This Turntable Package includes:
- PRO JECT RPM 1.3 Manual Turntable With Sumiko Pearl Cartridge (Gloss Black)
- PRO JECT Phono Box S MM/MC Phono Preamp (Black)
- AudioQuest Sydney 1m (3.28 ft) RCA to RCA Analog Audio Interconnect Cable
PRO JECT RPM 1.3 Manual Turntable With Sumiko Pearl Cartridge
Radical design with no compromise on sound quality at the lowest price possible. All ingredients, like the shape of the chassis with decoupled motor, inverted main bearing and newly designed tone-arm all add up to a miracle in sound for the price!
Pro-Ject Audio RPM 1.3 Turntable Features:
- A quiet running synchronous motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter’s outside edge via a rubber belt.
- The drive motor is isolated on its own platform and completely decoupled from the plinth to eliminate vibration transmission.
- The resonance-optimised platter is made of medium density fibre.
- A inverted, chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a polished metal ball in a sintered bronze bearing housing.
- Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw.
- External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
PRO JECT Phono Box S MM/MC Phono Preamp
Phono Box S: audiophile, versatile & affordable!
This new phono preamplifier offers unrivaled performance and unique flexibilty, which never before was available at this price! Sonic quality of Phono Box S is extremely impressive, a big improvement and a perfect upgrade for most analogue hifi system.
With a wide range of setting parameters, it can meet the needs of almost any phono cartridge on the market. A switchable subsonic filter prevents your amplifier and speakers of ultra low rumble below 20Hz. Carefully selected amplifier modules and audiophile-grade polypropylene capacitors make it possible to enjoy your valuable vinyl collection like never before!
The class-leading music reproduction of Phono Box S gives pure dynamics, full transparency, analogue warmth, bass texture, detail resolution and purity of all audible frequencies
Phono Box S Features
- Audiophile Performance
- Dual mono configuration
- Audiophile-grade amplification modules
- Audiophile-grade polypropylene WIMA capacitors
- Precise RIAA equalization
- Switchable Subsonic filter –12dB @ 20Hz
- Switchable input impedance/capacitance
- 4 adjustable gain levels
- DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power)
AudioQuest Sydney 1m (3.28 ft) RCA to RCA Analog Audio Interconnect Cable
The Sydney Harbour Bridge is the tallest and widest steel-arch bridge in the world, and the fifth longest. The ?Coathanger? (the bridge?s nickname) is just behind the Sydney Opera House for worldwide recognition as a symbol of Sydney, and as a symbol for all of Australia. An organized ?Bridge Climb? is offered many times a day to the top of the bridge, offering a truly exceptional view of Sydney?s amazing harbor from 134 meters (440 ft) above the water.
SOLID PERFECT-SURFACE COPPER+ (PSC+) CONDUCTORS: Perfect-Surface Copper+ has an astonishingly smooth and pure surface. Proprietary metal-processing technology protects the wire?s surface at every stage of drawing and fabrication. When high-purity low-oxide copper is kept as soft, pure and smooth as possible, it becomes a wonderfully low-distortion PSC+ conductor. PSC+ is manufactured by applying the same exceptional technology to an ultra-pure copper. The resulting sound quality is even more focused and simply less in the way. For over 30 years AudioQuest has pioneered the use of superior metals; yet even we were surprised by the huge leap in performance made possible with Perfect-Surface Technology. PSC+ simply outperforms all previously available copper metals at any price. All of Sydney?s conductors are solid. Electrical and magnetic interaction between strands in a conventional cable is the greatest source of distortion, often causing a somewhat dirty, harsh sound. Solid conductors are fundamental toward achieving Sydney?s very clean sound.
POLYETHYLENE AIR-TUBE INSULATION: Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. All of Sydney?s conductors use PE Air-Tube Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy, and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. PE Air-Tube Insulation causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
CARBON-BASED 3-LAYER NOISE-DISSIPATION SYSTEM (NDS): 100% shield coverage is easy. Preventing captured RF Interference from modulating the equipment?s ground reference requires AQ?s Noise-Dissipation System. Metal and Carbon-Loaded synthetics prevent most RFI from reaching the equipment?s ground plane.
ASYMMETRICAL DOUBLE-BALANCED GEOMETRY: Purpose designed for single-ended applications, Asymmetrical Double-Balanced Geometry offers relatively lower impedance on the ground for a richer, and more dynamic experience. While many single-ended cable designs use a single path for both the ground and the shield, Double-Balanced designs separate the two for cleaner, quieter performance.
COLD-WELDED DIRECT-SILVER PLATED PURE PURPLE COPPER RCA PLUGS: This plug design allows for a connection devoid of solder, which is a common source of distortion. Because the ground shells are stamped instead of machined, the metal can be chosen for low distortion instead of machinability. Purple Copper offers a cleaner, clearer sound over nickel-plated or OFHC metals commonly found in competing manufacturers? plugs. Direct-Silver Plating offers one more important step toward greater clarity and doing no harm to the signal.
Pro-Ject Audio RPM 1.3 Turntable Specifications:
- Fitted cartridge: Sumiko Pearl
- Amplifier connection: MM-input
- Nominal speeds: 33 / 45 r.p.m.
- Dust cover: no
- Motor completely decoupled: yes
- RCA phono sockets: yes
- S-shaped tonearm: yes
- Effective tonearm length: 8.6 " (218.5mm)
- Effective tonearm mass: 8.5g
- Overhang: 19mm
- Downforce range: 15 - 30mN
- Supplied counterweight cartridge weight: 4 - 9g
- Optional counterweight cartridge weight: 8 - 15g
- Speed variance: +/ 0.8 %
- Wow and flutter: +/ 0.15 %
- Signal to noise: -70dB
- Platter weight/diameter: 1.6kg/300mm
- Power supply type: Mains-fed outboard power supply, 220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cycles
- Output voltage: 12V/200mA AC
- Power consumption: 2W
- Dimensions: 380 x 115 x 350mm
- Weight: 3.3kg
Pro-Ject PHONO BOX S Specifications
- 10/100/1000 Ohms(MC)
- 47kOhms (MM)
- -12dB @ 20Hz
- MM: 86dB (94dB – IEC -A)
- MC: 68dB (75dB - IEC -A)
- 0,01% MM/ 0,05% MC
RIAA Deviance Max.
- 0,4dB / 20Hz - 20kHz
- 1 pair RCA connectors
Oversized Power Supply
- 18Volt DC/500mA
- 103 x 36 x 104 mm
- 103 x 36 x 115 mm (with sockets)
Face Plate Color
- 1.25 lbs