- Amplifier: Nine Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- Speakers: Not louder. Clearer. With nine amplified speakers—six midrange and three tweeters—PLAYBAR replaces the steady drip of your TV’s built-in speakers with deep booms, crystal-clear whispers, and huge waves of live concert sound. And with automatic equalization, the system self-adjusts for rich, seamless performance.
- Home Theater: PLAYBAR’s nine-speaker design plunges you into the cinematic action, with huge waves of sound that raise goose bumps while capturing every whisper and footfall. The player connects to your TV with a single cable and plays all sources, including satellite boxes and game consoles.
- Home Theater: Pair PLAYBAR with SUB, and with the push of a button you can add spine-curling bass to your cinematic experience—wirelessly.
- Home Theater: Add PLAY:3 speakers to your PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience that plunges you deeply into the cinematic and gaming action on your screen. Sleek and understated with wireless control, this deeply immersive home theater experience wraps you in crystal-clear, state-of-the-art SONOS sound.
- System requirements: TV with optical audio output. Broadband Internet. SONOS Controller App.
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Music services supported: SONOS works seamlessly with most music services, including Apple Music, Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud. For a complete list see http://www.sonos.com/music.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your SONOS system to reduce WiFi interference
- SonosNet Extender: Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
- Ethernet Port: A single Ethernet port can connect PLAYBAR to a wired home network. A second Ethernet port can be used to share the network connection with other devices in your network.
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- Side panel button: Volume up, volume down and mute
- Side panel LEDs: Indicate PLAYBAR status
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.35 x 35.43 x 5.51 in. (85 x 900 x 140 mm)
- Weight: 11.9 lbs. (5.4kg)
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Package contents: PLAYBAR, AC power cord, optical audio cable, warranty and regulatory booklet, and Quickstart Guide
- Multi-language support: SONOS System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Control: Control PLAYBAR volume and mute using your existing TV, cable or universal remote. Or download the free SONOS app to control PLAYBAR from your, smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac computer.
- Supported devices: PLAYBAR works with all amplified and non-amplified SONOS products. PLAYBAR connects to your TV using a single optical cable and plays all sources connected to the TV, including cable boxes and game consoles.
* Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply. Note: All specifications subject to change without notice.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- Sonos Playbar
- Power cord
- Flat Ethernet cable
- Optical audio cable
- Sonos QuickStart Guide
- Legal/Warranty information
Customer Reviews for Sonos PLAYBAR Wireless Streaming HiFi Sound Bar (Black, Factory Certified Refurbished)
5 months ago
While searching online I saw World Wide Stereo had the factory refurbished Playbars and after talking to them on the phone I ordered two of these.
They came in the original factory box, wrapped just like the new Playbars that I purchased in the past. They are pristine....exactly like a new one in every way except the price. I hooked both of them up and they sound fantastic just like all Sonos speakers.
If the idea of saving a couple hundred dollars on a Playbar sounds good but you are concerned about them being refurbished, there is no reason to be. They will look and perform just like a factory new Playbar for a. better price.
5 months ago