ProLogue Classic CD Player
The ProLogue Eight is now the ProLogue Classic CD Player! Super I/V op amp board is now standard.
Revolutions are born in bold ideas. In true PrimaLuna fashion, the stunning ProLogue Classic CD Player will revolutionize the audio industry by introducing the world's first tube-based data clocking device: the SuperTubeClock. By incorporating a low-noise mini-triode vacuum tube into the digital clock, this boldly conceived design provides vastly superior resolution, detail retrieval, improved clarity, increased definition and detail from top to bottom. The ProLogue Classic CD Player is a true dual-mono design, right down to the dual vacuum tube rectification - another first in a CD player. The power supply is adapted from the award winning ProLogue Three preamp. High quality resistors, mosfets, and Solen capacitors yield superior transient response, detail, and channel separation.
ProLogue Classic Features:
- True Dual Mono ouput stage using one 12AX7 and one 12AU7 per channel.
- Vacuum tube rectified power supply adapted from the award-winning ProLogue Three preamp that incorporates eleven separate power supply regulation circuits.
- State-of-the-art Burr Brown SRC4192 24bit/192kHz upsampling circuit and Burr Brown PCM1792 DACs.
- The SuperTubeClock. An ultra-low jitter clocking device that replaces the solid-state oscillator with a vacuum tube. Yields incredible detail retrieval and dynamics throughout the entire audio spectrum.
- Premium parts including polypropylene coupling caps, triple pi power supply filters, custom designed isolation transformers which separate the analog and digital devices, Resulting in decreased signal degradation and improved sonics from top to bottom.
- Beautiful heavy-gauge anodized brushed aluminum remote control. Controls all important CD operations and will even control functions on the DiaLogue components. Comes with rubber rings on both ends to protect furniture.
- Chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel, and five step automotive quality finish. Each coat hand rubbed and polished. Removable tube cage included no charge.
- Conservative design runs tubes easy for long life.
ProLogue Classic Specifications:
- Output Level: 2V+/3dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.5dB
- Distortion and Noise: <-70dB
- S/N Ratio: >/ 96dB
- Dynamic Range: 120dB
- Channel Separation: 90dB (1kHz)
- Digital Output: S/PDIF (AES3id)
- Power Consumption: 50W
- Net Weight: 25.4 lbs / 11.5 kg
- Dimensions: 15.5" x 11" x 7.5" / 395 mm x 280 mm x 190 mm (L x W x H)
- Analog Output: 1 pair RCA
- Digital Outputs: 1 piece RCA; 1 piece Optical
- Tube Complement: 2 x 5AR4, 2 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AU7