Sonos PLAYBAR Overview
Enjoy complete home audio system sound with one compact soundbar. The Sonos PLAYBAR acts as your front left, center channel, and front right speakers, delivering rich sound from your favorite movies and TV shows. From he PLAYBAR, you can stream music wirelessly or discover the latest hits from Internet radio stations and music services.
- Enjoy rich, wireless sound from your TV with the sound bar's nine-speaker design
- Stream your favorite music wirelessly or access over 30 music streaming services and stations
- Connect to other Sonos speakers wirelessly to create a multi-room listening experience
- Use your remote to control the PLAYBAR or use a free app from your phone
- Control all your audio with the free SONOS app
- Play everything that is connected to your TV with easy setup
- Dimensions: Height: 3.35” X Width: 35.43” X Depth: 5.51”
- Weight: 11.9 lbs
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell)
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Next-level home audio
It’s time to raise the bar for your home entertainment. Get more out of your movies and music with the Sonos PLAYBAR Wireless Streaming sound bar. This sleek, lightweight sound bar captures all of the audio excitement of a movie theater and delivers an immersive audio experience that puts you in the middle of all your favorite scenes.
This sound bar is no one trick pony. Featuring full music streaming capabilities, the Sonos PLAYBAR was built with music lovers in mind. Whether you're watching your favorite show or listening to your favorite tunes, the Sonos PLAYBAR Wireless Streaming sound bar delivers pure and powerful audio.
Wireless home theater or multi-room sound
This Sonos sound bar is the perfect foundation to build your ideal home theater around. On its own, this Sonos sound bar will improve your television’s audio capabilities. Sonos speakers connect to your PLAYBAR without any wires, so you don’t have to worry about rearranging your living area to hide cables. If you want to add more earth-rattling low end, connect to the Sonos SUB. To create an authentic surround sound or multi-room experience, connect your PLAYBAR to a pair of Sonos Ones, Sonos PLAY: 1, Sonos PLAY: 3, or Sonos PLAY: 5 speakers.
Stream your favorite music and more
The Sonos PLAYBAR streams audio from more than 30 music streaming services, so you can listen to what you want, when you want. Spotify, Pandora, iTunes – you can even check out your favorite Audiobooks and Podcasts. No matter where you get your music, the PLAYBAR will play your tunes with precise clarity.
Enhance your TV's audio
Today’s televisions are smaller, lighter, and have amazing picture quality compared to past models. Unfortunately, in order to make TV’s thin and light, manufacturers install small, weak speakers. These inferior speakers make dialogue almost impossible to hear over the music and ambient noise of a movie or TV show.
With the Sonos PLAYBAR, you won’t have to struggle to hear your television again. The folks at Sonos loaded the PLAYBAR with custom designed speakers that deliver clear dialogue, as well as a speech enhancement feature that ensures consistent volume levels. This sound bar even has a Night Mode; a feature that lets you enhance sounds at lower volumes, so you don’t have to worry about waking your neighbors or everyone else in the house during late night Netflix binge sessions.
Sonos Trueplay technology
The Sonos PLAYBAR features Trueplay technology, which allows it to analyze your room layout and adjusts how it produces sound based on factors that impact sound quality. So no matter where you place the PLAYBAR, it will produce high quality, dynamic sound.
Whether you mount it on the wall, place it beneath your television, or set it on top of a table or TV stand, the Sonos PLAYBAR is easy to set up. Plug the Playbar into your TV and into the wall for power. Then sit back and hear everything you've been missing.
Control the PLAYBAR from your TV's remote
The Sonos PLAYBAR will teach your old remote new tricks. After you plug in this sound bar, you will be walked through a step-by-step setup process that introduces the PLAYBAR to your TV remote. In less than one minute, you'll be able to control the Sonos PLAYBAR with your current remote control.
- Amplifier: Nine Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- Speakers: Not louder. Clearer. With nine amplified speakers—six midrange and three tweeters—PLAYBAR replaces the steady drip of your TV’s built-in speakers with deep booms, crystal-clear whispers, and huge waves of live concert sound. And with automatic equalization, the system self-adjusts for rich, seamless performance.
- 0 Home Theater: PLAYBAR’s nine-speaker design plunges you into the cinematic action, with huge waves of sound that raise goose bumps while capturing every whisper and footfall. The player connects to your TV with a single cable and plays all sources, including satellite boxes and game consoles.
- 1 Home Theater: Pair PLAYBAR with SUB, and with the push of a button you can add spine-curling bass to your cinematic experience—wirelessly.
- 1 Home Theater: Add PLAY:3 speakers to your PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience that plunges you deeply into the cinematic and gaming action on your screen. Sleek and understated with wireless control, this deeply immersive home theater experience wraps you in crystal-clear, state-of-the-art SONOS sound.
- System requirements: TV with optical audio output. Broadband Internet. SONOS Controller App.
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Music services supported: SONOS works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud. For a complete list see http://www.sonos.com/music.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your SONOS system to reduce WiFi interference
- SonosNet Extender: Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
- Ethernet Port: A single Ethernet port can connect PLAYBAR to a wired home network. A second Ethernet port can be used to share the network connection with other devices in your network.
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- Side panel button: Volume up, volume down and mute
- Side panel LEDs: Indicate PLAYBAR status
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.35 x 35.43 x 5.51 in. (85 x 900 x 140 mm)
- Weight: 11.9 lbs. (5.4kg)
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Package contents: PLAYBAR, AC power cord, optical audio cable, warranty and regulatory booklet, and Quickstart Guide
- Multi-language support: SONOS System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Control: Control PLAYBAR volume and mute using your existing TV, cable or universal remote. Or download the free SONOS app to control PLAYBAR from your, smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac computer.
- Supported devices: PLAYBAR works with all amplified and non-amplified SONOS products. PLAYBAR connects to your TV using a single optical cable and plays all sources connected to the TV, including cable boxes and game consoles.
* Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply. Note: All specifications subject to change without notice.
Customer Reviews for Sonos PLAYBAR Wireless Streaming HiFi Sound Bar (Black)
1 month ago
3 months ago
8 months ago
I am having trouble in getting the surround to work on the this however, it seems to want to switch to a wireless system, which is different than the rest of my speakers in our house. With that, it seems to not want to stream music with the rest of the house.
I love it
On the bright side, the sound quality is solid for both TV/movies and music.
It's a shame that Sonos has allowed a relatively popular product with decent audio quality to languish for six years without at least a refresh.