Play:3 All-In-One Wireless Music Streaming Speaker Overview
Turn your house into a concert hall with the Sonos Play:3 All-In-One Wireless Music Streaming Speaker. Bedroom, living room, office, or kitchen; it doesn’t matter where you put the Play: 3, this lightweight, wireless speaker takes up a small footprint and delivers a powerful, full range of sound that will bring new life to your favorite songs.
- Trueplay technology delivers amazing sound in any room
- Takes up a small footprint
- Sleek design
- Download the free Sonos app to control all of your audio
- Streams audio from more than 30 streaming services
- Connect to other Sonos speakers for a customized listening experience
- Add a Sub for even deeper bass response
- 3 dedicated speaker drivers deliver crisp highs, full mids and deep bass
- Connects to your home WiFi to create its own dedicated network
- Sonos Play: 3 Dimensions – Height: 5.2” x Width: 10.6” x Depth: 6.3”
- Sonos Play: 3 Weight: 5.71lbs
- Warranty: Within 1 year of the date of original shipment for a defect; or within 45 days of the date of original shipment for any reason - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The Sonos Play:3 All-In-One Wireless Music Streaming Speaker features Trueplay – a true wonder of sonic technology. Trueplay analyzes the layout of your room, takes into account furniture, wall decorations, and other factors that affect sound quality and makes adjustments to the way the Play: 3 produces sound. So, no matter where in the room you put it, the Sonos Play: 3 produces high-quality, dynamic, sound.
The Sonos Play: 3 All-In-One Wireless Music Streaming Speaker may be small, but it packs a big punch. Inside the cabinet you will find 3 individually amplified speakers that work together to deliver crisp and clear highs, lush mids, and deep bass. And, Sonos loaded the Play: 3 with a radiator that produces clean, precise and powerful bass, free of distortion at any volume. This is bass you need to hear to believe.
Easy to Expand
Sonos makes it easy for you to build the audio system of your dreams. Wirelessly connect the Sonos PLAY:3 to another PLAY:3, Sonos PLAY: 1, or Sonos PLAY: 5 for authentic stereo sound. Add the Sonos SUB for wall shaking bass. Put them all together with a Sonos PLAYBAR to create a true 5.1 surround sound system.
Worry Free, WiFi Networking
The Sonos PLAY:3 can connect to your Wi-Fi network, or network router to create its own dedicated network for uninterrupted playback. If you are putting your speaker in a remote area that’s too far to connect to your router, check out the Sonos BOOST . It will create its own dedicated network to ensure peak performance.
Limitless Streaming Options
The Sonos Play: 3 All-In-One Wireless Music Streaming Speaker plays music from all of your favorite music streaming services and more. Whether you want to listen to your favorite Pandora station, share a Spotify playlist, or listen to the top track on Apple Music, this Sonos speaker lets you hear your favorite tunes with lifelike clarity. You can even stream audiobooks and podcasts.
Android and iPhone Compatible
Take control of all your audio right from your mobile phone. Download the free SONOS app from the Google Play Store or Apple App store and control what you play, where you play it, and how loud you want it to be. This app lets you make playlists from your own music library and multiple streaming services, and program what rooms the songs are played in and when. You can even check out artist bios, reviews, and concert listings.
- Amplifier: Three Class-D digital amplifiers
- Speakers: Three driver speaker system – one tweeter, two mid-range drivers, and one bass radiator. Each driver of the product is individually powered by a dedicated amplifier.
- Stereo Pair Setting: Allows you to group two PLAY:3s in the same room with one PLAY:3 serving as the left channel and the other as the right channel.
- Audio Formats Supported:
- Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Music Services Supported: Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud.
- Operating Systems (for stored files): Windows XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet Radio Supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album Art Supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists Supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback Modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Ethernet Port: A single Ethernet port that can connect the PLAY:3 to a wired home network or allow an Ethernet device to connect through SonosNet
- Wireless Connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- Storage Temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Power Supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Weight: 5.71 lb (2.6 kg)
- Top-panel Lights: Indicate Sonos component status and Mute status
- Top-panel Buttons: Volume and Play/Pause
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.2 x 10.6 x 6.3 in. (132 x 268 x 160 mm)
- Mount: Standard 1/4" /20 threaded mounting socket
- Multi-language Support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Sonos PLAY:3
- Power cord
- Flat ethernet cable
- Quickstart Guide
Customer Reviews for Sonos Play:3 All-In-One Wireless Music Streaming Speaker
My family and I love listening to Pandora on this or the MLB App to catch some baseball.
One problem (and I found a solution) that was not mentioned. Certain older purchased songs from itunes cannot be played on Sonos (itunes fault, not Sonos) as they are protected. The solution was to purchase itunes match (cost = 25 USD per year, but just one year subscription will solve the problem), although there was a bit of time involved in updating my relevant music
We mostly listen to pop and rock music and solo instruments (classical). -
The Sonos is not unfortunately not suited for playing symphonic music or classical music with more than a few instruments. - The sound becomes muffled, and distinct instrument sounds are lost making it a noisy experience that does no justice to the work being played.
Easy to set-up and play from phone, computer, etc. The sound amplifies into several rooms - better than my old large speakers and stereo system!