The best-buy turntable classic with carbon tonearm, computer connection and DC power supply!
The first Debut turntable, introduced in the late 1990s, was a revolution for the hi-fi industry. For the first time after the arrival of Compact Disc and the assumed demise of vinyl records, an analogue product re-emerged in the “mass market” – something all music lovers could afford.
The new Debut Carbon Phono USB (DC) was designed to set new standards in this category for the coming decade – perfectly timed as analogue today is again a respected source, while the demand for good turntables is growing again!
The most obvious improvement is the inclusion of a CARBON TUBE for the tonearm, which increases stiffness and decreases unwanted resonance.
This material normally is extensively used in high-end tonearms, but – because of cost reasons – was never used in products at lower price levels. Together with other improvements like an increase in platter size and weight to realize even smoother rotation, the overall sound quality is greatly improved. The approved belt drive offers low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling (utilizing TPE damping) and ultra-precision DC-driven AC frequency generator (like Speed Box) for ultimate speed stability without unwanted vibration.
Because Debut Carbon Phono USB (DC) comes with pre-mounted cartridge and built-in phono preamplifier with USB output, connection to both line-level input of your hifi system and recording of vinyl to PC/Mac easily can be done simultaneously!
The Debut Carbon Phono USB Turntable comes with Ortofon's OM10 phono cartridge. The Ortofon OM10 is an ultra light cartridge requiring an additional ballast weight on some arms.
Debut Carbon USB Turntable Highlights:
- 6” carbon tonearm
- Increased platter size with more weight
- Precision belt drive with synchronous motor
- New DC power supply with ultra-precision frequency DC-driven AC generator (like Speed Box) for ultimate speed stability
- New TPE motor suspension
- Integrated Phone-MM preamplifier
- Connections: line-level RCA to amp & USB to PC/Mac (simultaneously)
Debut Carbon USB Turntable Specifications:
- Speed: 33, 45 (manual speed change)
- Drive Principle: Belt drive
- Platter: 300mm metal with felt mat
- Mains Bearing: Stainless Steel
- Wow & Flutter: +/- 0.10%
- Speed Drift: +/- 0.8%
- Signal to Noise: -68dB
- Tonearm: 8.6", Carbon
- Effective Arm Length: 218.5mm
- Effective Arm Mass: 6.0g
- Overhang: 18.5mm
- Tracking Force: 10-30mN
- Included Accessories: 15 volt DC power supply, lid
- Power Connection: 110/120 or 230/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz
- Standby Power Consumption: <1 watt
- Dimensions: 415 x 118 x 320mm (W x H x D) lid closed
- Weight: 6kg net
OM10 Phono Cartridge Specifications:
- Weight: 5g
- Stylus type: elliptical
- Equivalent stylus tip mass: 0.5mg
- Frequency response: 20 to 22,000Hz
- Output: 4mV
- Channel separation: 22dB
- Channel balance: 2dB
- Tracking force: 1.5g (1.25-1.75g)
- Tracking angle: 20 degrees
- FIM distortion: 0.8%
- Load resistance: 47k ohm