SONOS Play:1 Specifications:
- Sonos-Designed: Hardware and software custom-designed by Sonos to produce rich, powerful HiFi sound thats crystal clear at any volume.
- Amplifier: Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- Tweeter: One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high frequency response.
- Mid-Woofer: One mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, as well as delivery of deep, rich bass.
- Stereo Pair: Turn two PLAY: 1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
- 5.1 Home Theater: Add two PLAY: 1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates. Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Music services supported: Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud.
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback Modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless Connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- SonosNet Extender: Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
- Ethernet Port: One 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- Power Supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Top-panel Buttons: Volume and Play/Pause
- Top-panel Lights: Indicate Sonos component status and Mute status
- Dimensions (H X W X D): 6.36 x 4.69 x 4.69 (in) / 161.45 X 119.7 x 119.7 (mm)
- Threaded Mount: 1/4 inch (6.75mm) / 20-thread
- Weight: 4.08 lb (1.85 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 32F to 113F (0C to 45C)
- Humidity Resistant: Designed to withstand high-humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
- Multi-language Support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
Browse 2 questions Browse 2 questions and 2 answers
Why did you choose this?
World Wide Stereo Store
Would this work with a Mac mini?
These will not connect directly to a computer, they're designed to be part of a Wifi based multi-room housewide music distribution system.