Xtension 10 Turntable SuperPack With Sumiko Blackbird Cartridge - The little brother of Xtension guarantees superlative vinyl performance in a more compact size!
Xtension 10 Evolution is ideal for all, who look for sound quality of standard Xtension in a more compact size below 48cm width, to fit standard audio racks. It incorporates all of Pro-Ject Audio's 20 years experience in turntable design. Xtension 10 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal sand, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 22kg total turntable mass. The result is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principles.
Instead of the old standard adoption of pure metal used for the main platter, they've found a perfect alloy which they damped on the inner side with Sorbothane. Additionally they've glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension.
The Pro-Ject 10cc Evolution with its tonearm base also benefits from 'high-mass' technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane. To use this tonearm with a wide range of top quality phono cartridges, from 4 to 14g. it comes with a set of 4 different Sorbothane- damped counterweights. Xtension 10 Evolution comes with a beautiful dustcover with adjustable hinges, as well as in high gloss lacquer finishes: mahogany, piano and olive.
The Xtension 10 SuperPack also features the Sumiko Blackbird Phono Cartridge. Designed for exceedingly low noise levels, wide dynamic range and the highest possible fidelity in its price class, Blackbird is destined to become an analog classic. Each cartridge is assembled using time honored, labor intensive techniques, hand calibrated and critically auditioned to meet the most rigorous standards of consistency. The main advantage of high output moving coil cartridges is the elimination of any additional gain stages, resulting in an overall reduction of the noise floor. With 2.5mV directly driving a standard 47k Ohm RIAA phono stage, the best possible signal to noise ratio is realized. Nothing but music emerges from your most treasured recordings.
Xtension 10 Turntable SuperPack Highlights:
- Super-heavy 22 kg belt drive turntable
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich-platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy weight record clamp
- Extremely low level of natural resonance
- Perfect decoupling through magnetic feet
- Electronic speed control 33/45/78 Upm
- Tonearm 10cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
- Comes with Sumiko Blackbird Cartridge
Xtension 10 Turntable Specifications:
- Speed: 33 / 45 / 78 Upm (Speed Box DS built-in)
- Acrylic dust cover: yes
- Pro-Ject tonearm cable included: Connect it 5P-C
- Aluminium feet: Magnetic supported & Sorbothane damped
- Turntable main bearing damping: heavy weight metal block
- Max. speed variance: +/0,08%
- Max. wow and flutter: +/0,01% Max.
- Rumble: -73dB
- Platter weight/diameter: 5,7kg/300mm
- Effective arm length / overhang: 254mm / 16mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 8,5g
- Tracking force range: 10-30mN
- Cartridge weight range: from 4 - 14g (4 different counterweights included)
- External power supply (prim/sec): 220 - 240V/50Hz / 16V/1.000mA AC
- Power consumption: 15W (max.)
- Dimensions WxHxD lid closed (lid open): 480 x 235 (495) x 400 (535) mm
- Weight: 22kg
- Cartridge Type: High output MC
- Stylus Type: Low mass elliptical
- Cantilever: Long grain Boron
- Dynamic Compliance: (x10-6 cm/dyne)12
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-50Khz
- Output Voltage/Channel: 2.5mV
- Internal Impedance: 135 Ohms
- Channel Separation: 35dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Balance: 0.5dB @ 1kHz
- Tracking Force Range: 1.8 2.2 grams
- Cartridge Weight: 9.6 grams
- Mounting System: Standard 0.5” hole spacing