Olympic Theatre: it is design, planning, harmony, proportions, acoustics, sensitivity, search for beauty, wonder, expert processing of materials, emotions. One of the greatest works of the Master and chief architect Andrea Palladio created before his death as a perennial gift to Vicenza, enriching it further with another precious gem and a universal example of beauty and ingenuity. True and exemplary values that all can enjoy and make their own thanks to their glorious and radiant presence. And Sonus faber created in this beautiful and fortunate land could not but make this teaching and principles its own since its very beginning, inextricably linking them to their own history and then applying them in its Musical instruments which proudly resonate with the harmony of the city and the art that inspired them. In acknowledgement of the unique legacy of Andrea Palladio, Sonus faber has decided to create Sonus faber Olympica, a sincere homage to the Olympic Theatre, temple of geometric pleasure in the voice of Music, the container in which sound seamlessly expands and an accurate reference model of acoustic enhancement.
Sonus faber wanted to create a family of speakers rich in content but also evocative of those visual and tactile emotions that have always characterized its production. Thus, wood, leather timeless craftsmanship values of careful and passionate production, able to make anyone understand the sincere love for their work and Music. The Sonus faber Olympica project is made up of a new family of passive acoustic speakers that will add to the existing catalogue of the Arcugnano factory, aesthetically characterized by the use of two iconic Sonus faber noble materials, walnut wood and leather. The launch of the new family will occur in two phases, the first three models Olympica I (2-way bookshelf), Olympica II (3-way floor-standing) and Olympica III (3-way floor-standing) will be presented to the world at the prestigious trade show Munich High End 2013 from 9 – 12 May and the remaining part will see the spotlights at the end of the summer.
Sonus Faber Olympica III Floorstanding Loudspeaker Features:
- Cabinet is characterized by the use of natural walnut wood, top and bottom in solid walnut and with magnificent joints in clear maple wood in the walnut finish and more traditional black maple in the graphite finish. The form is the synthesis of the experience gained with the flagship Aida and the classic lyre form. The important difference lies in the particular asymmetry of the section introduced for the first time by Sonus faber.
- The last but significant aesthetic note is the unusual location and geometry of the side reflex port vertically designed and embellished with a perforated metal sheet placed in the vicinity of the long outlet.
- The top is covered in natural leather (with feature stitching and hot branded Sonus faber logo) and aluminum ring, the front baffle is covered in natural leather with no visible screws and the back is also covered in leather with sunken serial number tags below which there are the terminals.
- 29 mm dome Tweeter containing DAD technology deriving from the experience of Aida and neodymium magnet.
Sonus Faber Olympica III Floorstanding Loudspeaker Specifications:
- 3 way floorstanding, paralaminar stealth flow vented loudspeaker.
- Enhanced “Lyre shape” design, progressive thickness triple curvature cabinet walls damped spread resonance spectrum system. Solid walnut vertical clamps.
- Sonus faber “Arrow Point” DAD (Damped Apex Dome, synthesis of the classic dome and ring transducer) 29XTR2. A Sonus faber designed 29 mm moving coil driver. The ultra-dynamic linearity is given by the new Neodymium motor system.
- Sonus faber M15XTR. A totally Sonus faber designed 150 mm ultra-dynamic linearity midwoofer. CCAW wire is used on a composite former “eddy current free” voice coil. The dynamically linear magnetic field motor incorporates triple Kellog/Goeller rings. A special custom diaphragm is made with a real time air dried non pressed blend of traditional cellulose pulp, kapok, kenaf and other natural fibers, developed according to the most natural sound. To further inhibit any residual cone coloration they are using a transparent viscous surface damping coating. Special coaxial anti-compressors is used, designed to remove cavity resonance and distortions.
- Sonus faber wooferS W18XTR are direct descendants of the 9” speakers used in “Aida”. The salient aspect of the woofers, is to merge high definition, the prerogative of the 'sandwich' cones, and an identity in synergy with the sound of the midrange. This goal was reached by developing a “sandwich” membrane that combines a "heart" in hi-tech rigid syntactic foam with external layers in treated cellulose pulp. The 1.5” voice coils “controlled Eddy Current”, together with the powerful long stroke magnetic motor, are guarantees for excellent performance, both from the dynamic point of view and that of linearity.
- Non-resonant “progressive slope” design, optimized amplitude/phase response for optimal space/time performance. “Paracross topology” on both tweeter hi-pass and midrange band pass, cross-over points 250 Hz - 2.500 Hz.
- 35 Hz – 30.000 Hz, tuning port included.
- 90 dB SPL (2.83 V/1m). NOMINAL
- 4 ohm.
SUGGESTED AMPLIFIER POWER OUTPUT
- 50W – 300W, without clipping.
LONG-TERM MAXIMUM INPUT VOLTAGE (IEC-268-5)
- 22V rms.
- 88 kg Net, 91 kg Gross