MM1 Series 6.5" Coaxial Speakers with Ultra-Marine Certification
- Premium upgrade tuned for the total sonic accuracy found in a studio monitor speaker
- Meticulously conceived, designed, and engineered for advanced high performance sound
- Dynamic Balance technology provides rich, clean, full-range sound by eliminating distortion and unwanted resonant frequencies
- Low protrusion pivoting 1” Terylene tweeter ensures clear, detailed highs
MM1 is the next generation of Polk's highly-acclaimed Mobile Monitor series—conceived, designed, and engineered to deliver premium audio with unparalleled sonic detail and ultra-durable construction. It’s the one crafted for full-on powerful sound, no matter what vehicle you’re in.
Featuring an IP56 rating that includes a non-corrosive fiberglass reinforced ABS basket, epoxy-coated crossovers, waterproof inner and outer surrounds, weep holes for proper drainage, and titanium-plated cones, you get extra, long-lasting protection—that’s all salt-fog and UV tested.
1” Terylene Tweeter
Polk's newly designed Terylene dome tweeter features curvilinear formers that extend response and lower resonance for better dispersion in the critical midrange, delivering clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
Waterproof Santoprene Surrounds
This attractive high performance material maximizes throw with its ultra-flexible, ultra-durable properties—and prevents the elements from entering the speaker unit. Plus, it combats the harsh effects of boat cleaning agents.
UV Tolerant Titanium Plated Composite Cones
Provides tighter, cleaner, more accurate sonic dispersion—and won’t discolor or degrade with time and heavy use.
Advanced High- Performance Sound
Every element of the MM1 Series is meticulously engineered for high-performance sound—Dynamic Balance technology, a pivoting 1” Terylene tweeter, UV tolerant titanium plated composite cones, lightweight neodymium motor structure—plus, glass fiber formers, oversized voice coils, and high-temp Conex spiders for increased power handling.
Dynamic Balance Technology
Enjoy a rich, clean, full-range sound with Polk's patented Dynamic Balance technology engineered into every MM1 speaker. Rigorously tested and developed by the talented Polk Audio engineers, whose passion rests in the principles of great sound, Dynamic Balance technology features non-resonant materials so you get extremely clear highs, mids, and lows no matter what you’re listening to.
Neodymium Motor Structure
Compact lightweight neodymium motor structure provides more output with less power and overall higher efficiency—plus easier drop-in installation.
Glass Fiber Formers, Oversized Voice Coils, and High Temperature Conex Spiders
All three combine to create a high efficiency driver, for elevated sound, increased power handling, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Non-Corrosive Fiberglass Reinforced Baskets
Offers heavy-duty protection for back half of the speaker, which helps prevent corrosion and general wear and tear.
Integrated Epoxy Coated Crossovers
With its second order high/low pass system, you’re ensured the right frequencies reach the right speakers in your setup for optimal system blending regardless of the vehicle you’re in or the elements you encounter.
- Total pieces: 2
- Included accessories:
- (2) Grille
- (2) Mounting hardware
- (2) Wiring harness
- (2) Plastic adapter rings
- Drivers warranty: 1 year
- Original purchaser only: Yes
Premium Car Speaker
- Driver enclosure type: Ultra-marine certified
- Driver complement
- (1) 6.5" (16.51 cm) d (Round) - Mid/Woofer
- (1) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) - Tweeter
- Shape: Round
- Diameter: 5" (12.7 cm)
- Full-range mounting depth - Top mount: 2.62" (6.65 cm)
- Full-range mounting depth - Bottom mount: 2.86" (7.26 cm)
- Shape: Round
- Depth: 0.95" (2.41 cm)
- Total frequency response: 35Hz → 40kHz
- Max sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter): 93dB
- Type: 1st order (Woofer) 2nd order (Tweeter) at 5.0kHz
- Peak power handling: 300 watts
- Power handling (per channel): 100 watts → 300 watts
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One pair of MM652 speakers
- One pair of speaker grilles
- Mounting hardware
- Speaker harnesses
- One pair of plastic adapter rings
- Owner's manual