Listening to music is ecstasy, seduction, rapture and intense pleasure: never should it be constriction or nuisance. This is the basis of their belief that natural and fatigue free listening are the keys to obtaining ideal sound reproduction: suggestive and sensual.
The new project confirms and modernizes another strong Sonus faber idea, of which the first Guarneri speaker was the earliest example: an acoustic instrument living in its environment becomes part of it, carrying out the functions of both a music source as well as being a beautiful piece of furniture. The design choices, the finishes of the new materials, the increased quality of the craftsmanship and the extreme attention paid to every detail are, just like the sound produced, the enhanced expression of this concept and the most concrete testimony that their everlasting values are not only deeply-rooted in the present, but also strengthened thanks to an Evolution process. Guarneri Evolution expresses the renewal of continuity. An evolution made possible thanks to the combination of patented technical solutions that were developed through experience that brought them to the production of their flagship (the Sonus faber).
Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution Compact Monitor Speaker Features:
TUNED MASS DAMPER
- The two end-covers are linked by the dual avional rear wings, functioning as a high speed mechanical interface that conveys spurious vibrations to the base of the cabinet. A Tuned Mass Damper, with multiple tuning frequencies, like on record skyscrapers and F1 cars converts the residual vibrations into heat (thermokinetics) by out-of-phase vibrations.
THE ACUSTIC ENCLOSURE
- The cabinet is the highest expression of the lute shape design. The progressive gentle curve, made of multilayer cross-grained okumè, is applied through separate smoothed layers, thus applying the technique of constrained layer damping. The acoustic environment of the transducer of mid bass is optimized to a degree of theoretical perfection. Sub-structural ribs are strategically placed inside the cabinet to strengthen it. Guarneri Evolution introduces the S.M.D.: Surface Mass Damper system that minimizes any discolouring of the cabinet.
- The ‘Anima Legata’, another derivative of the Sonus faber, is made up of two surfaces, worked and positioned orthogonally to a concentric compressed traction bar in the column. A thickening volumetric eliminates any resonance in the cavity of the column and thanks to the friction between the grains a thermo-kinetic dissipation is generated.
- The Exo-Squeleton clamp is implemented by the 2 CNC machined avional nickel-plated end-covers (on the top and on the bottom of the cabinet). Their role is to control and constrain residual resonances of the enclosure walls. The two end-covers are linked by the dual avional rear wings, functioning as a high speed mechanical interface that conveys spurious vibrations to the base of the cabinet.
Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution Compact Monitor Speaker Specifications:
- 2 way, low spurious vibration optimized suspension, stealth reflex para-aperiodic loading, compact monitor on a dedicated stand loudspeaker system.
- Lute shape design, multilayer, constrained-mode damping, enclosure formed using hand selected wood layers, quality graded and oriented for carefully optimized resonances control. Sub-structural ribs are strategically placed for absolute rejection of spurious vibrations. ‘New Era’ avional (from the experience) exo- squeleton clamp structure with The Tuned Mass Damper inhibiting the residual resonances of the wooden structure.
- 29 mm ultra-dynamic linearity classic Ragnar Lian moving coil driver, Sonus faber vibration optimized mechanical interface.
- 179 mm, ultra-dynamic linearity driver. CCAW/Kapton eddy current free voice coil. Dynamically linear magnetic field motor incorporating triple Kellog/ Goeller rings. Real time air dried and non-pressed cellulose fiber cone. Designed synergistically with its optimized acoustic chamber. A special coaxial anti-compressor are used, designed to remove cavity resonance and distortions.
- Non-resonant progressive slope design, optimized amplitude/phase response for optimal space/time performance. Paracross topology on the tweeter hi-pass. The response at low frequencies is controlled for a clear amplifier friendly performance. Highest quality is used in terms of the components: Mundorf Supreme capacitors, Jantzen inductors. Cross-over: 2800Hz.
- 40 Hz – 30.000 Hz, Stealth reflex included.
- 86 db SPL (2.83V/1 m).
- 4 ohm.
- 25W – 200W, without clipping.
- 410 x 235 x 412 mm (HxWxD).
- 37 Kg per pair – net weight
- 72 Kg per pair – net weight w/ stands
- 1205 x 320 x 510 mm (HxWxD Including Guarneri Evolution).