The PS8 is like the Jack Russell terrier of subwoofers: tiny but relentless. It's just a hair over a foot high, yet its no-nonsense design and high-quality components give it outstanding sound quality. The 8-inch woofer's oversized surround and voice coil help it deliver extremely high output, and an internal equalization circuit optimizes the woofer's performance.
When we designed the PS8, we demanded serious performance—we wouldn't settle for something that just fills out the bottom end. The PS8's 8-inch pulp-fiber woofer and slot-loaded enclosure produce incredible punch. The cone moves further forward and backward—and puts out more bass—thanks to its oversize butyl rubber surround. An oversize voice coil keeps the motor structure cooler.
We rate our subwoofer amps at 1% distortion, not 5% or 10% like some competitors do. That's why the PS8's 80-watt high-current amplifier delivers so much kick. An internal EQ circuit optimizes the response to get the best performance from the woofer. And the PS8's compact cabinet and attractive styling make it easy to incorporate into your room decor.
- 8" Long Excursion Treated Paper Cone Woofer
- Power: 80 Watts RMS
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 200Hz
- Input: Left & Right Line Level, LFE
- Phase Switch: 0 – 180 degrees
- Protection: Overload Protection Circuit
- Power On/Off: Auto Sensing
- Port: Rear Slotted
- Black Wood Grain Finish & Aluminum Feet
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 12-3/8" x 9-7/8" x 16"