Ultra-High Performance Surround for Thrill-Seekers
The F/XiA6 is at home in the best home theater systems and in very large spaces. With a 6 1/2" Dynamic Balance driver and two 1-inch Dynamic Balance dome tweeters, movies and multi-channel music will fill the space with well-conceived sound effects coming from all directions. These surround speakers will literally immerse you in three-dimensional sound. Configurable as bipole or dipole for discrete and diffuse sound, they work equally well behind you or beside you. For the ultimate 7.1 home theater system, simply add a second pair.
- The trapezoidal shaped cabinets aim the drivers and tweeters in opposing directions to produce a more realistically diffuse wavefront and wide, life-like imaging of surround sound.
- With the flip of a switch, Polk's dipole/bipole circuitry changes the sound-field from direct to indirect radiation patterns enabling you to place the surround speaker beside or behind you depending on your listening room setup.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows their engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a life-time of reliable sound.
- The F/XiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- Patented Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC) technology suppresses cabinet resonance that causes distortion to ensure clear and natural sound.
- Computer-modeled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimizing sonic interference.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts offer the most secure connection options.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 13.38" x 14.75" x 8.63"
- Weight: 13 lbs.
- Driver complement: (1) 1" diameter mid/woofer, (2) 1" diameter tweeter
- Total frequency response: 45Hz - 27kHz
- Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter): 88dB
- Lower and upper -3dB limits: 55Hz - 26kHz
- Recommended amplifier power per channel: 45 watts - 27 watts
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- F/XiA6 Timbre-Matched Bipole/Dipole Surround Loudspeakers - Pair