4x Polk Audio TSi200 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers with Dual 5-1/4" Drivers
Floorstanding tower speakers can be a tad overwhelming, Polk admits it. They can take over a room, especially a small one. So, in your small to midsize room, consider a bookshelf loudspeaker that can sit on a shelf or a stylish stand and deliver the same powerful impact and wide dynamic range as a tower without overwhelming the decor. The TSi200 is the perfect introduction to audiophile-grade bookshelf speaker performance, in an elegant design, at a rational price.
Polk Audio TSi200 Bookshelf Speakers Features:
- Unlike other speakers in this price range, TSi enclosures are constructed of extensively braced, solid MDF with three-quarter-inch baffles. This virtually eliminates internal resonances and damps energy-stealing vibrations, for more efficient operation and more transparent sound.
- Beautiful pewter accents, a high gloss piano-finish black top plate and your choice of stylish black or cherry wood-grain finishes make TSi speakers a part of your decor.
- Polk’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows Polk's engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- TSi design combines smaller drivers (for more overall driver area with less driver mass) and narrow baffle geometry, for wider range and more spacious soundstaging, so every seat in the house hears a prime performance.
- Unlike horns or metal domes, silk dome tweeters deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, even at high volume.
- Durable, efficient, and tuned with Polk's Dynamic Balance process, TSi Series polycarbonate cones produce smooth, natural sound.
- Surprisingly deep, musical bass response thanks to Polk's critically tuned flared port venting system, which minimizes port noise (“chuffing”) and smooths the turbulence of port air flow, to reveal big, full-bodied bass that blends effortlessly with the speaker’s overall dynamics.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Polk's high efficiency design results in sound that’s spacious and clear, warm and realistic, when combined with practically any electronics, even the most modestly-powered amplifer or receiver.
- Polk's high performance crossover system boosts performance with premium components, like mylar bypass capacitors, to extend response in the higher, more detail-oriented frequencies.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
Polk Audio TSi200 Bookshelf Speakers Specifications:
- Driver Complement:
- 2 - 5-1/4" (13.3cm) bilam. organic fiber drivers
- 1 - 1" (2.5cm) bilam. silk dome tweeter
- Frequency Response (Overall / -3dB Limits): 43Hz - 25kHz / 50Hz - 24kHz
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 2500kHz
- Recommended Amplification: 20 - 150 Watts / channel
- Efficiency: 89dB
- Product Weight: 17lbs each / 36.3 lbs pair (7.71kg each / 16.5 kg pair)
- Overall Dimensions: 15-7/16" H x 8" W x 11-3/4" D (39.1cm H x 20.32cm W x 29.85cm D)