- Enjoy dynamic sound with 55-watt-per-channel amplifier
- Connect to a pair of speakers and play music wirelessly
- Gain access to millions of songs and radio stations
- Directly control music from your Apple and Android devices
CONNECT:AMP Wireless HiFi Player - Turn Your Speakers Into A Music Streaming System With Sonos' High-Powered Amplifier
- Stream all the music on earth to your speakers
- Wireless, easy to set up music player
- Play alone, or link to other Sonos music players in your home
- Control everything from your smartphone or tablet
POWERFUL DIGITAL AMPLIFIER DELIVERS AUDIOPHILE-QUALITY SOUND IN ANY ROOM
Built-in, powerful digital amplifier
- Powers large or small speakers with 55W per channel.
- State of the art, great sounding amplifier is small, lightweight and very energy efficient.
- Operates silently all you hear is the music, as the amplifier is kept cool by the aluminum casing, not by a noisy fan.
Tone and volume controls adjustable for each room.
- Optimize sound performance for each room using room-specific bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls. Adjust volume by individual room or by groups of rooms.
Subwoofer output with automatic crossover
- When adding a subwoofer, the CONNECT:AMP automatically adjusts the output to send the low frequencies to the subwoofer and the high frequencies to the speaker.
ACCESS ALL THE MUSIC ON EARTH
Pre-loaded Internet radio stations free of charge
- Get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts -- all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer. Browse for stations or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
Endless music from the most popular online music services
- Sonos works seamlessly with Amazon Cloud Player, AUPEO!, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Pandora, Rdio, Rhapsody, SiriusXMTM Internet Radio, Slacker Radio, Songl, Songza, Spotify, Stitcher SmartRadioTM, TuneIn, Wolfgangs Vault, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
Computer-free music playback
- Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations without ripping, downloading or turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
Play the music on your computer in any room
- Play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes to MP3.
Stream music from an iPhone, iPadTM or iPod touch
- Sonos wirelessly plays your iTunes music, direct from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, to any room in your home.
Listen to music thats stored on an iPod or iPhone
- Dock, charge and wirelessly play the music from an iPod or iPhone with the SONOS DOCK (sold separately).
Play music and audio from a CD or MP3 player, TV and more throughout the home
- An analog audio input lets you connect to an external audio source (such as a CD or MP3 player, TV, DVD, VCR, or radio) and play that music or audio on all Sonos players in the system.
OTHER COOL FEATURES
Wake up to music
- Set the alarm and wake up to your favorite music or Internet radio station in one room, or all over the house. Just hit snooze to get a few minutes more sleep. Fall asleep to soothing music with the sleep timer.
Schedule your music
- Use the scheduler to play music at a specific time for a set duration great for that 30-minute workout.
Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your house
- The CONNECT:AMP has a two-port Ethernet switch to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or NAS drive.
Includes Sonos Desktop Controller software and setup software for your computer
- Control all your music and all your rooms from any computer or laptop in your house. Setup software facilitates music sharing so music folders on your hard drive can be shared across all Sonos players.
Front-panel volume controls
- Provides quick access to volume and mute controls when you don't have a Controller in hand.
CONTROL YOUR SONOS MUSIC SYSTEM WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE, TABLET AND MORE
Control all your music and rooms with your AndroidTM device, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPadTM
- Free Sonos Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your Sonos players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Android MarketTM.
Integrated, multi-room control
- If you have multiple music players, you can control what music is playing in every room in your house, from anywhere in your house. Sonos Controllers arent tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your rooms.
Find and play your favorite songs in an instant
- Browse or search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in the home.
- Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your Sonos system through your home WiFi network.
Includes Sonos Controller for Mac or PC
- Turn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software is included for free with every Sonos component.
Dedicated Sonos CONTROL (sold separately)
- Increase your control with a dedicated touch screen SONOS CONTROL featuring instant-on, dedicated buttons and long battery life.
MUSIC WITH SONOSNET
Built-in wireless capability
- The CONNECT:AMP can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Players and Controllers establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance you need to get music all over your house.
SonosNet wireless mesh network technology
- Provides whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Incorporating sophisticated MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) technology, SonosNet uses multiple antennas and radios together to boost signal strength and reach remote locations.
- Works with any mix of Sonos components
- Compatible with all previous generations of Sonos players, CONTROL, and BRIDGE
Play a different song in every room, at the same time
- Tune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room simultaneously.
Listen to the same song in every room, in perfect synchronization
- Play the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your rooms grouping and still be in sync.
SIMPLE SETUP AND EXPANDABLE DESIGN
- No technical or wireless expertise required. Put a CONNECT:AMP in any room where you want music, then plug in and connect to speakers. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Controller. With the touch of a few buttons, you'll be playing music all over the house in minutes.
Expandable wireless system
- Expand your music system room by room without adding wires. Add new Sonos components with the press of a single button.
AUTOMATIC SOFTWARE UPDATES
New features and music services delivered automatically and for free
- The Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
Line-in connections: Auto-detecting analog (RCA) line-in connection.
Amplifier: Class-D. Rated output 110W RMS (2x55W continuous average power into 8 ohms, THD+N<0.02%) with both channels driven, 22Hz-20KHZ-AES17 measurement bandwidth.
Speaker connections: Spring binding posts (in North America the CONNECT:AMP has the combined spring binding post / banana jack connectors).
Subwoofer out: Auto detecting RCA type, 80Hz crossover
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Music services supported: Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud. For a complete list see http://www.sonos.com/streaming-music.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Apple AirPlay music sources: Connect an Apple AirPlay music source, such as an Apple AirPort Express to any Sonos player with line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in any or every room of the home.Connect an Apple AirPort Express to any Sonos player via line-in and stream songs from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch all over your home.
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity:
- Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router.
- Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- Network bridging: 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.50 x 7.28 x 8.15 in. (89 x 185 x 207 mm)
- Weight: 5.1 lb (2.3 kg)
- Power Supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Front panel buttons: Volume and Play/Pause
- Front panel lights: Indicate Sonos component status and Mute status
- Product finish: Anodized precision machined extrusion aluminum case. Aluminum casing also facilitates passive cooling
- Multi-language support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Sonos CONNECT:AMP
- Power cord
- Flat Ethernet cable
- Quickstart Guide
Music music everywhere and NO WIRES!
The future of housewide music is here today. Used to be you had to eject a disc and carry it to another stereo system in another room if you wanted your music in more than one room. After that you had to run wires from room to room to room to have your music with you. If you lived in an older home there was always a possibility that wires could not be fished through stone or old plaster and you w