The Samsung HT-J5500W is a True Out of the Box Home Entertainment System What are you looking for in a home-entertainment system? The simple answer is amazing sound and picture, countless media and streaming options, and easy-to-install speakers. The Samsung HT-J5500W checks all of these boxes, and provides a wide variety of features that give this system the versatility you need for a modern home entertainment hub.
- HD Upconversion enhances your DVDs to HD quality picture
- 3D compatible with Samsung 3D television and 3D glasses
- 5.1 Channel home theater for full surround sound
- Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus and Crystal Amp Plus features
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows access to streaming services like Netflix and Pandora
- Opera TV Store turns any TV into a Smart TV
- Bluetooth capability means you can stream music from a smartphone, tablet or PC
- Rear-speaker module cuts down on wire clutter
- Dimensions: (w x h x d) 16.9” x 2.2” x 8.8”
- Weight: 4.2 pounds
- Warranty: one year factory limited
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Feel and Experience the Sights and Sounds
The Samsung HT-J5500W offers a beautiful, full HD viewing experience. With HD Upconversion, your DVDs will be upgraded to full HD. All of those old movies you love but have worn out thanks to constant viewings will seem like new experiences thanks to these enhancements. You can also inhabit a 3D world with the Samsung HT-J5500W. All you’ll need is a Samsung 3D-compatible television and 3D glasses, then sit on the edge of your seat as characters jump off the screen and sit down next to you.
True Samsung Surround Sound
The Samsung HT-J5500W, a 5.1 Channel entertainment center also comes fully equipped with an amazingly advanced audio setup. Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital Plus both improve the sound quality, specifically the bass and crispness. This Samsung home entertainment system also features Crystal Amp Plus - technology that eliminates excess noise and boosts clarity. The HDMI connection sends video and audio through a single cable, which makes the art of entertaining a little more simple. This streamlined process improves audio quality tremendously.
The Samsung HT-J5500W has built-in Wi-Fi which means you’ll have access to movies, TV shows, apps, games and music. Accessing and streaming, sites like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and Pandora is remarkably easy. Another cool characteristic of the Samsung HT-J5500W is the Opera TV Store. It turns any TV into a Smart TV and allows you access to 250-plus apps. The built in Bluetooth functionality helps you to stream from compatible devices like your smartphone, tablet or home computer, to the Samsung HT-J5500W. The included USB portal to connects directly to your personal library of songs, videos, or pictures.
No one wants his or her living room cluttered with wires. It’s unsightly and you could trip! The Samsung HT-J5500W has an astonishing rear-speaker module which cuts down on the amount of wires in the viewing area. You plug the speakers into the module in the back of the room and listen in piercing surround sound.
- Number of Channels: 5.1 Ch
- Total Power (W): 1000 W
- Disc Capacity: 1
- Packing Type: One Packing
- Deck Type: Tray
- USB Recording (Data Disc to USB): Yes
- Demo Contents Built-In: Yes
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Yes
- BD Wise: 10
- Crystal Amp: Yes
- Network Service: Native Apps, Opera TV
- Dolby Digital: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby True HD: Yes
- DTS: DTS 96/24, DTS-HD Master Audio
- DTS Digital Surround: Yes
- User EQ: Yes
- Power Bass: Yes
- Number of Sound Modes (DSP): 8
- Video Upscale (DVD): Yes
- BD Profile: 5.0
- BD Live: Yes
- Quick Start Mode: Yes
- Center: Full Range
- Front: Full Range
- Subwoofer: Passive Subwoofer
- Surround: Full Range
- Type (Tallboy/Satellite): Satellite
- Front Speaker Model Name: JS2
- Rear Speaker Model Name: JS1
- Center Speaker Model Name: JC2
- Subwoofer Speaker Model Name: FW5
AV Decoding Format
- MP3: Yes
- WMA: Yes
- FLAC: Yes
- AAC: Yes
- AVCHD 1.0: Yes
- LPCM: Yes
- HD JPEG: Yes
- WMV: 1,2,3,7,9
- JPEG: Yes
- Audio Inputs: 1
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- HDMI Out: 1
- Optical Inputs: 1
- USB: 1 Each
- Wireless Module Included: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- DLNA: Yes
- Ethernet: Yes
- Bluetooth Power-On: Yes
- Battery: Yes
- Blu-ray: Yes
- DVD/DVD+-R/DVD+-RW: Yes
- 3D Blu-ray: Yes
Dimensions & Weight
- Product Dimensions (W x H x D): 16.9” x 2.2” x 8.8”
- Product Weight (LB): 4.2 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions (W x H x D): 37.2" x 12.9" x 13.1"
- Shipping Weight (LB): 26.5 lbs
- Spk (Center) Net Dimension (W x H x D): 10.6" x 3.4" x 4"
- Spk (Center) Net Weight: 1.3 lbs
- Spk (Front) Net Dimension (W x H x D): 3.3" x 6.7" x 4"
- Spk (Front) Net Weight: 1.0 lbs
- Spk (Subwoofer) Net Dimension (W x H x D): 10" x 11.7" x 10"
- Spk (Subwoofer) Net Weight: 10.1 lbs
- Spk (Surround) Net Dimension (W x H x D): 3.3" x 5.1" x 4"
- Spk (Surround) Net Weight (LB): 0.9 lbs
- FM: Yes
- Number of Preset: 15
- Remote Control: TM1241
- Antenna: Yes
- Battery: Yes
Customer Reviews for Samsung HT-J5500W 5.1-Channel 3D Home Entertainment System With WiFi/Bluetooth
Setup was easy, I probably spent more time taking the other system down than I did setting this one up.
Sound input from our cable box was a breeze.
We really like how quick the system itself functions (when a disc is inserted, it's loaded quickly, if you choose the netflix app, it loads quickly). Bluetooth connects really quickly to our iphones - making music for dinner or a get-together very simple to set up.
The wireless surround speakers are also very convenient, because you don't have to trail speaker wires from your system across your room (To clarify, the surround [rear] speakers connect via speaker wires to a control box that can sit in the back of your room or behind your couch. The box plugs in [speakers aren't battery powered], but it receives a wireless surround signal from the system.)
Lastly, the system and speakers look nice. The AV receiver/blu-ray player fits nicely in our TV cabinet where our other system fit. In fact, since it has a built-in blu-ray player, our cabinet nets extra space compared to before.
We're only a few days into this system (August 2016), but we really like it. I will update the review if something changes, but so far we would buy this product again, and certainly recommend it as a budget all-in-one entertainment system.