This 5.1 home theater bundle includes:
- Yamaha RX-V477 5.1 Channel 3D 4K A/V Home Theater Receiver (Black)
- Polk Audio TSi300 3-Way Tower Speaker with Two 5-1/4" Drivers - Pair (Black)
- Polk Audio TSi100 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker with 5-1/4" Driver - Pair (Black)
- Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker with Dual 5-1/4" Drivers - Each (Black)
- Polk Audio PSW108 10" Subwoofer (Black)
RX-V477 AV Receiver
This versatile 5.1-channel network AV receiver is ready for AirPlay®, music streaming, AV Controller App and HTC Connect™. It offers high sound quality, plus 4K Ultra HD pass-through and new Extra Bass function for powerful sound.
- 5-channel powerful surround sound
- 115 W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1-ch driven)
- 80 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- HDMI® (6 in / 1 out) with 4K Ultra HD pass-through for super high resolution images
- AirPlay®, Pandora®, Spotify music streaming service and AV Controller App
- HTC Connect™ for music streaming from HTC Connect compatible smartphones
- Front panel USB digital connection for iPod® and iPhone®
- FLAC, WAV 192 kHz / 24-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT provides virtual surround sound with 5 speakers in front
- Extra Bass enriches powerful bass sound even with small speakers
- Gapless playback compatibility allows play without interruption
- YPAO™ sound optimization for automatic speaker setup
- Multilingual color OSD for improved visibility (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Japanese and Chinese)
- ECO mode operation for about 20 percent less power consumption
4K Ultra HD Pass-through for Super High Resolution Images
This AV receiver provides advanced HDMI® features including pass-through of 4K Ultra HD, which is gaining popularity. 4K Ultra HD refers to four times the resolution of a 1080p display. This receiver is capable of passing the 4K Ultra HD data from the source to the monitor, for image clarity far beyond present standards.
HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
3D means the receiver can handle 3D signal data. The Audio Return Channel function enables data to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable, with no need for an extra optical cable.
HDMI CEC for Easy Operation
Another benefit of HDMI is the availability of CEC functionality. When the unit is connected to a CEC compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV, and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components. For example, you can use the receiver’s remote unit to control player functions like skip and stop. *All connected devices must be HDMI CEC compatible. Some CEC compatible TVs / players may not work.
Discrete Amp Configuration for High Sound Quality
This AV receiver was designed with a strong focus on achieving exceptionally high sound clarity. It employs a discrete amp configuration and a low jitter PLL circuit, which contribute to its excellent audio performance.
This AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to a PC to enjoy Internet radio, Pandora®, Spotify and operate your system via WebBrowser Control. The AV Controller App (from iTunes® or Google play) lets you control various functions from your iPod®, iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ phones / tablets.
AirPlay® Allows Streaming Music to AV Receiver
This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means they can accept wireless music streaming from iPod touch®, iPhone or iPad, as well as from iTunes on a Mac® or PC. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile devices or computer on your home theater system. You can use view metadata such as song title, artist name as well as album art* via AV receiver's on-screen display. *Some models don't support album art display.
Stream Millions of Songs with Spotify Connect
With the Spotify app on your smartphone, you've got instant access to millions of songs. And now you can stream those songs to your Yamaha system by using Spotify Connect. Just hit play to start streaming music. What's more, when you've been listening on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately streams to your AVR?like magic, you enjoy uninterrupted music. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music. *The Spotify app and premium account are required.
HTC Connect™ for Wireless Streaming
HTC Connect lets you stream music to your AV receiver wirelessly. You don't need a separate app because HTC Connect is built right into your HTC phone. Simply swiping the HTC phone screen starts music output to the AV receiver, from the HTC device's local music sources or third party music sources.
AV Controller App for Easy, Convenient Operation
This AV receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller app that is downloadable from the iTunes or Google Play to control power on / off and volume, select input and DSP modes and operate other functions from an iPhone or Android devices. You can also use in as many as 23* different languages and customize the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available. *As of spring 2014.
USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone on the Front Panel
A USB port on the front panel allows convenient connection of an iPod / iPhone, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod / iPhone is transmitted directly to the AV receiver, there is no signal loss or interference, so you enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver’s remote control unit to operate the iPod / iPhone music playback functions.
Virtual CINEMA FRONT Provides Virtual 5-channel Surround Sound with High Quality and Resolution
With Virtual CINEMA FRONT, you will enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with higher quality and resolution by installing surround speakers at the front. You get more flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room, along with easy enjoyment of high quality surround sound.
Extra Bass Provides Rich Bass Reproduction, Even with Small Speakers
Yamaha’s exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you expect from the speaker size while maintaining good localization and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
YPAO™ Sound Optimization for Automatic Speaker Setup
YPAO analyzes the room acoustics and adjusts various audio parameters for optimum sound in just a few minutes. It’s like having a professional installer calibrate your system.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D and Virtual Presence Speaker
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers three-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers.
DSP Parameter Adjustment for Easy and Detailed Setting
This AV receiver is equipped with a variety of sound programs that utilize Yamaha's original DSP technology. They allow you to easily create sound fields like actual movie theaters or concert halls in your room and enjoy natural stereoscopic sound fields. Now you can use the AV Controller App to adjust DSP parameters to your preference to match the type of music / movie or the mood you want to achieve. There are two modes, basic and advanced, that you can choose according to the type of adjustments you want to do.
Gapless Playback Compatibility Allows Play without Interruption*
Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. * Compatible with WAV, FLAC and ALAC file formats, and input from USB / PC / NAS.
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
Total Purity Concept for the Finest Sound Quality
The Total Purity Concept, which Yamaha has been cultivating for many years, encompasses high drive amp technology, high purity preamplification, anti-vibration technology and independent pure power supplies. All models have a fully discrete power amplifier that helps to minimize distortion. They also adopt independent pure power supplies, allowing dedicated power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry to prevent digital noise from affecting analog circuitry. The anti-vibration heatsinks are designed to suppress vibration from transistors and sound pressure. Independent power supplies for the DACs are designed to further eliminate noise on certain models. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
Subwoofer Trim Control for Improved Sound Imaging
The Subwoofer Trim Control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is “pushed” toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim Control takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
SCENE for One-Touch Start
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can reset the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
ECO Mode Lowers Power Consumption by 20 Percent*
Yamaha’s new ECO mode reduces power consumption by about 20 percent. It can be set from the top of the GUI menu. * Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).
Selectable Auto Power Down
Auto power down lets you save energy by selecting to turn off the power after two, four, eight or 12 hours.
TSi300 Tower Speakers
Its a stylish solution: Build the bookshelf style speaker into its own stand. The result is a smaller tower that takes up almost no floor space and saves you the hassle of speaker stands. In exchange you get solid, efficiently stable footing, and the enhanced performance of more enclosure space. Dynamics go beyond bookshelf, with a wide soundstage and detailed imaging in small to mid-sized rooms. Its the tower with the soul of a bookshelf and the performance of a monster!
- Unlike other speakers in this price range, TSi enclosures are constructed of extensively braced, solid MDF with 3/4-inch baffles. This virtually eliminates internal resonances and damps energy-stealing vibrations, for more efficient operation and more transparent sound.
- Polks proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows the engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
TSi100 Bookshelf Speakers
Small in size, big in performance, the TSi100 is a great speaker to use for wall-hanging surround speakers in a TSi Series home theater (heavy duty wall-hanging brackets are built right in). Or, use them as main speakers in a small room, where performance is key but size is a consideration. Add a subwoofer to a pair of TSi100s and you have a truly dynamic high performance stereo pair for a truly surprising price.
- Beautiful pewter accents, a high gloss piano-finish black top plate make TSi speakers a part of your decor.
- TSi design combines smaller drivers (for more overall driver area with less driver mass) and narrow baffle geometry, for wider range and more spacious soundstaging, so every seat in the house hears a prime performance.
- Unlike horns or metal domes, silk dome tweeters deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, even at high volume.
- Durable, efficient, and tuned with Polks Dynamic Balance process, TSi Series polycarbonate cones produce smooth, natural sound.
CS10 Center Speaker
Even in a smaller room theater setup, the center channel speaker carries the load of over 50% of a movies effects and audio, from directional cues to dialogue. Timbre-matching is important, so that all the speakers in your system feature the same tonal qualities (for seamless transitions). The CS10 is a small-sized, hard working, high performance center channel speaker timbre-matched to the TSi Series, so you can build a small home theater for a reasonable price without sacrificing performance. Its innovative angled-top design gives you more placement flexibility; with perfect aiming whether you place it on top of your TV or below the screen.
- Achieve perfect imaging with more placement flexibility because the angled CS enclosure flips to accomodate TV-top or below-screen placement.
- Durable, efficient, and tuned with the Dynamic Balance process, TSi Series polycarbonate cones produce smooth, natural sound.
- Surprisingly deep, musical bass response thanks to the critically tuned flared port venting system, which minimizes port noise (chuffing) and smooths the turbulence of port air flow, to reveal big, full-bodied bass that blends effortlessly with the speakers overall dynamics.
PSW108 fills in the bottom end of your home theater system. Relieve your main speakers from performing bass duty and let them work on the mids and highs. PSW108 is a great addition to any subwooferless system and will bring your movie watching experience to the next level. Heres how it does it.
The PSW108 features a front firing port so you get the full bass impact focused directly at your seating area.
Polk doesnt use cheap paper cardboard woofers. This is the real deal and part of why PSW Series subwoofers outperform the competition.
By using a state-of-the-art Klippel distortion analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofers motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension bringing you the best possible performance even at extreme listening levels.
A Polk perfected method of analyzing a speakers microscopic behavior with laser Interferometry. Polk engineers can tune out unwanted resonance and distortion with the right combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques. This brings you pure, distortion free sound.
- Total Frequency Response: 35Hz-200Hz
- Upper -3dB Limit: 160HZ kHz
- Lower -3dB Limit: 40HZ Hz
- Subwoofer Crossover: Variable 80Hz -160HZ
- Inputs: Speaker Level, Line Level
- Outputs: Speaker Level