The Signature turntable is Pro-Ject's all-out assault on the analog high-end.
This no compromise approach to vinyl playback design commemorates Pro-Ject's 20-years as an esteemed manufacturer of turntables and electronics. Each table takes 3 months to build and is entirely constructed and assembled by a team of two highly skilled craftsman - truly an artisan product!
Signature employs a highly sophisticated approach by combining the themes of mass loading and magnetic decoupling. The main plinth supports two plinths and two motors with a belt-driven flywheel system that is magnetically decouples the platter's bearing. The main plinth also houses the touch screen that allows control of all operational parameters and variable speed adjustment. The second plinth is made of aluminum sits beneath the platter and is responsible for supporting the magnetic suspension. "Sorbothane Pillows" isolate the entire assembly and further reduce unwanted disturbances and vibration. The flywheel belt-drive system employs two motors and ensures vibration and noise-free mechanical operation for all moving parts.
The advanced single-pivot 12" tonearm can accommodate virtually any cartridge due to its wide range of adjustment possibilities and selection of different counterweights. It is even possible to adjust the VTA while the record is playing!
Pro-Ject Audio Signature 12 Turntable SuperPack Specifications:
- Speed: 33, 45 rpm Electronic Speed Change
- Drive Principle: Flywheel Belt Drive
- Motor Control: Precision generator with LCD Display
- Speed Variance: ±0.1%
- Wow & Flutter: ±0.08%
- Signal-to-Noise: -75dB
- Drive: 3 X Silicon Drive Belt
- Motor: 2 X Micro-Processor Synchronous Motors
- Mains Bearing: Ceramic (Ball/Plate)
- Platter: 300mm Aluminum Alloy with vinyl mat
- Tonearm: 12" Single-Pivot Aluminium
- Effective Tonearm Length: 12" (304.8mm)
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 19.5g
- Mounting Distance: 291.6mm
- Overhang: 13.2mm
- Offset Angle: 18°
- Tracking Force: 10-30mN
- Power Supply: Switch Mode, Outboard
- Power Consumption: 20 W DC
- Dimensions (WHD): 22.5 x 9.3 x 17.4 in., 570 x 234 x 440 mm
- Weight: 76lbs., 34.3kg