Polk Audio Signature Series S60 Hi-Fi Home Theater Tower Speaker Overview
Are you ready to take your home audio game to the next level? Show some love to your den, living room or home office with the Polk Audio Signature Series S60. These elegant and durable tower speakers deliver big sound without taking up a big footprint. Whether you want to create true stereo sound or you are building a state-of-the-art surround sound home theater system, the S60 delivers rich, clear and powerful audio. Featuring 3 midrange speakers, a custom designed Tweeter and Polks new Dynamic Balance acoustic array, the S60 delivers clean highs, lush mids and deep bass.
- The flagship model in Polk's Signature series speaker lineup
- Frequency response: 26Hz - 40kHz
- High res audio compatible
- 8 Ohms
- High-resolution audio performance
- Resonant deadening MDF cabinet
- (1) 1” high-resolution Terylene tweeter for crystal clear high frequency response that perfectly reproduces the latest high resolution audio files
- (3) 6.5” low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene cones with four-layer voice coils for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and dynamic mid-range
- Exclusive Polk Power Port technology for greater, more impactful bass
- Polk S60 Dimensions (D x H x W): 15.7 x 44.5" x 8.5" (11.7" including feet)
- Polk S60 weight: 52 lbs
- Warranty: 5 years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell)
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
High Res Speakers
The Polk S60 delivers full range, high-resolution sound. Featuring the custom designed Terylene dome tweeter that delivers crystal clear high frequency response. The S60 features a powerful ceramic motor structure that eliminates distortion, resulting in full a detailed mids, and deep and accurate bass. The Polk Audio Signature Series S60 delivers a unique and holistic audio experience as pure as a trip to the symphony.
Custom Made Drivers
As the flagship of the Polk Audio Signature Series, the Polk S60 features three midrange drivers to deliver full and powerful mids and bass. Each driver features Mica-reinforced polypropylene cones with butyl rubber surrounds, four-layer voice coils, massive ceramic motor structures and high-temperature Conex fiber spiders. You don’t need to be an audio engineer to understand what this all means. These speakers deliver pristine clarity with enough power to wake the neighbors up in the middle of the night while you are rocking out to your favorite tunes.
Polk Brings the bass
Good bass fills out the musical soundstage and lets you feel your music. The S60 features Polk’s proprietary patent pending Power Port technology. This wonder of audio engineering is designed to create more even sound dispersion, extending the bass without overpowering the notes at the mid and higher frequency ranges.
Quality Audio Components
The Polk S60’s feature resonance-deadening MDF cabinets. These cabinets are designed to eliminate unwanted distortion caused by speaker vibration, and feature extra bracing and thick baffles to create more realistic sound. The anti-diffraction magnetic grille not only looks cool, it works to increase transparency and minimize interference.
Five-Way Binding Posts
The Polk S60 has dual gold plated 5-way binding posts that allow for bi-amp or bi-wire connections. So you can take advantage of all your power your amplifier has, or use two amplifiers to get a wider frequency range and get the moeven more out of your S60 speakers.
Pairs well with …
While the Polk Signature Series S60 Speakers are versatile enough to fit into nearly any listening and viewing system, their efficiency allows you to pair these with more modestly-powered A/V home theater receivers. Go ahead, choose your favorite brands. Remember, World Wide Stereo’s 60-day guarantee means you’ll be completely satisfied with everything you purchase from us.
- Dimensions (D x H x W): 15.7" x 44.5" x 8.5" (11.7" including feet)
- Weight: 52 lbs.
- Driver complement midrange diameter: 6.5"
- Driver complement midrange quantity: 3
- Driver complement midrange type: Dynamic balance mica reinforced polypropylene
- Driver complement tweeter diameter: 1"
- Driver complement tweeter quantity: 1
- Driver complement tweeter type: Terylene high-res dome
- Electrical inputs: Dual gold-plated 5-way binding post
- Max sensitivity: 90dB
- Nominal impedance: Compatible with 8 ohm outputs
- Recommended amplifier power: 20 - 300wpc
- Total frequency response: 26Hz - 40kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.5kHz
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Signature Series S60 American Hi-Fi Home Theater Large Tower Speaker
- Owner's manual
- Registration card
- Adhesive-backed rubber pads
Customer Reviews for Polk Audio Signature Series S60 American Hi-Fi Home Theater Large Tower Speaker
Your sound from them will depend on your source and
amps or AVR. I am using a Denon AVR X1200W.
Moderate powered AVR running 5 channels but
use 4 for music.
These speakers replaced an entry pair of horn speakers
that had dual 6&1/2 woofers from a major manufacturer.
There is more technology built into these speakers and
the crossover is better.
I understand these are really a 2.5 way crossover speaker
with the top driver extending higher to mate with the tweeter.
The 3---6&1/2 drivers deliver a big sound because they're
coupled to the Polk Powerport located at the bottom of this
speaker. This makes for easier placement in your room since
you do not have to worry about ports and walls. The Powerport
controls the bass very well and allows this speaker to play very low
without airchuffing or other port noises. If you like clear deep bass,
this speaker delivers. Even though I have a 12 inch sub, I have
chosen not to use it and do not miss it at all. That's something you'll have to decide at home but I'd say listen for a week or two without one
to hear what these well designed speakers can do.
In the mid and high end these have a very good presence to blend with the power of the low end. They are crystal clear and have shown no signs of strain to hit the sounds that I have played through them.
As I said, it will depend on what you feed into them--it will come out through these speakers.
Instruments sound right. Drums are deep and powerful. Guitars and mandolins sound clear and sharp with tone and depth you'd expect from a first rate speaker. Vocals are clear without strain and sibilance.
The sound from these Polk's are better than my last set of speakers that cost the same amount of money. YMMV
The are fairly large and deep and have magnetic grills--very nice.
They have a high Wife Acceptance Factor--attractive cabinets---curved with a nice vinyl finish--not cheesy.
The S60 is the Flagship of the Signature Line so the Bass-Mid drivers are a little better than the other ones in the Signature Line.
This is a speaker worth serious consideration.