The Homage to Stradivarius further defines the ambition of bringing the identity of the acoustic loudspeaker increasingly closer to that of a musical instrument. The project was originally inspired by the fact that an enlarged front with respect to traditional canons could lead to the simulation of the 2π infinite plane, translating the model of the theoretically perfect acoustic source and offering absolutely innovative reproductive performance. This led to the large front panel, which accumulates the energy of the loudspeakers, instead of dispersing it, and then reflects it. The elliptical design for a three-way system is capable of providing a totally different and emotionally exciting response. It is a renewal that has developed through the rediscovery of the cardinal values of the Sonus faber sound.
The formal aspect of the Stradivari homage expresses its conceptual origin. It is shaped like two facing lutes: a further development of the construction criterion of Sonus faber loudspeakers. However, the “soul” of Stradivari is also reminiscent of the construction principles of stringed instrument making, because inside it houses a linking element that unites the two walls, just like the joined plates of a violin. The exclusive cabinet features curved walls. The density of the wood employed to make the walls, the quality and the direction of the fibers have been carefully researched to distribute and control resonance.
Sonus Faber Stradivari Floorstanding Speaker Specifications:
- 3 way floorstanding vented box loudspeaker.
- Elliptical shape design, multilayer, constrained-mode damping, enclosure formed using hand selected wood layers, quality graded and oriented for carefully optimized resonances control. Sub-structural ribs are strategically placed for absolute rejection of spurious vibrations.
- 33 mm ultra-dynamic linearity neodymium ring radiator driver, with dual toroidal wave-guide. Natural wood acoustic labyrinth rear chamber, with mechanical anti-resonator synergycally designed and integrated “acoustic ambient”.
- 150 mm ultra-dynamic linearity driver. CCAW/Kapton “eddy current free” voice coil. Dynamically linear magnetic field motor incorporating Kellog and Faraday rings. All moving elements optimally ventilated for “resonance free” response. Designed synergistically with its vented “acoustic chamber”.
- 260 mm lightweight Aluminium/Magnesium alloy cone driver in an acoustically amorphous vented chamber. A dual Faraday copper ring long-throw motor system with a 2” “eddy current free” voice coil is implemented for an ultra-dynamic performance and linearity. Special coaxial anti-compressors are used, designed to remove cavity resonance and distortions.
- Special multi slope structure with optimized phase/amplitude response. The impedance at low frequencies is controlled for a clear amplifier friendly performance. A unique structured precious metal alloy conductors used, totally coherent on the entire signal path. Cross-over points 300 Hz - 4.000 Hz.
- 22 Hz - 40.000 Hz, tuning ports included.
- 92 dB SPL (2,83 V/1m).
- 4 ohm.
- 30W - 300W, without clipping.