nova125 Hybrid Integrated Amplifier With Built-in DAC
More power. You want to play your music louder without distortion. You want to feed your power hungry loudspeakers all of the watts they deserve. You want to fill a cavernous room with a throbbing bass line. You need more power. You need the nova125.
All of your music, from MP3 to Pandora to 24/192 lossless downloads, will have sound quality that will drive listening sessions long into the night, leaving your friends saying just one more song.
- 4 Products in One Chassis
- 24/192 Upsampling DAC
- 125 Watt per Channel Amp
- Hybrid Tube Preamp
- Headphone Amp
The Reasons It Sounds So Good
- The ESS Sabre Upsampling DAC is the worlds first chipset designed from the ground up to eliminate the anti-musical, high amount of jitter that is commonly found in computers and digital streamers. Using a patented process called HyperstreamTM the Sabre DAC buffers the incoming digital bitstream and reclocks it from thousands of picoseconds of jitter to less than 3 picoseconds. That means your computer, smart phone, and streamer can have sonic performance equal to the worlds best CD players.
- The 24/192 Asynchronous USB Input has a major impact on the overall sound quality of the nova125 and represents a huge technological leap from the previous Nova and iNova. Asynchronous communication keeps digital jitter at bay by not relying on the audio clock in the computer, which can get thrown off time by the thousands of processes running in your operating systems background. The USB input on the nova125 provides the best possible resolution, which furthers the efforts of the ESS Sabre DAC.
- Galvanic Isolation blocks electrical noise from all of the digital inputs on the nova125. Computers and digital streamers are prime sources of electrical noise. Electrical noise, even noise that you cant hear directly, masks fine details and distorts the tone of music. Galvanic isolation eliminates this noise.
- The Tube Buffer can be switched on via a button on the remote control to add a dose of warmth and take the hard edge off compressed audio sources like MP3s. The single 6N1P triode will last years for the average listener its easy to change and inexpensive to replace.
- The 125 watt per channel Power Amp is the newest generation of Class D technology. It takes audio performance to a whole new level with advances including extended bandwidth, improved dynamic range, and exceptionally low distortion. These high current output stages can comfortably drive any speaker load from 2 ohms. This amplifier has enough muscle to power any speaker you use and sounds great at any volume.
- The Headphone Amp enables you to listen in solitude without sacrificing sound quality. Most headphones need more than the tiny amount of power that trickles out of the headphone jack from your computer or iPod. Plug your cans into the nova125 and hear what they sound like with copious amounts of undistorted power driving them.
- DAC: ESS Sabre 9023
- Resolution: MP3,16/44.1,16/48, 24/88, 24/96, 24/176, 24/192
- USB: Asynchronous up to 24/192
- Optical: Up to 24/96
- Coax: Up to 24/192
- Tube: 6N1P
- Pre-out Impedance: 50 OHMS
- S/N: 96dB
- Jitter: <3ps measured at master clock
- Separation: 94dB
- Power Output: 125 watts per channel 8OHMS, 200 watts per channel 4OHMS
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz + .5dB
- Gain: 24dB
- Sensitivity: 1.2v
- Input Impedance: 50k OHMS
- Output Impedance: 18mOHMS
- Minimum Load: 2 OHMS
- Damping Factor: >1000 (100Hz 8OHMS)
- Max Output Current: 30A
- Channel Tracking: <+ 0.2dB
- Crosstalk: >90dB 20Hz-20kHz
- Max Power Consumption: 600 watts
- Standby Power Consumption: < 1 watt
- Dimensions: 4.37 x 14.8 x 11.5 (inches)
- Weight: 21.56lbs, 9.8kg
- Warranty: 2 Years Parts and Labor, 6 Mo. Tube