A Tower of Power - Bringing Audio to Life
Built to bring the big surround sound theater experience into the comfort of your living room, the Polk Signature Series continues in the Polk tradition of American Hi-Fi. Featuring Hi-Res certification, Dynamic Balance driver design, Terylene tweeters, mica-reinforced polypropylene cones, precision crossovers, an anti-diffraction magnetic grille, a non-resonant MDF cabinet, and exclusive Power Port technology, you get elevated sound for movies, TV, and music in a totally re-imagined design, thanks to the Signature Series.
- American Hi-Fi home theater tower speaker
- Rich, clean, full-range sound for music, TV, and movies with Dynamic Balance designed acoustic array
- 1" high-resolution Terylene tweeter for crystal-clear, high-frequency response
- 6.5" mica-reinforced polypropylene cones for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic mid-range
- Exclusive Polk Power Port technology for greater, more impactful bass
- High-sensitivity and maximum compatibility with most modestly-powered amplifiers and receivers
- Four-driver cascading crossover array for more life-like soundstage
- High-sensitivity and maximum compatibility - works with most modestly-powered amplifiers or receivers
- Anti-diffraction magnetic grille to minimize sonic interference
- Dual gold-plated 5-way binding posts for bi-wire and bi-amp configurations
- Dual-floor compatible feet for carpet and hard floors
- Limited five-year warranty
New Dynamic Balance Acoustic Array
Whether upgrading your home theater setup with an advanced Atmos configuration, or enjoying your favorite music, Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to. This patented technology eliminates issues that reduce speaker performance.
High-Resolution Audio Performance
Polk's newly-designed Terylene dome tweeter delivers clear and detailed high-frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments. Certified and capable of delivering 40kHz to support the latest high resolution audio files so it feels like you're right there in the studio or concert hall.
Custom Mid-Range Drivers
Mica-reinforced polypropylene cones with butyl rubber surrounds, four-layer voice coils, massive ceramic motor structures, and high-temperature Conex fiber spiders combine to create drivers of exceptionally high efficiency, resulting in clean, clear, bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Power Port Deep Bass Technology
Power Port is Polk's patented design that smoothly transitions the air flow from the speaker's port into your listening area. It also extends the overall bass port, providing great surface area to eliminate turbulence and distortion for bigger, more musical, deep bass impact. Plus, it offers 3dB more bass response output than a traditional port.
High Sensitivity and Maximum Compatibility
Works with the most modestly-powered amplifier or receiver. Whether you're connecting them to the newest digital processor, or your vintage rig, you get sound reproduction that's spacious, clear, enveloping, and realistic. It's also compatible with latest Dolby and DTS surround sound technologies.
Quality Crafted Cabinet Design
Strong, rigid, and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration. And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, with extra bracing and minimum thick baffles, ensures a more life-like sound.
Designed with the same components throughout to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
Designed in California, engineered in Baltimore, and manufactured under the strictest quality controls, Polk speakers are built to last and include a limited five-year warranty.
- Dimensions (D x H x W): 15.7" x 44.5" x 8.5" (11.7" including feet)
- Weight: 52 lbs.
- Driver complement midrange diameter: 6.5"
- Driver complement midrange quantity: 3
- Driver complement midrange type: Dynamic balance mica reinforced polypropylene
- Driver complement tweeter diameter: 1"
- Driver complement tweeter quantity: 1
- Driver complement tweeter type: Terylene high-res dome
- Electrical inputs: Dual gold-plated 5-way binding post
- Max sensitivity: 90dB
- Nominal impedance: Compatible with 8 ohm outputs
- Recommended amplifier power: 20 - 300wpc
- Total frequency response: 26Hz - 40kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.5kHz
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Signature Series S60 American Hi-Fi Home Theater Large Tower Speaker
- Owner's manual
- Registration card
- Adhesive-backed rubber pads