Setting New Audio Standards
Rotel has been designing and manufacturing award-winning power amplifiers for over 50 years. That considerable expertise has now been applied to a new generation of rackmount custom installation amplifiers that set new standards for performance, reliability, and ease of installation.
The RKB-850 is rated at 8 x 50 Watts RMS into 8 ohms all channels driven, and can double that output into 4 ohms as a result of its sophisticated, efficient Class D design. The amplifier is rugged and extremely reliable, but Rotel has gone one step further to maximize long service life by utilizing dual thermostatically controlled fans to exhaust heat away from the output modules and power supply.
One of the many custom-friendly features the RKB-850 offers is input linking. A second input can source from any ‘upstream’ input - so B can source from A, C can source from B and D can source from C. You can create four individual stereo zones, two dual zones or three common zones plus an individual zone. In other words, two Sonos Connects (for instance) might be divided between kitchen and patio (A+B zones) and Master Bedroom and Bath (C+D).
Other features include input signal sensing, buffered link output, a sum-to-mono feature, a rear panel RS232 connection allowing connection to automation systems to provide full control and feedback, and four front panel trim pots to allow easy level adjustment to balance zones.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17" x 3.9" x 16.7"
- Weight: 20 lbs.
- Power requirements: 120V, 60Hz
- Power consumption: 150W
- Standby power consumption: < 0.5W
- BTU rating (4Ω, 1/8th power): 180 BTU/h
- Continuous power output: 50W/ch (all channels driven, 8Ω)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): (20Hz - 20kHz) < 0.08%
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 100kHz ± 0dB, -1.4dB
- S/N ratio (IHF "A" weighted): 108dB
- Gain 30dB
- Intermodulation distortion (60Hz:7kHz, 4:1): < 0.08%
- Damping factor: > 150
- Speaker impedance: 4Ω
- Input sensitivity: 0.6V
- Input impedance: 100kΩ
- Crosstalk/separation: > 60dB
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- RKB-D850 8 Channel 50W Power Amplifier
- Power cord