SIM2 NERO Line
In the NERO, SIM2’s renowned product development team has created a projector line with the color accuracy and image clarity normally only associated with larger and more costly projectors, which is quite an achievement. That such a compact chassis can generate the image quality of these larger projectors is very impressive; that it also outperforms many of them, in terms of color rendition and contrast ratio, is quite exceptional. NERO has the perfect balance of power, precision and innovation.
SIM2 has taken the same high quality optics and electronics from our renowned 3-Chip LUMIS 3D-S line to create a state-of –the-art the single-chip DLP projector series. Partnering the latest DLP® chipset with SIM2’s new ALPHAPATH™ light engine - with its precision glass optics - produces images with excellent clarity and realism.
The NERO line is designed for use in Reference Home Theaters, Media Rooms and Family/Games Rooms – in both 2D and 3D*.
SIM2’s NERO projectors utilize SIM2 active 3D technology, with advanced processing electronics to ensure that your 3D viewing is free from the flickering, ghosting and motion ‘shudder’ suffered by most 3D displays to bring the real cinema 3D experience into your home.
For ease of installation, a choice of three high quality glass lenses (T1, T2 & T3) is available for the NERO line, giving the projectors a total throw ratio of 1.37-3.9:1.
Taking styling cues from the LUMIS series, the NERO line sports an elegant Giorgio Revoldini designed cabinet in a contemporary soft-touch black finish.
Groundbreaking technology in a compact form factor, room-friendly and desirable, the NERO series has it all.
Compact and commanding, NERO 3D-1 shares much of the technology from SIM2’s award-winning LUMIS 3-chip series to bring a world of entertainment into your living room. NERO 3D-1 is compatible with all of today’s video sources, including 3D*.
A choice of three lenses along with PureMovie, PureMotion 2D and PureMotion 3D user modes make NERO 3D-1 a very versatile projector.
The NERO 3D-1 utilizes DarkChip 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixel resolution) and SIM2’s patented ALPHAPATH™ optical light engine in its design; this combination of digital micro-mirror device and precision glass optics produces images of excellent clarity and color accuracy.
A powerful 280W lamp provides up to 1.600 lumens of light output and a native contrast ratio of 10,000:1.
New Live Colors Calibration 2.0 Software
To aid calibration, the LUMIS 3D-S, Cinema, and NERO projectors – as well as the MICO 150 model - feature the new SIM2’s advanced Live Colors Calibration 2.0 software that enables professional calibration of all projection parameters such as complete adjustment of the primary, secondary and white point color coordinates. This PC-based software gives calibration experts unprecedented control over the projector image quality. The image can be further optimized by using one of the four sets of gamma curves available. These can be used to correct for variations in the source material, differing levels of ambient lighting
or simply to allow for individual viewing preferences.
LCC2 New Features:
• 2 memories per 2D/3D mode – Total of four
• Target gamut and white point information
• Color probe feedback from X-rite Hubble
• Automatic colors adjustments with feedback from color probe X-rite Hubble
- Auto-Adj. Coordinate x,y
- Auto-Adj. Gains
• Projector status alignment
• Native projector colors measure and update
• Available commands to pre-adjusting projector image (bright., contrast and gamma)
• 2 user gamma customization for 2D/3D mode
• More powerful color management panels
SIM2’s PureMovie & PureMotion
SIM2’s engineers have designed the 3D active system models with three user modes, each optimized for the various demands of movie, sports and 3D viewing:
• PureMovie (2D): allows a pure presentation of the signal coming from your source: all but the most basic circuitry is bypassed in order to ensure a more “film-like” viewing experience. SIM2’s PureMovie allows the delivery of the widest contrast ratio and deepest black level performance from the projector.
• PureMotion (2D): has been specifically designed for fast-motion video material, resulting in smooth motion, free from the ‘smear’ or ‘judder’ that can affect the image. The PureMotion mode is particularly suited to fast-action sports viewing, where the ability to easily follow the action, regardless of its intensity, is paramount.
• PureMotion 3D: is SIM2’s implemententation of the next level in reality reproduction: 3D video visualization. PureMotion includes the state-of-the-art of 3D technologies in order to ensure 3D viewing free of flickering, ghosting and motion “shudder” suffered by most 3D displays.