Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500 Universal Disc Player Overview
Pioneer’s latest Elite Universal Disc Player lives up to every word in its name. It’s one of the rarefied few top-of-the-line 4K HD Blu-ray players that easily reproduce every cinematic detail flawlessly, with full support for high-dynamic range formats for enhanced color range and brightness. Engineered to the Nth degree and optimized for any display, the UDP-LX500 also displays regular HD and standard-definition DVDs to finest effect. And it will play nearly any 5-inch silvery music disc in your collection, from standard CD and home-burned DVDs and CDs to Super Audio CDs. A full array of connections includes dual HDMI, digital coaxial and optical, two USB and Ethernet. A tank-like structure with a double-layered chassis and six-layer main circuit board, and the highest quality circuit components and digital-audio conversion chips, all combine to make the UDP-LX500, Pioneer’s first premium 4K player, the perfect AV source for the most elite home cinema – and audio – systems.
- Rugged two-layer construction with reinforced steel underplate minimizes vibration transmission
- Six-layer Inner Via Hole (IVH) main circuit board for improved A/V signal conduction and low noise
- Three-block internal structure isolates transformer, digital drive and analog audio path
- Zero Signal Terminal connects player to unused AV receiver input to synchronize ground potentials
- Full 4K UHD playback with support for HDR10, Dolby Vision, 36-Bit Deep Color and other enhancements to hues and brightness
- Separate settings for LED, OLED and projection, with Standard and High Dynamic Range (SDR and HDR) presets, to optimize video quality to display’s capabilities
- Universal player accommodates home-recorded DVDs, BDs and CDs, as well as Super-Audio CDs
- Top-quality audio reproduction with advanced DACs, quartz lock to eliminate timing errors, and Direct switch for pure output
- Dimensions: 17-1/8" wide x 4-5/8" high x 13-1/4" deep
- Weight: 22.7 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The strong, silent type
Pioneer’s engineers built the Elite UDP-LX500 on a sturdy foundation. The rigid construction of the chassis combines a 1.6mm base with a 3mm steel plate. The usual heat radiation holes are eliminated. The circuit board comprises six staggered layers with what are called IVH circuitry connections, for improved signal to noise ratio with less ground interference. And the power supply, the transport/digital electronics, and the analog audio processors are all installed in three separate blocks to isolate each from the other. In short, it’s built to virtually eliminate any interference or vibration, from inside or out, that might get between you and the source material.
Grounds for agreement
Pioneer’s unique Zero Signal Terminal is a connector that actually carries no signal – you connect it to an unused terminal on your AV receiver or preamp, says Pioneer, to synchronize the potential GND differences in the equipment for the highest quality signal transmission.
Perfectly paired to your panel
Pioneer lets you customize the UDP-LX500’s video output for LED and OLED screens or projectors, and equips each with separate high dynamic range (HDR) and standard dynamic range (SDR) presets, for the most accurate reproduction, optimized to any display.
Video to the highest standards
Right out of the box, the UDP-LX500 comes ready to handle the latest video enhancements. You get the full alphabet soup: HDR10, Dolby Vision, x.v.Color, and more, all designed to expand the ranges of brightness and hues and bring you ever closer to what the filmmaker intended. And should improvements be made (as they always are), the player’s firmware can be upgraded via USB or network connections.
Audio to please golden ears
With advanced digital-audio conversion (DAC) chips, optimized and isolated analog circuitry, quartz-lock capability to eliminate jitter and timing errors, and a Direct audio mode to eliminate unessential circuitry from the signal path, the UDP-LX500 is designed as much for the audiophile as the cinephile.
Served up on a silver platter
Over the years, a lot of varying content has been burned or pressed into 5-inch silver discs. And the “universal” nature of the UDP-LX500 means this player likely will handle whatever you’ve got in your collections – Blu-ray, DVD Video, DVD Audio, DVD-R and RW, Audio CDs, Super Audio CDs, CD-ROMs and CD-R and RW. If you’re not sure, just give it a spin.
- HDMI 2 out (1 main for audio/video, 1 sub for audio)
- Digital coaxial out
- Digital optical out
- USB 2 In (1 front, 1 rear)
- Analog audio out (unbalanced)
- Zero signal terminal (For audio/video quality tuning)
- Power requirements: AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power consumption: 28W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 4 5/8" x 13 1/4"
- Weight: 22.7 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- UDP-LX500 Universal Disc Player
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500 Universal Disc Player
1 year ago
over 2 years ago