- Sonos-Designed: Hardware and software custom-designed by Sonos to produce rich, powerful HiFi sound thats crystal clear at any volume.
- Amplifier: Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- Tweeter: One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high frequency response.
- Mid-Woofer: One mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, as well as delivery of deep, rich bass.
- Stereo Pair: Turn two PLAY: 1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
- 5.1 Home Theater: Add two PLAY: 1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates. Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Music services supported: Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud.
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback Modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless Connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- SonosNet Extender: Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
- Ethernet Port: One 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- Power Supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Top-panel Buttons: Volume and Play/Pause
- Top-panel Lights: Indicate Sonos component status and Mute status
- Dimensions (H X W X D): 6.36 x 4.69 x 4.69 (in) / 161.45 X 119.7 x 119.7 (mm)
- Threaded Mount: 1/4 inch (6.75mm) / 20-thread
- Weight: 4.08 lb (1.85 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 32F to 113F (0C to 45C)
- Humidity Resistant: Designed to withstand high-humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
- Multi-language Support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- AC Power cord
- Ethernet cable
- Warranty and regulatory booklet
- Quickstart guide
Customer Reviews for Sonos Play:1 All-In-One Compact Wireless Music Streaming Speakers - Pair
4.8 / 5.0
Play 1s are the solution.
Been putting off dealing with the issue of setting up the right sound system for our house. Bought two play 1s to replace the hard wired speakers on our patio. Easy setup. Souds terrific. In fact only used one to replace the two. Ended up using the other as a rover for where ever we need one. Only problem is I didnt get a couple more, but I will.
June 30, 2019
4 months ago
4 months ago
Awesome product, very convenient and easy to set up and move around. Definitely recommend Sonos!
December 10, 2018
10 months ago
10 months ago
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
Browse 6 questions Browse 6 questions and 7 answers
How many Decibels?
Thanks for your inquiry! We don't have an exact number, since each room will affect the output differently, naturally amplifying or muting the sound. Sonos does not publish any numbers of power or output. A pair of these is usually sufficient to cover a small to midsize room decently. I recommend using a pair in rooms measuring 200 sq feet or smaller. A single speaker is sufficient for most bathrooms.
Do these come with Alexa?
Thanks for your inquiry! These can be controlled by Alexa, but do not have Alexa capability built-in. You'll need an Echo or similar device to send commands to these speakers. The newer Sonos One offers improved performance and has Alexa capability fully built in.
Can this be hooked up to a smart tv?
Thanks for your inquiry! No, these are streaming speakers and do not have any inputs for a TV to send audio to them. The Playbar, Playbase, and Beam are the only Sonos devices able to be connected directly to a TV.