Classic Rotel Audiophile Quality for Exceptional Theater Performance
The RSP-1572’s advanced design builds upon a progression of outstanding home theater processors that have received critical acclaim around the globe. The RSP-1572 features important new technologies such as HDMI 1.4 with 3D capability, and it offers six HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs, with one HDMI output having ARC capability (Audio Return Channel). The ARC in HDMI 1.4 enables a TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data “upstream” to an A/V receiver or surround audio controller, increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connections.
A USB front input for iPod/iPhone/iPad or other MP3 player use is provided. The USB input provides a digital connection so that the RSP-1572’s high quality 24-bit/192kHz DACs provide the crucial decoding. Additionally, the preamp/processor incorporates Bluetooth operation via an included wireless dongle, allowing streaming audio playback from tablets, phones, computers, or other Bluetooth enabled devices. To provide even more audio versatility, the preamplifier includes a 10-band parametric EQ and advanced bass management.
Video signals are handled by the latest generation Faroudja Torina FLI30336 Cortez Advanced Platform offering the most robust set of Faroudja DCDi Cinema video processing technologies available. Torino combines unique analog and digital processing to drastically reduce video noise without sacrificing image quality and sharpness. It also offers next-generation Faroudja RealColor color management technologies. The Faroudja Torino includes an integrated 3D video decoder. The RSP-1572 is designed to properly handle 3D video signals, whether from Blu-ray players or set-top boxes. The RSP-1572 supports all traditional audio and video processing features with Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS HD, and more. Dual 32-bit DSP’s and 24-bit/192kHz audio DACs ensure high sound quality and performance.
Multizone outputs provide composite video and analog audio for up to 3 zones. Zone control includes source selection, volume, and on/off. The RSP-1572 front panel display shows current source, volume, and DSP mode. The OSD is available for customer setup using the HDMI, Component, or Composite main video outputs.
Most importantly, however, is the performance of the RSP-1572. Rotel has paid very careful attention to all of the board level components, circuit design, and power supply execution to ensure that the RSP-1572 is the very best preamp/processor available to come from this highly respected audio company.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17" x 5.7" x 13.4"
- Weight: 21 lbs.
- Power requirements: 120V, 60Hz
- Power consumption: 60W
- Standby power consumption: 0.5W
- BTU rating: 205 BTU/h
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): (20Hz - 20kHz) < 0.008%
- Frequency response
- Analog bypass: 10Hz - 120kHz ± 3dB
- Digital inputs: 10Hz - 95kHz ± 0.3dB
- S/N ratio (IHF "A" weighted)
- Analog bypass: 95dB
- Digital inputs: 92dB
- Intermodulation distortion (60Hz:7kHz, 4:1): < 0.008%
- Input sensitivity: 200mV
- Input impedance 100kΩ
- Preout level: 1V
- Output impedance: 1kΩ
- Decodable front USB formats: MP3, WAV, WMA, Ogg Vorbis (up to 48kHz 16-bit)
- Decodable digital input signals: Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES 96/24, LPCM up to 192kHz
- Video input resolutions: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1080p/24Hz, 3D
- Video output resolutions: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1080p/24Hz, 3D
- Video S/N ratio: 45dB
- Video input impedance: 75Ω
- Video output impedance: 75Ω
- Video output level: 1V
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- RSP-1572 7.1 HDMI Surround Processor/Preamplifier
- Power cord
- USB Bluetooth dongle