This Home Theater Package includes:
- PRO JECT Debut Carbon DC Esprit SB 3-Speed Turntable With Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge (Glossy Black)
- PRO JECT Tube Box S Phono Preamplifier With Tube Output (Black)
- AudioQuest Sydney 1m (3.28 ft) RCA to RCA Analog Audio Interconnect Cable
PRO JECT Debut Carbon DC Esprit SB 3-Speed Turntable With Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge
The most-wanted audiophile design turntable with carbon tonearm, 3 speeds and DC power supply!
The first Debut turntable, introduced in the late 1990s, was a revolution for the hi-fi industry. For the first time after the arrival of Compact Disc and the assumed demise of vinyl records, an analogue product re-emerged in the “mass market” – something all music lovers could afford.
The new DEBUT CARBON DC ESPRIT SB was designed to set new standards in this category for the coming decade – perfectly timed as analogue today is again a respected source, while the demand for good turntables with all speeds is growing fast!
The CARBON TUBE for the tonearm increases stiffness and decreases unwanted resonance. This material normally is extensively used in highend tonearms, but – because of cost reasons – was never used in products at lower price levels. Together with other improvements, like an increase in platter size and weight to realize even smoother rotation, the overall sound quality is greatly improved. The approved belt drive design offers low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling (utilising TPE), ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator for ultimate speed stability. Ultimate convenience is achieved, because of electronic speed change ("Speed Box") and the possibility of playing 78rpm.
A simple exchange of stylus to 2M78 (not included) and a drive belt turnover to larger diameter of pulley is required - that's all!
The Debut Carbon Esprit SB USB Turntable comes with Ortofon's 2M Red phono cartridge. The 2M Red Series features an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV and a tipped Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
Pro-Ject Audio Debut Carbon Esprit SB 3-Speed Turntable Highlights:
- 33/45 & 78rpm out of the box
- Built-in precision Speed Box with switch on upper side
- 8,6” carbon tonearm
- Heavy non resonant acrylic platter
- New DC power supply with synchronous AC motor
- New TPE motor suspension
- Magnetic cartridge 2M red from Ortofon
PRO JECT Tube Box S Phono Preamplifier With Tube Output
Pro-Ject Audio Tube Box S MM/MC Phono Preamplifier with Tube Output Stage
This new Pro-Ject Audio Tube Box S MM/MC Phono Preamplifier with tube output stage offers unrivaled performance and unique flexibility, which never before was available at this price!
Sonic quality of Tube Box S is extremely impressive, a big improvement to Phono Box S and an audiophile upgrade for most analogue hifi system. With a wide range of setting parameters, it can meet the needs of almost any phono cartridge on the market. Carefully selected audiophile-grade components make it possible to enjoy your valuable vinyl collection like never before!
The class-leading music reproduction of Tube Box S gives pure dynamics, full transparency, analogue warmth, bass texture, detail resolution and purity of all audible frequencies.
Pro-Ject Audio Tube Box S Phono Preamplifier Highlights:
- Audiophile Performance
- Audiophile-grade ECC83 (12AX7)
- Dual mono configuration
- Audiophile-grade polypropylene WIMA capacitors
- Precise RIAA equalisation
- Switchable input impedance/capacitance
- 3 adjustable gain levels
- Subsonic filter
- DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power)
AudioQuest Sydney 1m (3.28 ft) RCA to RCA Analog Audio Interconnect Cable
The Sydney Harbour Bridge is the tallest and widest steel-arch bridge in the world, and the fifth longest. The ?Coathanger? (the bridge?s nickname) is just behind the Sydney Opera House for worldwide recognition as a symbol of Sydney, and as a symbol for all of Australia. An organized ?Bridge Climb? is offered many times a day to the top of the bridge, offering a truly exceptional view of Sydney?s amazing harbor from 134 meters (440 ft) above the water.
SOLID PERFECT-SURFACE COPPER+ (PSC+) CONDUCTORS: Perfect-Surface Copper+ has an astonishingly smooth and pure surface. Proprietary metal-processing technology protects the wire?s surface at every stage of drawing and fabrication. When high-purity low-oxide copper is kept as soft, pure and smooth as possible, it becomes a wonderfully low-distortion PSC+ conductor. PSC+ is manufactured by applying the same exceptional technology to an ultra-pure copper. The resulting sound quality is even more focused and simply less in the way. For over 30 years AudioQuest has pioneered the use of superior metals; yet even we were surprised by the huge leap in performance made possible with Perfect-Surface Technology. PSC+ simply outperforms all previously available copper metals at any price. All of Sydney?s conductors are solid. Electrical and magnetic interaction between strands in a conventional cable is the greatest source of distortion, often causing a somewhat dirty, harsh sound. Solid conductors are fundamental toward achieving Sydney?s very clean sound.
POLYETHYLENE AIR-TUBE INSULATION: Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. All of Sydney?s conductors use PE Air-Tube Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy, and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. PE Air-Tube Insulation causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
CARBON-BASED 3-LAYER NOISE-DISSIPATION SYSTEM (NDS): 100% shield coverage is easy. Preventing captured RF Interference from modulating the equipment?s ground reference requires AQ?s Noise-Dissipation System. Metal and Carbon-Loaded synthetics prevent most RFI from reaching the equipment?s ground plane.
ASYMMETRICAL DOUBLE-BALANCED GEOMETRY: Purpose designed for single-ended applications, Asymmetrical Double-Balanced Geometry offers relatively lower impedance on the ground for a richer, and more dynamic experience. While many single-ended cable designs use a single path for both the ground and the shield, Double-Balanced designs separate the two for cleaner, quieter performance.
COLD-WELDED DIRECT-SILVER PLATED PURE PURPLE COPPER RCA PLUGS: This plug design allows for a connection devoid of solder, which is a common source of distortion. Because the ground shells are stamped instead of machined, the metal can be chosen for low distortion instead of machinability. Purple Copper offers a cleaner, clearer sound over nickel-plated or OFHC metals commonly found in competing manufacturers? plugs. Direct-Silver Plating offers one more important step toward greater clarity and doing no harm to the signal.
Pro-Ject Audio Debut Carbon Esprit SB 3-Speed Turntable Specifications:
- Speed: 33, 45 / 78 (electronic/manual speed change)
- Drive principle: Belt drive
- Platter: 300mm acrylic platter
- Mains bearing: Stainless steel
- Wow & flutter: +/- 0,10%
- Speed drift: +/- 0,80%
- Signal to noise: - 68dB
- Tonearm: 8,6”, Carbon
- Effective arm length: 218,5 mm
- Effective arm mass: 6,0 g
- Overhang: 18,5mm
- Tracking force: 10 - 30mN
- Power connection: 110/120 or 230/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 7,4 watt max / < 0,5 watt standby
- Dimensions: 415 x 118 x 320mm (WxHxD) lid closed
- Weight: 5,6 kg net
Ortofon 2M Red Phono Cartridge Specifications:
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 5,5 mV
- Channel balance at 1kHz: 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3 dB: 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 micrometers
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 20 micrometers/mN
- Stylus type: Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 micrometers
- Tracking force range: 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1,8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20 degrees
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1,3 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Red
- Cartridge weight: 7,2g
- Replacement stylus unit: 2M Red (interchangeable with 2M Blue)
- Stylus protection guard: 2M Red
Pro-Ject Audio Tube Box S Phono Preamplifier Specifications:
- Input impedance: 10/100/1k/2k ohms(MC)/ 47k ohms (MM)
- Input capacitance: 50/150/270/370pF
- Gain switch: 41/51/61dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: MM (41 dB): 84dB (94dB – IEC -A), MC (51/61 dB): 67dB (75dB - IEC -A)
- THD: 0,01% MM/ 0,05% MC
- RIAA deviance: 0,4dB / 20Hz - 20kHz
- Subsonic filter: -12dB @ 20Hz (non switchable)
- In/Out sockets: 1 pair RCA connectors
- Power consumption: 470mA / < 1 watt in standby
- Oversized power supply: 18Volt DC/1000mA
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 103 x 74 x 104 mm, 103 x 74 x 115 mm (with sockets)
- Weight: 810 g net