The Sonos PLAY: 3
All-In-One speaker uses its state of the art digital amplifiers to deliver a
crisp, clean sound that fill any room regardless of the size. Listen to over
100,000 built in radio stations, and podcasts for free! This speaker is light
weight, energy efficient and has a built in wireless capability so you can take
it with you on the move. The versatile design of this speaker and it’s rubber
padded bottom allow you to place it anywhere without worrying about getting
- Amplifier: Three Class-D digital amplifiers
- Speakers: Three driver speaker system – one tweeter, two mid-range drivers, and one bass radiator. Each driver of the product is individually powered by a dedicated amplifier.
- Stereo Pair Setting: Allows you to group two PLAY:3s in the same room with one PLAY:3 serving as the left channel and the other as the right channel.
- Audio Formats Supported:
- Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Music Services Supported: Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud.
- Operating Systems (for stored files): Windows XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet Radio Supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album Art Supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists Supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback Modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Ethernet Port: A single Ethernet port that can connect the PLAY:3 to a wired home network or allow an Ethernet device to connect through SonosNet
- Wireless Connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- Storage Temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Power Supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Weight: 5.71 lb (2.6 kg)
- Top-panel Lights: Indicate Sonos component status and Mute status
- Top-panel Buttons: Volume and Play/Pause
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.2 x 10.6 x 6.3 in. (132 x 268 x 160 mm)
- Mount: Standard 1/4" /20 threaded mounting socket
- Multi-language Support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Sonos PLAY:3
- Power cord
- Flat ethernet cable
- Quickstart Guide
Customer Reviews for Sonos Play:3 All-In-One Wireless Music Streaming Speaker
My family and I love listening to Pandora on this or the MLB App to catch some baseball.
One problem (and I found a solution) that was not mentioned. Certain older purchased songs from itunes cannot be played on Sonos (itunes fault, not Sonos) as they are protected. The solution was to purchase itunes match (cost = 25 USD per year, but just one year subscription will solve the problem), although there was a bit of time involved in updating my relevant music
We mostly listen to pop and rock music and solo instruments (classical). -
The Sonos is not unfortunately not suited for playing symphonic music or classical music with more than a few instruments. - The sound becomes muffled, and distinct instrument sounds are lost making it a noisy experience that does no justice to the work being played.
Easy to set-up and play from phone, computer, etc. The sound amplifies into several rooms - better than my old large speakers and stereo system!