Olympic Theatre: it is design, planning, harmony, proportions, acoustics, sensitivity, search for beauty, wonder, expert processing of materials, emotions. One of the greatest works of the Master and chief architect Andrea Palladio created before his death as a perennial gift to Vicenza, enriching it further with another precious gem and a universal example of beauty and ingenuity. True and exemplary values that all can enjoy and make their own thanks to their glorious and radiant presence.
And Sonus faber created in this beautiful and fortunate land could not but make this teaching and principles its own since its very beginning, inextricably linking them to their own history and then applying them in its Musical instruments which proudly resonate with the harmony of the city and the art that inspired them. In acknowledgement of the unique legacy of Andrea Palladio, Sonus faber has decided to create Sonus faber Olympica, a sincere homage to the Olympic Theatre, temple of geometric pleasure in the voice of Music, the container in which sound seamlessly expands and an accurate reference model of acoustic enhancement.
Sonus faber wanted to create a family of speakers rich in design, evocative of those visual and tactile emotions characterized by its production. Wood and leather blend with timeless craftsmanship, the final result communicating a love and passion for music. The Sonus faber Olympica project is made up of a new family of passive acoustic speakers that will add to the existing catalogue from the Vicenza factory, characterized by the use of two iconic Sonus faber materials: walnut wood and leather. The launch of the new family has occurred in two phases. The first three models, Olympica I (2-way bookshelf), Olympica II (3-way floor-standing) and Olympica III (3-way floorstanding), has been presented to the world at the prestigious trade show Munich High End 2013 from 9 - 12 May, while Olympica Center has made its premier on September 2013.
Sonus Faber Olympica Center Channel Speaker Features:
- Cabinet is characterized by the use of natural walnut wood and solid walnut with magnificent joints in clear maple wood in the walnut finish and more traditional black maple in the graphite finish. The important difference lies in the particular asymmetry of the section introduced for the first time by Sonus faber.
- The bookshelf model benefits from a special anodized aluminum stand (derived from the evolution of the Guarneri model) that allows the speaker to take the correct inclination and, just like the floor models, is equipped with adjustable stainless steel feet to ensure stability and durability.
- The last but significant aesthetic note is the unusual location and geometry of the side reflex port vertically designed and embellished with a perforated metal sheet placed in the vicinity of the long outlet.
- 29 mm dome Tweeter containing DAD technology deriving from the experience of Aida and neodymium magnet. 80 mm Midrange with a cone made of an original mixture of cellulose, kapok and kenaf.
Sonus Faber Olympica Center Channel Speaker Specifications:
- Enhanced “Lyre” shape design, progressive thickness triple curvature cabinet walls damped spread resonance spectrum system. Solid walnut vertical clamps.
- Sonus faber “Arrow Point” DAD (Damped Apex Dome, synthesis of the classic dome and ring transducer) 29XTR2. A Sonus faber designed 29 mm moving coil driver. The ultra-dynamic linearity is given by the new Neodymium motor system.
- Sonus faber M8XTR. A Sonus faber designed 80 mm ultra-dynamic linearity midwoofer. CCAW wire is used on a controlled “eddy current free” voice coil. The dynamically linear magnetic field motor has a focused field geometry. A special custom diaphragm is made with a blend of traditional cellulose pulp, kapok, kenaf and other natural fibers, developed according to the most natural sound. To further inhibit any residual cone coloration they are using a transparent viscous surface damping coating. A special coaxial anti-compressor is used, designed to remove cavity resonance and distortions.
- Sonus faber W15XTR. A totally Sonus faber designed 150 mm ultra-dynamic linearity woofer. CCAW wire is used on a composite former “eddy current free” voice coil. The dynamically linear magnetic field motor incorporates triple Kellog/Goeller rings. A special custom diaphragm is made with a real time air dried non pressed blend of traditional cellulose pulp, kapok, kenaf and other natural fibers, developed according to the most natural sound. To further inhibit any residual cone coloration they are using a transparent viscous surface damping coating.
- Non-resonant “progressive slope” design, optimized amplitude/phase response for optimal space/time performance. “Paracross topology” on both tweeter hi-pass and midrange band pass, cross-over points 250 Hz – 2.500 Hz. Highest quality components are used including Mundorf Evo Oil capacitors and Jantzen inductors.
- 50 Hz – 30.000 Hz, tuning port included.
- 88 dB SPL (2.83 V/1m).
- 4 ohm.
SUGGESTED AMPLIFIER POWER OUTPUT
- 50W – 300W, without clipping.
LONG-TERM MAXIMUM INPUT VOLTAGE (IEC-268-5)
- 22V rms.
- 230 x 649 x 353 mm (HxWxD)
- 17 kg Net