Polk Audio RTiA5 Compact High Performance Floorstanding Loudspeaker
Want that big speaker experience but can't quite fit the RTiA9? The RTiA5 is the most compact tower speaker in the RTiA Series. With two 6 1/2-inch Dynamic Balance mid/woofer drivers, a 1-inch Dynamic Balance dome tweeter and PowerPort Plus, it packs a punch and delivers the mind bending thrills of Inception as well as the intoxicating groove of Manu Chao.
Polk Audio RTiA5 Floorstanding Loudspeaker Features:
- The proprietary curved, 6-layer DAHLI enclosure design creates the optimal shear damping for a more rigid, acoustically inert enclosure and minimal cabinet resonances. RTiA5 cabinets are designed for clean, accurate sound.
- The two 6-1/2-inch mid/woofer drivers are housed in their own tuned internal enclosures for increased clarity and lifelike detail.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows the engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- The RTiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- Beautiful curved furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents in black or cherry.
- Computer-modeled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimizing sonic interference.
- PowerPort Plus bass venting is the patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more musical, deep bass impact.
- Polk's patented Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC) port technology tunes out the internal cabinet resonances resulting in natural uncolored midrange reproduction.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customized high performance audio.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industrys most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.