Listening to music is ecstasy, seduction, rapture and intense pleasure; never should it be constriction or nuisance. This is the basis of Sonus faber’s belief that natural and fatigue free listening are the keys to obtaining ideal sound reproduction: suggestive and sensual.
Homage Vox is the center channel designed to be the perfect completion of a home theater system made up with Amati futura, Guarneri evolution or Aida. From the aesthetical and functional point of view, the new 3 way by Sonus faber is totally compatible with the rest of the precious elements of the line. Homage Vox is not only the best choice in terms of performances, but also the most “natural” solution to bring to life a voice that was still missing in the Sonus faber’s idea of an Homage home theater system.
As the rest of the speakers of the collection, Homage Vox has been created following the same criteria of new standard that brought to the reinterpretation of the past heritage and to the birth of Amati futura, Guarneri evolution and Aida, that represents their synthesis and their evolution. The heritage of the past is evident also in its shape and in the choice of materials, completely coherent and harmonious with the previous Homage speakers of Sonus faber. Homage Vox, the missing voice of your home theater system.
Sonus Faber Homage Vox Center Channel Speaker Features:
- The Stealth Reflex is the Sonus faber patented solution to implement a para-aperiodic vented system. Besides enabling to reduce the dimensions of the cabinet, better low frequency and lower distortions are reached. It has also the advantage of eliminating the port noises typical of classic bass-reflex systems.
- The Exo-Squeleton clamp is implemented by the 2 CNC machined avional nickel-plated end-covers (on the extremities of the cabinet). Their role is to control and constrain residual resonances of the enclosure walls.
- The usual coloration and resonance problems of AlMg metal cones have been eliminated by a layer-damped structure of a triple foam closed cell high hysteresis elastomer structure.
- Special attention has been given to the design of the crossover of the Homage Vox and of the entire line Homage, to address the musical criteria of Sonus faber.
Sonus Faber Homage Vox Center Channel Speaker Specifications:
- 3 way, low spurious vibration optimized, stealth reflex para-aperiodic loading, horizontal loudspeaker system.
- Lute shape design, multilayer, constrained-mode damping, enclosure formed using hand selected wood layers, quality graded and oriented for carefully optimized resonances control. Sub-structural ribs are strategically placed for absolute rejection of spurious vibrations. “New Era” avional (from “The” experience) exo-squeleton clamp structure inhibiting the residual resonances of the wooden structure.
- A Sonus faber designed 29 mm moving coil driver. The ultra-dynamic linearity is given by the new Neodymium motor system.
- Sonus faber M15XTR. A totally Sonus faber designed 150 mm ultra-dynamic linearity midrange. CCAW wire is used on a composite former “eddy current free” voice coil. The dynamically linear magnetic field motor incorporates triple Kellog/Goeller rings. A special custom diaphragm is made with a real time air dried non pressed blend of traditional cellulose pulp, kapok, kenaf and other natural fibers, developed according to the most natural sound. To further inhibit any residual cone coloration Sonus faber is using a transparent viscous surface damping coating. Special coaxial anti-compressors are used, designed to remove cavity resonance and distortions.
- 180 mm, lightweight elastomer foam damped Aluminium/Magnesium alloy cone driver in an acoustically amorphous “stealth reflex” chamber. A long-throw motor system with a 1,5” controlled “eddy current” voice coil is implemented for high speed, performance and linearity. Special coaxial anti-compressors are used, designed to remove cavity resonance and distortions.
- Non-resonant “progressive slope” design, optimized amplitude/phase response for optimal space/time performance. “Paracross topology” on both tweeter hi-pass and midrange band pass, cross-over points 250 Hz – 1.800 Hz. Highest quality components are used including Mundorf Evo Oil capacitors and Jantzen inductors.
- 50 Hz – 30.000 Hz, tuning port included.
- 89 dB SPL (2.83 V/1m).
- 4 ohm.
SUGGESTED AMPLIFIER POWER OUTPUT
- 30W – 300W, without clipping.
LONG-TERM MAXIMUM INPUT VOLTAGE (IEC-268-5)
- 20V rms.
- 310x825x390 mm (HxWxD).
- 37 Kg – net weight