Radical design with no compromise on sound quality at the lowest price possible. All ingredients, like the shape of the chassis with decoupled motor, inverted main bearing and newly designed tone-arm all add up to a miracle in sound for the price!
Pro-Ject Audio RPM 1.3 Turntable Features:
- A quiet running synchronous motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter’s outside edge via a rubber belt.
- The drive motor is isolated on its own platform and completely decoupled from the plinth to eliminate vibration transmission.
- The resonance-optimised platter is made of medium density fibre.
- A inverted, chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a polished metal ball in a sintered bronze bearing housing.
- Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw.
- External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
Pro-Ject Audio RPM 1.3 Turntable Specifications:
- Fitted cartridge: Sumiko Pearl
- Amplifier connection: MM-input
- Nominal speeds: 33 / 45 r.p.m.
- Dust cover: no
- Motor completely decoupled: yes
- RCA phono sockets: yes
- S-shaped tonearm: yes
- Effective tonearm length: 8.6 " (218.5mm)
- Effective tonearm mass: 8.5g
- Overhang: 19mm
- Downforce range: 15 - 30mN
- Supplied counterweight cartridge weight: 4 - 9g
- Optional counterweight cartridge weight: 8 - 15g
- Speed variance: +/ 0.8 %
- Wow and flutter: +/ 0.15 %
- Signal to noise: -70dB
- Platter weight/diameter: 1.6kg/300mm
- Power supply type: Mains-fed outboard power supply, 220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cycles
- Output voltage: 12V/200mA AC
- Power consumption: 2W
- Dimensions: 380 x 115 x 350mm
- Weight: 3.3kg