
- Passive operation: Yes
- Volume control: Touch sensor
- Direction of microphone: All Direction
- Effective frequency of microphone: 100 - 8,000Hz
- Unit of microphone: Electret Condenser Microphone
- AI NC: Yes
- Noise cancelling ON/OFF switch: Yes
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MDR-1000X Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
- Carrying case
- Plug adapter for in-flight use
- Connection cable
- USB cable
- Warranty card
- Operating instructions
Customer Reviews for Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones with Built-In Mic
I was looking at Bose QC-35s, and several other from manufacturers like JBL and Beats. Even though the QC-35s sounded good and are slightly more comfortable, I am glad I chose these Sonys. Sound-wise they produce more of a soundstage and tonal balance than the others I tried. I do have to hand it to Bose for their in-store demo, though. Their choice of music really made the best possible impression of the QC-35s whereas the Sony in-store demo selections were MEH. It is a good thing that I recognized this because I think the Sonys are slightly better-sounding on most good material.
These are some of the pros:
1. The ability to bring in ambient sound and instantly shut down the phones when summoned by my wife is the number one feature I like.
2. The sound quality is excellent, with good balance and definition. I have a pair of highly-touted Sony MDR-V6 headphones that I have had for at least 25 years that, with Beyer cloth earpads. These have been my "go to" phones for serious listening in spite of my owning many different brands of headphones. The MDR-1000X phones sound similar with a little more treble.
3. The headphone controls are easy to manage and pairing was painless.
4. I like the fact that I can use the phones without the power. They sound fine in this mode..only a little less volume.
5. The noise reduction works very well. On certain sounds that are less steady (like kitchen sounds), I think they rival the Bose QC-35s. I like the fact that I can adjust the amount of noise reduction to the point of turning it off, although I have only tried turning the reduction off, not down.
I do have two cons.
1. The material of the earpads makes wearing the phones feeling hot within an hour of use. I really think pads like the ones I have on my MDR-V6 with a cloth-like material would be a great improvement over this "pleather". Even though all around-the-ear pads will result in some heat, I don't think the Bose earpads are as heat-capturing.
2. The Bose QC-35s do feel slightly more comfortable than these headphones, but not enough to make me regret this purchase.
All in all, I think Sony did a great job on these headphones and will give Bose and most of the other headphones in this class a run for their money.
I would give them between 4 and 5 stars.