Full Fidelity and High Performance
The F/XiA4's engine is the dual Dynamic Balance 1" dome tweeter design and a 5 1/4" Dynamic Balance driver that produces believable real-life effects at prodigious volumes. The selectable bipole/dipole function allows you to configure it to your space and 7.1 systems, and the smaller cabinet enables it to fit in more places.
- The trapezoidal shaped cabinets aim the drivers and tweeters in opposing directions to produce a more realistically diffused wavefront and wide, lifelike imaging of surround sound.
- With the flip of a switch, Polk's dipole/bipole circuitry changes the sound-field from direct to indirect radiation patterns enabling you to place the surround speaker beside or behind you, depending on your listening room setup.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows their engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a life-time of reliable sound.
- The F/XiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the sound-stage.
- Patented Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC) technology suppresses cabinet resonance that causes distortion to ensure clear and natural sound.
- Computer-modeled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimizing sonic interference.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts offer the most secure connection options.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 11.375" x 12" x 7.437"
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Driver complement: (1) 5.25" diameter mid/woofer, (2) 1" diameter tweeter
- Total frequency response: 50Hz - 27kHz
- Lower and upper -3dB limits: 60Hz - 26kHz
- Recommended amplifier power per channel: 20 watts - 150 watts
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- F/XiA4 Timbre-Matched Bipole/Dipole Surround Loudspeakers - Pair