The Voice of a Flagship System
The center channel speaker is arguably the most important speaker in your home theater system. It's in the middle of all the action and, more importantly, it's the anchor for all dialog. If you want to hear what the actors and actresses are saying, buy a good center channel speaker. The CSiA6 is the perfect center piece for a big screen TV or a large room. And it's timbre-matched to the RTiA series speaker so you can build a seamless 360° experience. Its massive dual 6 1/2" Dynamic Balance midbass drivers and 1" Dynamic Balance dome tweeter will dish out explosive sound and crisp clear dialog. It's best paired with the larger tower or bookshelf speakers.
- The unique angled top allows the CSiA6 to be inverted so you can place the speaker below your TV and still enjoy great sound.
- A unique kickstand assembly that provides rear support to many projection TVs (will not work with plasmas or other TVs with completely flat rears).
- The proprietary curved, 6-layer DAHLI enclosure design creates the optimal shear damping for a more rigid, acoustically inert enclosure and minimal cabinet resonances.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a life-time of reliable sound.
- The RTiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- PowerPort bass venting is Polk's patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more musical, deep bass impact.
- Patented Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC) technology suppresses cabinet resonance that causes distortion to ensure clear and natural sound.
- Beautiful curved furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents in black or cherry.
- Computer-modeled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimizing sonic interference.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customized high performance audio.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 24" x 7.75" x 14"
- Weight: 29 lbs.
- Front array driver complement: (2) 6.5" diameter mid/woofer, (1) 1" diameter tweeter
- Total frequency response: 45Hz - 27kHz
- Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter): 90dB
- Lower and upper -3dB limits: 55Hz - 26kHz
- Recommended amplifier power per channel: 20 watts - 200 watts
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- CSiA6 High Performance Center Channel Speaker
Customer Reviews for Polk Audio CSiA6 High Performance Center Channel Speaker
I'm running them from a Onkyo Nr1007 THXultra Receiver and have run oehlbach silver speaker cable to them, wishing i could biamp them but never mind.
I previously had a PARADIGM CC 350 which i loved untill i hooked this bad boy up.
The depth in the voice including highs and lows is out of this world, matching it's family member to perfect harmony.
I'm even still waiting for it to break in as it seems to get better everyt ime i hear it.
I've made my own dedicated bracket so it seems like it's floating off the floor.
The build quality gone in2 this product is one of the best i've seen.
The sound is amazing! I also bought a pair of RTI6's for my front channel. They sound wonderful together. I'm looking forward to many nights hiding in the basement and rattling the walls. : Whether it's music or movies. You won't be sorry you bought this speaker.
Since the normal hearing range is 20Hz to 20KHz the Tweeter highs(a falsetto 27KHz) are noticed when a Xylophone, Cymbals,Piano or String instruments are being played along with any other high note that's detected.. The Mid-Woofer(45Hz,= a mini Baritone..!!!) vocals are Super clear from my DVD's,Tuner,CD's and Direct TV and there are times when audio sounds somewhat three dimensional .. No more adjusting the volume, now the audio is strong and true... I have absolutely NO complaints , i'm proud and very happy with this handsome behemoth and the way it blends with my RTi12's and i would like to add i'm using the speaker "Bussbars" that's the gold speaker terminal clamps which help my RTi12's soundfield and imaging .. Some guy's fail to use these Bars but they feed signal to both sets of Speaker terminals.. If you buy the CSIA6 Center Masterpiece, you won't regret it ,this is some piece of work ...
PS. Dont try upgrade old system. This system will be conflict to new technology (RT7 and PSW 505). I buy RTi4 to old RT7 and lost many, later i change RTi4 to FXi A6. Recomendation PolkAudio use with front RTi10 surround FXi5 (or new FXi A6). Sound really better. Planning all speakers now no later.
This review may be placed to CSi A6 and FXi A6
Alexey, Russia, Moscow
Very pleased, the sound field blends better with matching drivers.
This is a very musical speaker, that also excels at HT. The cascaded cross overs, dual 6 1/2 inch woofers, Powerport, etc all produce a nice full range sound.
The new design is far superior aesthetically over the previous CSi Line, the grille looks phenominal.
Over all I am very pleased with this speaker. I have heard Legacys, Sotas, B&Ws, etc and for the price this is by far the best value.
Polk you have done it again, Thanks for creating a solid product!