- S-master digital amplifier: Yes
- DSEE HX: Yes Upscale Up to: 88.2kH,96kHz/24bit Upscale from: 44.1kHz,48kHz/16bit,24bit
- Night mode: Yes
- Number of amp. channels: 3.1ch (Wireless Subwoofer)
- S-Force PRO Front Surround: S-Force PRO: Yes
- Type: S-Master HX
- Center (Reference): 100W
- Front (Reference): 100W/100W
- Power Output (Total): 400W
- Subwoofer (Reference): 100W
- DSD: Yes DSD fs: 2.8MHz Multi-channel: 2ch/5.1ch
- Dolby ATMOS: Yes (Dolby Digital plus/Atmos)
- Dolby Dual Mono: Yes
- DTS 96/24: Yes
- Dolby Digital/DTS: Yes
- LPCM (2CH/5.1CH/7.1CH) thru HDMI: HDMI ARC: Yes (2ch only) LPCM fs: 48KHz/24bit HDMI input: Yes Yes (2ch only) LPCM fs: 192Hz/24bit Optical Input: LPCM 2ch, LPCM fs: 48kHz/24bit
- Bluetooth: 4.2 Version RX(reciever) / TX(transmitter)
- 3D signal pass thru: Yes
- BRAVIA SYNC (CEC Control): Yes (HDMI CEC)
- HDCP2.2: Yes
- Home theatre control: Yes
- Scene Select Sync: Yes
- Ethernet: Yes
- USB: USB type A File System: exFAT,FAT12/16/32,vFAT External HDD: Yes (less than 2TB / Read only)
- Auto: Auto Sound: Yes
- GAME: Yes
- Music: Yes
- SPORTS: Yes
- Standard: Yes
- AV Sync: Yes (0-300msec)
- Auto Power Off (Auto Stand-by): Yes
- Easy Setup (Quick Setup): Yes
- Power consumption (in operation): Bar: 52W SW: 20W
- Power consumption (in standby): Bar: 0.5W SW: 1W Bluetooth standby mode: Bar: 2.4W SW:1W
- Power requirements: 120V AC
- Dimensions (Approx.)
- Bar speaker: 39.37" × 2.52" × 3.90"
- Subwoofer: 7.48" x 15.04 x 15.2"
- Weight (Approx.)
- Bar speaker: 6.83 lbs.
- Subwoofer: 17.86 lbs.
- 4K/60p: 4K/60p/YUV4:4:4: Yes
- Built in Demo: Yes
- Control via Analog Input (4-Pin): Yes
- DEMO mode: Yes (1/2/3/4)
- USB playback demo: Yes
- Woofer unit: Number of speaker: 2 Enclosure Type: Acoustic suspention Unit size: 46 mm Diaphragm material: Mica
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- HT-Z9F 3.1-Channel Dolby Atmos Soundbar with Subwoofer
- Remote commander
- Batteries for remote commander
- HDMI cable
- Wall hanging bracket with screws
- Wall mount template
- Customer registration card
- Warranty card
- Quick setup guide
- Instruction manual
Customer Reviews for Sony HT-Z9F 3.1-Channel Dolby Atmos Sound Bar with Subwoofer
Instead, I got a soundbar that sounds weaker and thinner than a $20 Bluetooth speaker, or a ten year old $250 television. I know this because I compared both side by side. Also music streamed from any source sounds dramatically worse than the $20 Bluetooth speaker.
As mentioned in other reviews, the subwoofer (which is 5 ft from the soundbar) constantly becomes disconnected. The soundbar also frequently becomes disconnected, no matter which method you use to hook it up. Resets don't help either. How can It be so completely incompatible with my new Sony TV?
Unfortunately, I had gotten Covid shortly after buying it, so I didn't get to hook it up and check it out before the return period ran out at Best Buy. Now it now sits unplugged on my mantle, just so that we can watch TV with sound. It is literally a $900 piece of junk that will end up in a landfill, which is an environmental nightmare. I wish I could at least recycle it.
I don't now what has happened to Sony. They used to make quality products that worked.