Polk Audio HTS 12 12" Subwoofer Overview
If you’re looking to kick your home theater experience into overdrive without breaking the bank, look no further than Polk Audio’s newly designed HTS 12 12” Subwoofer. Housed within the HTS 12’s sleek modern cabinet are several key design features that deliver powerful bass extension down to 22 Hz. Those features include a long-throw Dynamic Balance 12” driver, Polk’s own Power Port technology, and a rock-solid 400 Watt peak Class D amplifier. You’ll absolutely love the HTS 12’s ability to make your home theater experience sound and feel larger than life!
- High-performance bass output at a wallet-friendly price
- Front-firing long throw 12” Polypropylene Dynamic Balance and Klippel optimized driver
- Down-firing port with Power Port technology for deep bass response with reduced port noise
- Onboard 200 Watt continuous (400 Watt peak) Class D Amplifier
- Attractive styling with a wood grain finish
- Small footprint and light overall weight for easy room integration
- Removable grille
- Frequency Response: 22 Hz to 180 Hz
- Dimensions: 16 inches height, 14 inches width, 16 inches depth
- Weight: 49.9 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell)
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Polk Audio knows bass
Polk Audio is legendary for its affordable cutting-edge speaker and subwoofer designs. Originally founded in 1972, this Baltimore based company has been on the forefront of audio innovation for decades, constantly introducing new ways to deliver audiophile grade sound and performance. Polk’s patented Power Port technology is one such innovation and it’s revolutionized the way Polk’s speakers can deliver clean bass with deep extension.
Don’t just hear it, feel it
Unleash the HTS 12 12” Subwoofer in your home and your audio experience will elevate to something you hear and feel! That means powerful explosions and roaring jet engines with true tactile impact in addition to smile inducing low-end rumble. Utilizing a Dynamic Balance front-firing 12” driver mated to a 400 Watt Class D amplifier, the HTS 12 has all of the components needed to fill any small to medium sized room with serious bass. And don’t forget about music, because the HTS 12 will bring new life to your favorite tunes!
The power of Power Port
Most subwoofers feature a single port (or ports) that help a sub dig deeper into the low frequency spectrum. And while beneficial, extreme amounts of air movement can cause some ports to produce an audible artifact called port noise or chuffing. Polk’s ingenious patented Power Port technology places an aerodynamic cone outside the HTS 12’s port, helping to minimize air turbulence for clean and unfettered playback.
Some subwoofers are sized like small refrigerators and can weigh 100 pounds or more, making unboxing and placement a true pain in the back. The HTS 12’s modest footprint and weight (50 pounds) not only make it easy to handle, but room friendly too. Boosting its ease of integration is eye catching styling and a wood grain finish that’s guaranteed to look great in any room in your home.
Dynamic driver performance
While Polk endowed the HTS 12 12” Subwoofer with good looks, it also packed it with powerful high-performance hardware. The subwoofer’s front mounted 12” polypropylene Dynamic Balance and Klippel optimized driver is rated to deliver down to 22 Hz, while its onboard amplifier can output 200 Watts continuous (400 Watts peak). The amp’s controls include volume adjustment, phase control, a low pass filter, and an on/off switch that can be set to auto.
Design an entire Polk system
What better way to enjoy great sound than by matching your HTS 12 12” Subwoofer with other Polk Audio gear? Our Polk Audio 5.0 Signature Series S55 Home Theater Package delivers amazing multi-channel playback utilizing Polk’s S55 Tower Speakers, S15 Bookshelf Speakers, and a single S35 Slim Center Speaker. And for a high-performance two-channel experience, look no further than Polk Audio’s S60 Tower Speaker!
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 16" x 14" x 16"
- Subwoofer array driver enclosure type: Power port bass vented
- Subwoofer array driver complement: (1) 12"d (round) polypropylene dynamic balance and Klippel optimized driver - subwoofer
- Peak power: 400W
- Continuous power: 200W
- Amplifier class: Class D
- Total frequency response: 22Hz - 180Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Lower and upper -3dB limits: 28Hz - 120Hz
- Audio inputs
- LFE (unfiltered)
- Stereo Line Level - (2) RCA
- US power cycle: Energy Start compliant with Auto Standby
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- HTS 12" Subwoofer with Power Port Technology
- Removable grille
- Power cord
- Quick start guide
- Registration card
Customer Reviews for Polk Audio HTS 12" Subwoofer with Power Port Technology
I previously had a JBL ES250P sub, which was very "boomy" and priced about $100 more than the Polk. I am very happy with the Polk as the low frequencies roll off much better than the JBL, and both movies and music sound much better with the Polk HTS 12.
After the run-in period of 50 hours, this Polk Sub sounds even much better.
This Polk sub is great value for money in my opinion.
over 2 years ago