Sonos Play:5 Overview
Do you want to fill your home with HiFi sound but dread the thought of unsightly speaker cables? Check out the Sonos PLAY: 5 - Ultimate Smart Speaker for Streaming Music. This wireless speaker is sleek, lightweight, and powerful enough to make your neighbors think they are living next to a concert hall.
- Trueplay technology delivers amazing sound in any room
- Takes up a small footprint
- Sleek and elegant design
- Humidity resistant – perfect for bathrooms and patios
- Sonos app to control all of your home audio
- Streams audio from more than 30 streaming services
- Connect to other Sonos speakers for a customized listening experience
- Add a Sub for even deeper bass response
- You can connect your audio equipment directly through the audio line-in
- 6 individually amplified speakers deliver crisp highs, full mids and deep bass
- Connects to your home WiFi to create its own dedicated network
- Sonos Play: 5 Dimensions – Height: 8.03” x Width: 14.33” x Depth: 6.06”
- Sonos Play: 5 Weight: 14lbs
- Warranty: Within 1 year of the date of original shipment for a defect; or within 45 days of the date of original shipment for any reason – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
High-Quality Audio Components
If you look inside the Sonos PLAY: 5 - Ultimate Smart Speaker for Streaming Music, you will find six speakers: Three high frequency tweeters and three bass drivers. Each speaker is matched with its very own dedicated amplifier ensuring highly detailed and lifelike audio. Highs are clear, mids are lush, and the bass is tight and powerful. Technical talk aside, the Sonos PLAY: 5 richly reproduces everything from hip-hop to heavy metal and everything in between.
What is Trueplay?
The Sonos PLAY: 5 - Ultimate Smart Speaker for Streaming Music is loaded with Trueplay technology – a true work of sonic wizardry. Trueplay allows the PLAY:5 to analyze the layout of any room it is in and adjust the way it produces sound based on room shape and size. The result is a dynamic listening experience no matter where you place the speaker.
You’ve never heard your music collection sound like this. The Sonos PLAY: 5 - Ultimate Smart Speaker for Streaming Music has a built-in RCA line-in, making it a breeze to connect a CD Player, amplified record player, FM tuner, or other portable music players.
Flexible, Expandable Sound
Sonos makes it easy for you to build the audio system of your dreams. If you want more earth rattling bass all you have to do is add a Sonos SUB. If you want to authentic stereo sound wirelessly connect your PLAY:5 to another PLAY:5, Sonos PLAY: 1, or Sonos PLAY: 3. Put them all together with a Sonos PLAYBAR and you can have theater quality surround sound in your very own home. With Sonos the possibilities are endless and wire free.
Dedicated Wireless Network
The Sonos Play: 5 connects to your Wi-Fi network or router and creates its own dedicated network ensuring uninterrupted playback. If you are putting your speaker in a remote area that’s too far to connect to your router, check out the Sonos BOOST. It will create its own dedicated network to ensure peak performance.
Endless Streaming Options
Whether you want to listen to your favorite Pandora station, share a Spotify playlist, check out the top selling tracks on Apple Music, or dive into a brand new audio book, The Sonos PLAY: 5 - Ultimate Smart Speaker for Streaming Music can play all of your favorite music streaming services and more. This Sonos wireless speaker streams audio from more than 30 music-streaming services, so you can listen to what you want when you want.
Mobile Phone Compatibility
Download the free Sonos App and take control of all of your audio right from your mobile phone. The Sonos app lets you control what you play, where you play it and how loud you want it to be. This app lets you create playlists from your own music library and lets you add songs from multiple streaming services. You can even program what rooms the songs are played in and when. The Sonos app lets you get more out of your music by giving you access to artist bios, reviews and concert listings.
Sonos Play:5 Specifications:
- Amplifier: Six Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- Tweeters: Three tweeters create a crisp and accurate high-frequency response.
- Mid-woofers: Three dedicated mid-woofers ensure the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, while also delivering a deep, rich bass.
- Audio line-in: Auto-detecting 3.5mm audio line-in connection
- Stereo Pair setting: Turn two PLAY:5s into separate left and right channel speakers for an intense stereo listening experience. Place vertically for a deeper, more focused sweet spot, or sideways for wider, more shareable sound coverage.
- 1 Home Theater: Add two PLAY:5 speakers to a PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Music services supported: Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud. For a complete list see http://www.sonos.com/streaming-music.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Apple AirPlay music sources: Connect an Apple AirPlay music source, such as an Apple AirPort Expres, to any Sonos player with line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in any or every room of the home.
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router.
- Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- SonosNet Extender: Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
- Ethernet Port: One 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- Weight: 14 lbs (6.36 kg)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 8.03 x 14.33 x 6.06 in. (203 x 364 x 154 mm)
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz, universal input
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Controls: Touch interface with volume up/down, previous/next track and play/pause.
- Status Indicator: Light indicates PLAY:5 status.
- Humidity resistant: Designed to withstand high humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:5 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
- Rubber and felt feet: Built-in rubber feet
- Multi-language support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Power cord
- Ethernet cable
- QuickStart Guide
- Legal/Warranty information
Customer Reviews for Sonos Play:5 - Ultimate Wireless Smart Speaker for Streaming Music
I already could hear the difference in the store but when I got it home and had it set up in less than 5 minutes
I was blown away by the sound of one speaker.
I definitely will add the whole system.
Sonos hit it out of the park!!!!
It was pretty easy to set up but the only bug bear I have is that I usually have to try twice to get the app to link to WiFi connection and get going. I know its not my Wi Fi and it always works on the 2nd attempt - its just a minor bug that's all.
The sound of this speaker is more than my house can handle, the walls literally bounce with the bass and I haven't touched any settings as yet :) .I listen to a lot of music, am a huge Rock fan but also into Dance music and I'm well happy so far with everything I've tried. I've previously used Bose docks via iphone's as I prefer to use Spotify but this is a far superior sound - in my humble opinion.
No regret's on this purchase, saving for the smaller speaker for Upstairs and the Sound bar as we speak :).
i have had it a few months now and i have not looked back. the sound from this one speaker is incredible. all i want to do now is purchase more for the rest of the house.