Enjoy complete home audio system sound with one compact soundbar. The Sonos PLAYBAR acts as your front left, center channel, and front right speakers, delivering rich sound from your favorite movies and TV shows. Unlike other soundbars, the PLAYBAR is a stand-alone Sonos player, allowing you to stream music wirelessly or discover the latest hits from Internet radio stations and music services.
- Enjoy richer, more dynamic sound from your TV with nine-speaker design
- Stream your favorite music wirelessly or access music services and stations
- Play everything that is connected to your TV with easy setup
- Use your remote to control the PLAYBAR or use a free app from your phone
SONOS PLAYBAR: The Soundbar for Music Lovers
- Complements HD television screens with richly textured HiFi sound.
- Wirelessly streams all the music on earth.
- Simple to set up, control and expand. Requires just two cords: one power cord, one optical cord (both included). Syncs with other SONOS speakers wirelessly.
- Understands and speaks most IR remotes language and can be controlled by free apps for your Android, iPhone or iPad.
- Plays all sources plugged in to your HDTV: cable/SAT boxes, Blu-ray players, and video game consoles. If it's connected to your HD TV, PLAYBAR will play it.
HiDef, meet HiFi
- HiFi sound for your television - PLAYBAR's nine-speaker design floods your home with huge waves of epic, full-theater sound for TV, Web, Movies and Video Games.
- All the music on Earth - PLAYBAR is also a stand-alone all-in-one SONOS player that allows you to wirelessly stream all the music on earth - your iTunes library, your favorite music services, and thousands of Internet radio stations, shows and podcasts.
- Easy setup - PLAYBAR connects to your TV using a single optical cable and power cord and plays everything that is connected to your TV, from cable boxes to gaming consoles.
- Wireless - No rewiring required. Connect PLAYBAR or BRIDGE to your wireless router and link all SONOS players wirelessly with one touch.NOTE: To get started, you must wire either one player or BRIDGE to your home network using a standard Ethernet cable.
- Flexible design - PLAYBAR can sit above or beneath your TV on a table or a console, or mounted horizontally against a wall.
- Universal audio - PLAYBAR speaks DOLBY DIGITAL and stereo, so you never miss a moment of the action.
ACCESS ALL THE MUSIC ON EARTH
- Pre-loaded Internet radio stations free of charge - Get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts -- all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer. Browse for stations or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
- Endless music from the most popular online music services - SONOS works seamlessly with Amazon Cloud Player, AUPEO!, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Pandora, Rdio, Rhapsody, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Slacker Radio, Songl, Songza, Spotify, Stitcher SmartRadio, TuneIn, Wolfgangs Vault, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Computer-free music playback - Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations without ripping, downloading or turning on a computer. SONOS connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
- Play the music on your computer in any room - Play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes to MP3.
- Listen to music that's stored on an iPod or iPhone - Dock, charge and wirelessly play the music from an iPod or iPhone with the SONOS DOCK (sold separately).
CONTROL YOUR SONOS MUSIC SYSTEM WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE, TABLET AND MORE
- Control all your music and rooms with your Android device, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad - Free SONOS Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your SONOS players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Android Market.
- Integrated, multi-room control - If you have multiple music players, you can control what music is playing in every room in your house, from anywhere in your house. SONOS Controllers aren't tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your rooms.
- Find and play your favorite songs in an instant - Browse or search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in the home.
- Wireless connectivity - Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your SONOS system through your home WiFi network.
- Includes SONOS Controller for Mac or PC - Turn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software is included for free with every SONOS component.
- Dedicated SONOS CONTROL (sold separately) - Increase your control with a dedicated touch screen SONOS CONTROL featuring instant-on, dedicated buttons and long battery life.
SIMPLE SETUP AND EXPANDABLE DESIGN
- Expandable wireless system - Expand your music system room by room without adding wires. Add new SONOS components with the press of a single button.
AUTOMATIC SOFTWARE UPDATES
- New features and music services delivered automatically and for free - The SONOS system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the SONOS music system has been registered, SONOS will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
- Amplifier: Nine Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- Speakers: Not louder. Clearer. With nine amplified speakers—six midrange and three tweeters—PLAYBAR replaces the steady drip of your TV’s built-in speakers with deep booms, crystal-clear whispers, and huge waves of live concert sound. And with automatic equalization, the system self-adjusts for rich, seamless performance.
- 0 Home Theater: PLAYBAR’s nine-speaker design plunges you into the cinematic action, with huge waves of sound that raise goose bumps while capturing every whisper and footfall. The player connects to your TV with a single cable and plays all sources, including satellite boxes and game consoles.
- 1 Home Theater: Pair PLAYBAR with SUB, and with the push of a button you can add spine-curling bass to your cinematic experience—wirelessly.
- 1 Home Theater: Add PLAY:3 speakers to your PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience that plunges you deeply into the cinematic and gaming action on your screen. Sleek and understated with wireless control, this deeply immersive home theater experience wraps you in crystal-clear, state-of-the-art SONOS sound.
- System requirements: TV with optical audio output. Broadband Internet. SONOS Controller App.
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Music services supported: SONOS works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud. For a complete list see http://www.sonos.com/music.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your SONOS system to reduce WiFi interference
- SonosNet Extender: Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
- Ethernet Port: A single Ethernet port can connect PLAYBAR to a wired home network. A second Ethernet port can be used to share the network connection with other devices in your network.
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- Side panel button: Volume up, volume down and mute
- Side panel LEDs: Indicate PLAYBAR status
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.35 x 35.43 x 5.51 in. (85 x 900 x 140 mm)
- Weight: 11.9 lbs. (5.4kg)
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Package contents: PLAYBAR, AC power cord, optical audio cable, warranty and regulatory booklet, and Quickstart Guide
- Multi-language support: SONOS System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Control: Control PLAYBAR volume and mute using your existing TV, cable or universal remote. Or download the free SONOS app to control PLAYBAR from your, smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac computer.
- Supported devices: PLAYBAR works with all amplified and non-amplified SONOS products. PLAYBAR connects to your TV using a single optical cable and plays all sources connected to the TV, including cable boxes and game consoles.
* Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply. Note: All specifications subject to change without notice.
Incredible sound. Offers a high level of customization for sound within the App. Great for music movies sports you name it. Only downfall (and not necessarily with Sonos) is that with a optical input their desired set up is running Optical from your TV to the bar. Issue is that most TV's do not pass 5.1 via optical. This requires a HDMI/Toslink switch. Not a big deal but just one more piec
Sonos is proud of their products
Improves the sound over the internal TV speakers but to get any appreciable improvement I'm afraid you need to buy the additional speakers - becomes very expensive.||Also I would expect the TV audio to become a feed to other sonos rooms but this does not appear to be an option - disappointed.