Sonos Play:1 All-In-One Compact Wireless Music Streaming Speakers - The Compact Wireless Speaker That Delivers Deep, Crystal Clear HiFi Sound
No other wireless speaker packs so much HiFi sound into such a compact design. PLAY:1s sleek, versatile design easily fits anywhere your home needs music, for surprisingly big sound no matter how tight the spot. Experience your favorite music from the only wireless music system that combines warm, full-bodied sound with a powerful wireless network 100 percent devoted to streaming HiFi sound without dropouts.
- Two custom-designed drivers with dedicated amplifiers per speaker
- Stream your entire music library, popular music services, and internet radio
- Start with two, add more over time to fill your home with music
- Simple to set-up; control from anywhere with your smartphone, tablet or PC/Mac
Deep, crystal clear HiFi sound
- Hardware and software custom-designed by Sonos to produce rich, powerful sound, HiFi sound that’s crystal clear at any volume.
- Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high frequency response.
- One mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, as well as delivery of deep, rich bass.
- Turn two PLAY:1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
5.1 Home Theater
- Add two PLAY:1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
Access all the music on earth
Pre-loaded Internet radio stations, free of charge
- Get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts, all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer: browse for stations, or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
Endless music from the most popular online music services
- Sonos works seamlessly with Amazon Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Pandora, Rdio, Rhapsody, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, Songza, Spotify, Stitcher SmartRadio, Radio by TuneIn, Concert Vault, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
Computer-free music playback
- Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations without ripping, downloading, or even turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
Play the music on your computer in any room
- Play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes to MP3.
Other cool features
Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your house
- When wirelessly connected to a BRIDGE or another player, you can use the Ethernet port on the back of your PLAY:1 to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or network hard drive.
- Designed to withstand high-humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
Top-panel play/pause controls
- Provides quick access to music, volume and play/pause controls when you don’t have a controller in hand. Press the mute button once to start or stop the music and twice to skip to the next track.
Control your Sonos music system with your smartphone, tablet and more
Control all your music and rooms with your Android device, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
- Free Sonos Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your Sonos players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
Integrated, multi-room control
- If you have multiple music players, you can control what music is playing in every room in your house, from anywhere in your house. Sonos Controllers aren’t tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your rooms.
Find and play your favorite songs in an instant
- Browse or search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in the home.
- Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your Sonos system through your home WiFi network.
Includes Sonos Controller for Mac or PC
- Turn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software is included for free with every Sonos component.
Wireless multi-room music with SonosNet
Built-in wireless capability
- The PLAY:1 can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Music players and controllers work on your home WiFi network, or they can establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance if your home WiFi isn’t reliable enough.
Play a different song in every room, at the same time
- Tune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room — simultaneously.
Listen to the same song in every room, in perfect synchronization
- Play the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your rooms grouping and still be in sync.
Simple setup and expandable design
- No technical or wireless expertise required. Put a PLAY:1 in any room where you want music and connect it to your home WiFi network using the free Sonos Controller App. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Sonos CONTROL. With the touch of a few buttons, you’ll be playing music all over the house in minutes.
Expandable wireless system
- Expand your wireless music system room by room. Wirelessly add more PLAY:1s to your house and enjoy true multi-room music.
Simple to move
- The PLAY:1 is so small that it is easy to move to the backyard, deck or any other room. Simply pick it up, plug it in, and enjoy the music.
Automatic software updates
New features and music services delivered automatically — and for free
- The Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
- Sonos-Designed: Hardware and software custom-designed by Sonos to produce rich, powerful HiFi sound thats crystal clear at any volume.
- Amplifier: Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- Tweeter: One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high frequency response.
- Mid-Woofer: One mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, as well as delivery of deep, rich bass.
- Stereo Pair: Turn two PLAY: 1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
- 5.1 Home Theater: Add two PLAY: 1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates. Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Music services supported: Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud.
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback Modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless Connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- SonosNet Extender: Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
- Ethernet Port: One 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- Power Supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Top-panel Buttons: Volume and Play/Pause
- Top-panel Lights: Indicate Sonos component status and Mute status
- Dimensions (H X W X D): 6.36 x 4.69 x 4.69 (in) / 161.45 X 119.7 x 119.7 (mm)
- Threaded Mount: 1/4 inch (6.75mm) / 20-thread
- Weight: 4.08 lb (1.85 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 32F to 113F (0C to 45C)
- Humidity Resistant: Designed to withstand high-humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
- Multi-language Support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- AC Power cord
- Ethernet cable
- Warranty and regulatory booklet
- Quickstart guide
Sonos Play:1, better than expected...
I had been considering the Amazon Echo or Google Home as a music device connected to WiFi because that was the hype for the season. Never to be one who follows the trend, I shopped for alternatives that I could expand on and more importantly, not have to have conversations with by accident or have to tell at it when the music was too loud. I stumbled on the Sonos Play:1 and I am glad I did. More for my wife than myself...It is easy to use and she hates technology, so this is a winner. Sounds great, tons of music services and expandable for my outdoor system in the summer. It was a no lose option and I couldn't be more thrilled. Highly recommend.