- Play music from your PC and the Internet for improved sound without wires
- Conveniently connect to a receiver or powered speaker in your home
- Gain access to millions of songs and radio stations
- Directly control music from your Apple devices
CONNECT Wireless HiFi Player - Turn Your Stereo Or Home Theater Into A Music Streaming System
- Stream all the music on earth to your stereo
- Wireless, easy to set up music player
- Play alone, or link to other Sonos music players in your home
- Control from anywhere with your smartphone or tablet
FITS INTO YOUR FAVORITE AUDIO SYSTEM
Connects to a home theater system or external amplifier
- Seamlessly integrates your home theater system and other audio devices into your Sonos Multi-Room Music System.
Analog and digital audio output
- Enjoy superior audio quality with analog, optical and coaxial digital audio outputs engineered for premium performance. Fixed or variable audio output options provide flexible volume control.
Tone and volume controls adjustable for each room
- Optimize sound performance for each room using room-specific bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls. Adjust volume by individual room or by groups of rooms
ACCESS ALL THE MUSIC ON EARTH
Pre-loaded Internet radio stations free of charge
- Get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts -- all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer. Browse for stations or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
Endless music from the most popular online music services
- Sonos works seamlessly with Amazon Cloud Player, AUPEO!, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Pandora, Rdio, Rhapsody, SiriusXMTM Internet Radio, Slacker Radio, Songl, Songza, Spotify, Stitcher SmartRadioTM, TuneIn, Wolfgangs Vault, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
Computer-free music playback
- Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations without ripping, downloading or turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
Play the music on your computer in any room
- Play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes to MP3.
Stream music from an iPhone, iPadTM or iPod touch
- Sonos wirelessly plays your iTunes music, direct from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, to any room in your home.
Listen to music thats stored on an iPod or iPhone
- Dock, charge and wirelessly play the music from an iPod or iPhone with the SONOS DOCK (sold separately).
Play music and audio from a CD or MP3 player, TV and more throughout the home
- An analog audio input lets you connect to an external audio source (such as a CD or MP3 player, TV, DVD, VCR, or radio) and play that music or audio on all Sonos players in the system.
OTHER COOL FEATURES
Wake up to music
- Set the alarm and wake up to your favorite music or Internet radio station in one room, or all over the house. Just hit snooze to get a few minutes more sleep. Fall asleep to soothing music with the sleep timer.
Schedule your music
- Use the scheduler to play music at a specific time for a set duration great for that 30-minute workout.
Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your house
- The CONNECT has a two-port Ethernet switch to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or NAS drive.
Includes Sonos Desktop Controller software and setup software for your computer
- Control all your music and all your rooms from any computer or laptop in your house. Setup software facilitates music sharing so music folders on your hard drive can be shared across all Sonos players.
Front-panel volume controls
- Provides quick access to volume and mute controls when you don't have a Controller in hand.
CONTROL YOUR SONOS MUSIC SYSTEM WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE, TABLET AND MORE
Control all your music and rooms with your AndroidTM device, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPadTM
- Free Sonos Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your Sonos players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Android MarketTM.
Integrated, multi-room control
- If you have multiple music players, you can control what music is playing in every room in your house, from anywhere in your house. Sonos Controllers arent tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your rooms.
Find and play your favorite songs in an instant
- Browse or search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in the home.
- Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your Sonos system through your home WiFi network.
Includes Sonos Controller for Mac or PC
- Turn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software is included for free with every Sonos component.
Dedicated Sonos CONTROL (sold separately)
- Increase your control with a dedicated touch screen SONOS CONTROL featuring instant-on, dedicated buttons and long battery life.
MUSIC WITH SONOSNET
Built-in wireless capability
- The CONNECT can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Players and Controllers establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance you need to get music all over your house.
SonosNet wireless mesh network technology
- Provides whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Incorporating sophisticated MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) technology, SonosNet uses multiple antennas and radios together to boost signal strength and reach remote locations.
- Works with any mix of Sonos components
- Compatible with all previous generations of Sonos players, CONTROL, and BRIDGE
Play a different song in every room, at the same time
- Tune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room simultaneously.
Listen to the same song in every room, in perfect synchronization
- Play the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your rooms grouping and still be in sync.
SIMPLE SETUP AND EXPANDABLE DESIGN
- No technical or wireless expertise required. Put a CONNECT in any room where you want music, then plug in and connect to speakers. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Controller. With the touch of a few buttons, youll be playing music all over the house in minutes.
Expandable wireless system
- Expand your music system room by room without adding wires. Add new Sonos components with the press of a single button.
AUTOMATIC SOFTWARE UPDATES
New features and music services delivered automatically and for free
- The Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
- Line-in connections: Auto-detecting analog (RCA) line-in connection.
- Line-out connections: Analog (RCA), digital (optical and coaxial)
- Sound quality: THD+N <0.009%, 20Hz-20kHz
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Music services supported: Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Apple AirPlay music sources: Connect an Apple AirPlay music source, such as an Apple AirPort Express to any Sonos player with line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in any or every room of the home.Connect an Apple AirPort Express to any Sonos player via line-in and stream songs from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch all over your home.
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Network bridging: 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Wireless connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.91 x 5.35 x 5.51 in (74 x 136 x 140 mm)
- Weight: 1.5 lb (0.69 kg)
- Product finish: White / high-quality polycarbonate material
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Multi-language support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Power supply: AC 100/240, 50-60 Hz
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Front panel lights: Indicate Sonos component status and Mute status
- Front panel buttons: Volume and Play/Pause
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Power cord
- Flat Ethernet cable
- Quickstart Guide
- 1 RCA stereo audio cable
- 1 stereo mini to RCA Y-audio cable
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
Customer Reviews for Sonos CONNECT Wireless HiFi Player (Formerly ZP90)
The Sonos Connect delivers my newly digitized CD collection to my analog amp, and household speaker system, flawlessly. Have it in play for 5-months and am totally satisfied. I do not have a need for playing music from a mobile device (iPhone or iPad), but it plays the music files stored on my NETWORKED hard drive, that I select from the Sonos Program on my computer. After setting up music queue, I am able to shut down the computer and enjoy the sounds.
Since music can be played only through Sonos controller I suggest following improvements:
- ability to change duration of the Crossfade
- ability to enable Crossfade on skip to next song
Support for Blackberry phones would be really nice - android version works on BB but with occasional hick-ups... I believe that large base of potential customers own the BB.